If you thought only shooters and RPGs had classes, you’re dead wrong. Codemasters has car classes in Dirt 5, and we now know the full list! In a press release, Codemasters announced the Dirt 5 car classes and what each means.
Dirt 5 Car Classes
- Cross Raid: Packing strength to conquer tough terrain, this class includes the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road’s video game debut.
- Rock Bouncer: Huge wheels, mad suspension, a big roll cage. Use this behemoth’s traction, acceleration, and stubbornness to beat all obstacles in extreme events.
- Rally Cross: These rallycross titans include the likes of the Peugeot 208 WRX and Citroen C3 R5. This class can turn on a dime and go from 0-60 almost as quickly.
- Formula Off Road: Ideal for Stampede events, this group houses our monstrous WS Auto Racing Mudclaw – a true off-roader with huge ridged tires and incredible power.
- Classic Rally: Roll back the years with rides like the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally and Porsche 924 GTS Rallye that popularized going flat-out fast on any possible terrain.
- 80s Rally: We’re combining favorites like the Ford RS200 with incredible newcomers like the Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid for a nod to off-road’s golden age.
- 90s Rally: Relive a time when off-road truly went mainstream and recreate rivalries with the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI.
- Rally GT: These desirable cars are kitted with off-road specs, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4 and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- Sprint: These rides perfectly rip up dirt oval tracks sideways while sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings and 900bhp. A unique class for unique racing.
- Pre Runners: The best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles draped with an off-road kit and souped-up for extreme racing. That’s the Pre-Runners class, featuring incredible race-ready versions of the Aston Martin DBX and more.
- Super Lites: Have fun taming the eye-watering speed of the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Exomotive Exocet Off-Road, and more in these champions of all-terrain challenges.
- Unlimited: Jump in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck and more to take on the most demanding off-road events in the world.
Dirt 5 will be out this October 9 on the PS4, Xbox One, PC, with the next-gen versions (PS5, Xbox Series X) arriving at a later date. Don’t forget to check out next-gen gameplay of Dirt 5 right here.