EA Vancouver has released the EA UFC 4 update 9.00 March 4 patch and this is a major one, as it adds two new fighters, and introduces a slew of gameplay tweaks! Head on below for the fighter ratings and gameplay related.
EA UFC 4 Update 9.00 March 4 Patch Notes:
UFC veteran Vincente Luque makes his entrance to the digital octagon with a 4 star overall rating bolstered by a 5 stars health rating and 4 stars for striking.
In this update we’ve improved the matchmaking system for online matches to discourage users from repeatedly leaving early. This will be done via a timed delay added preventing the user from entering matchmaking for a set amount of time. Additionally, you will notice that we’ve updated multiple other areas of gameplay that are outlined below.
- Added 2 new fighters, Kevin Holland and Vicente Luque
- Added a timed delay to matchmaking if a user repeatedly does not finish online matches
- Clinch Knees now receive a boost when Knees Boost is active in Career
- Fixed animation issue in a specific diving punch knee on belly entry
- Updated Michael Chandler’s nickname to “Iron” Michael Chandler
- Osoto-Gari is no longer available to Created Fighters
- Slipping strikes are now slower while rocked
- Significantly increased effect of Grapple Advantage on Takedowns
- Decreased denial window for the low single takedown
- Takedown denials now drain 20% more permanent stamina from the attacker
- Fixed animation issue in the early denial of the open stance single leg
- Added damage for the following slams:
- Kimbo Slam (right turn from cage single leg)
- Double Leg Slam from Cage Single Leg (left turn from cage single leg)
- Cage Bodylock Slam (left turn from cage double leg)
- Slowed down the advancing switch kick
- Body knees and frontal kicks can no longer be evaded by head movement
- Slowed down back side posture fakes and made the animation more readable
- Slowed down lead overhand combos
- Special counter from Side Saddle to North South now requires a large stamina advantage
- Fixed issue with jab – body side kick combo not working with “mixed movement”, such using one strike advancing and another stationary.
- Fixed a brief “freezing” animation issue when trying to walk and sway after a slipping straight
- Significantly slowed down jab – handplant kick combo
That’s one big update! We’ll make sure to report on any new title updates for EA UFC 4 in the future.