FromSoftware Inc. has released Elden Ring update 1.14, which is a surprise update to the game, and was released without the game’s servers going into maintenance which was the norm. Based on the download size, don’t expect much from it outside of fixes. Read on for the Elden Ring April 18 patch notes.
Elden Ring Update 1.14 Patch Notes | Elden Ring April 18 Patch Notes:
Size: 16MB (PC), 237MB (PlayStation)
Update: FromSoftware has released the official patch notes and we’ve updated the article accordingly.
Gameplay changes and bug fixes
- Fixed a bug where the effects of some Skills, Incantations, Items and Weapons that increased attack power were not applied to Spells and Incantations.
- Fixed a bug where the Skill Contagious Fury from the Jellyfish Shield kept increasing attack power when unequipping the shield or switching to a different weapon.
- Decreased the poise damage of the Cursed-Blood Slice Skill.
About PC Ray Tracing settings
Under certain circumstances, ray tracing has been enabled by default after updating the game to version 1.09.
- If Ray Tracing has been unintentionally enabled and is impacting your game, you can disable it from the title menu or in-game by going to System → Graphics → Set Ray Tracing Quality to OFF.
- If your game does not start properly or becomes unstable when Ray Tracing Quality is set to Low/Medium/High/Maximum, please consider the following options:
- Check the minimum/recommended operating environment of your PC when using Ray Tracing, available at the bottom of this page: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-version-109.
- Ensure that your graphics card drivers are updated to the latest version.
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:
App Ver. 1.09.1
Regulation Ver. 1.09.1
So far, FromSoftware has not acknowledged the title update or release the official patch notes just yet. Players in-game were notified of the update with the following message:
Once the patch notes are out, we’ll update the article, though don’t expect any new content from it outside of fixes that cropped up from the 1.09 patch released last March 23 that added ray tracing to the next-gen versions and other gameplay-related adjustments.
We’ll also be updating the article as more fixes are spotted, so stay tuned.
Update: The official patch notes have been released by FromSoftware, and we’ve update the article to reflect the official changes.