Those annoyed at the bugs present in F1 22, developer Codemasters has published a post detailing some of the fixes incoming to the game, and which issues the dev team are investigating. The thread highlights the F1 22 known issues, as well as the items awaiting a patch!
F1 22 Known Issues and Upcoming Fixes (as of June 15, 2022):
- AI straight line speed after slow corners
- AI can backout on overtakes too easily
- Heusinkveld pedals have a 50% brake deadzone
- Quick Practice over-wears the entire Power Unit
- Inability to use radio commands after using Flashback in certain circumstances
- Inconsistent force feedback when using a controller (PC)
- Sponsor contract lengths can be exceptionally long after an auto-renewal
- Tyre temperature above blanket temps when starting Formation Lap
- Sponsor logos do not appear in replays on the Player Car
- Driver number 23 is incorrectly available for use
- Sector timings not displaying
- Broken barriers at Baku – Turn 19
- Broadcast Safety Car causes all AI to pass and sometimes receive DSQs
- Tyre temperatures reset when pausing the game in Multiplayer
- Little to no force feedback when using Logitech G920/G29/G923
- Excessive DNFs at Baku when using Simulation Damage (My Team)
- Excessive ICE/MGU-H wear when using automatic gears
- Involuntary head movement when braking and accelerating in VR
- Flying lap can cause damage on Baku – Turn 15
- Engineer incorrectly states DSQ’d cars are still running
- Engineer refers to Racing Point
- Engineer stops replying to certain questions
Also take note:
- This is not an exhaustive list of everything the development team are working on. Just because an issue is not listed above does not necessarily mean it’s been ignored.
- If an issue is added to ⏳ AWAITING PATCH ⏳ this does not mean it will be addressed in the next patch but will be included in an upcoming patch.
Chances are, we should be getting an F1 22 patch soon-ish, and once we know more, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.
All of the issues mentioned are based on player feedback, and EA is encouraging fans to report any bugs they are facing. F1 22 is now available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC.