Square Enix has released patch 4.1, “The Legend Returns” for Final Fantasy XIV.
The update introduces new main scenario quests, 24-player alliance raids, side quests, and much more.
You can find the full list of patch notes below:
- Main Scenario Quests – The liberation of Ala Mhigo by the resistance signals the end of an era of tyranny. Lyse and her people now must decide how to greet their future, as Raubahn also faces important decisions of his own.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid Series – Return to Ivalice – Renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY XII / FINAL FANTASY Tactics) and Keita Amemiya—creator of the Garo television and film series, from which the Patch 3.5 PvP gear, weapons, and mount designs originated—lend their talents as guest creators in this thrilling new raid series and story.
- New High-Level Dungeon – Players can delve into the depths of The Drowned City of Skalla, the submerged ruins of a city destroyed by war and filled with promises of treasure and unsolved mysteries of years past.
- The Minstrel’s Ballad: Shinryu’s Domain – Shinryu beckons players to the battlefield once again in a new trial battle that poses an even greater challenge than the original encounter with this fearsome foe.
- New Side Quests – A new chapter in the fan-favorite Hildibrand adventures series arrives, in which Nashu Mhakaracca sets forth in search of her mentor in the Far East.
- Adventurer Squadrons – Players may explore a number of dungeons in solo play by forming a party with their adventurer squadron members. Players can issue commands to squadron members, who will also grow stronger as they hone their skills during these adventures.
- Kojin Beast Tribe Quests – Assist the Blue Kojin in creating their own treasure vault to store their gathered treasures and honor the divine, earning new rewards as you further relationships with this beast tribe.
- New Housing Area – Residential plots of land in the picturesque Shirogane are open to new residents, offering a lifestyle experience like no other in the Hingan paradise.
- New Custom Deliveries – Disciples of the Hand and Land can turn in crafted and gathered items each week to M’naago to help further her cause while learning more about the Resistance Widows and Orphans Fund.
For even more comprehensive details of what The Legend Returns includes, check out the official website here.
Square Enix has also listed their plans for the future including patch 4.11 and 4.15:
Additional content updates are also planned following the release of Patch 4.1. Players seeking an even greater challenge can test their skills in the Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) battle in Patch 4.11, scheduled for release two weeks after Patch 4.1, which promises to require even more determination than “Extreme” and “Savage” difficulty battles.
Additionally, Patch 4.15 will introduce Rival Wings, the newest PvP mode featuring 24-v-24 player combat with a brand-new ruleset. Adventurers can take control of mighty goblin creations as they enter the forgotten Sharlayan testing site, Astragalos, and fight and attempt to destroy their opponents’ towers.
Will you be returning to the game for the 24-player alliance raids? Let us know below.
In other Final Fantasy news, developer and publisher Square Enix is wanting to focus on games that “customers can enjoy more and play longer.” If you missed out on the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT experience, catch up with this video.