Square Enix has announced the Final Fantasy 14 next patch 6.2 called “Buried Memory” today, and it’ll bring in new main quests, a new dungeon, a new eight-player raid and loads more! In addition to that, Square Enix has also shared what’s coming beyond patch 6.2 as well.
Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.2 is set to launch in “late August,” and we have a list of what players should expect straight from Square Enix!
Final Fantasy 14 Next Patch 6.2 Buried Memory New Content and Details:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The latest chapter in the story continues.
- New Side Quests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavor continues.
- New Dungeon – The Fell Court of Troia
- New Trial – A new challenge at both Normal and Extreme difficulties. Further details to be announced at a later date.
- New 8-Player Raid – Pandæmonium: Abyssos will be available in both Normal and Savage difficulties. The Savage difficulty raid is planned for release one week following the launch of Patch 6.2.
- New Unreal Trial – Battle against Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal)
- PvP Updates – PvP Series 2 and Crystal Conflict Series 3 will begin with the release of Patch 6.2. Rival Wings will also resume, along with PvP action adjustments.
- Further Main Scenario Reworks:
- The Duty Support feature will be expanded to include main scenario dungeons from Snow Cloak through The Vault.
- The Steps of Faith Trial will be reworked into a Solo Quest Battle
- Thornmarch Trial will be revamped
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including job adjustments for both PvE and PvP, updates to Adventurer Plates, Glamour Dresser expansion from 400 to 800 slots, and more.
Players can watch the full announcement and “letter” by Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida regarding patch 6.2 and beyond in the video below.
In addition to that, more details have been sahred for patch 6.25, which will be released at a later date.
- New Side Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will unlock through the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron – Disciples of the Land focused quests
- New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Previously called “Criterion Dungeons,” players can enjoy this new variable-difficulty dungeon content—beginning with Sil’dihn Subterrane—designed for between 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Dungeons will feature branching routes, which change depending on player action within the dungeon.
- Another Path: Criterion Dungeons – High difficulty four-player content, which features a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeons, but will have a set route. The Criterion Dungeon content will feature two options of varying difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
While FF14 players are waiting for patch 6.2, Square Enix will release update 6.18 next week on July 5! Players can expect the long-awaited Data Center Travel feature along with it, and it’ll also include a new logical center, Meteor, to the Japanese data center.
Patch 6.18 is set to launch on Tuesday, July 5, introducing the long-awaited Data Center Travel feature. Players will be able to visit Worlds on different data centers, before forming parties and challenging duties once there. This feature only allows for travel between logical data centers within the same physical data center. Travel between Japanese, North American, European, and Oceanian data centers will be unavailable.
Patch 6.18 will add a new logical data center, Meteor, to the Japanese data center, and certain existing Worlds will be redistributed within it. European regions will also see the first of two major expansions to the number of Worlds available, meaning a greater capacity for more players. In the EU region, four Worlds will be added in total, with two Worlds being added to each data center as listed below.
Same as always, once the patch for July 5 is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know. Bookmark our Final Fantasy 14 game hub to know when the patch is out.