The rumored upgrade to one of the Square Enix’s most anticipated games last year has been confirmed, as Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade was officially announced during PlayStation’s State of Play digital showcase! RPG fans won’t need to wait long, as the Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade release date has been confirmed for June 10! More details have been revealed as well, which includes pricing, enhancements and more.
Here are some of the new enhancements gamers can expect straight from the press release:
- Immerse yourself in the city of Midgar like never before, with improved textures, lighting, and background environments. Players can switch between two game modes:
- “Graphics Mode” prioritizes 4K high-resolution graphics
- “Performance Mode” prioritizes smooth action at 60 frames per second
- Capture and share your memorable moments from the game with a fully customizable “Photo Mode”
- Enjoy immersive battles by using the DualSense wireless controller, with its haptic feedback integration, and enjoy dynamic bike racing with its adaptive triggers.
- New difficulty settings for ‘Classic Mode’ provide new ways to play
- Jump into the action faster with optimized loading times
Here’s the details on the Yuffie episode from the official press release.
As well as introducing many exciting new enhancements, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade also includes a brand-new episode featuring Yuffie as the main character. In this new adventure, play as ninja Yuffie Kisaragi as she infiltrates the shadowy Shinra Corporation to steal a powerful materia and restore glory to her homeland. Play alongside new characters and enjoy an expanded gameplay experience featuring multiple new combat and gameplay additions, bringing a new perspective to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake story that cannot be missed.
Players, who purchased Final Fantasy 7 Remake on PS4 and upgrade to PS5 can purchase the new episode featuring Yuffie as a standalone download from the PlayStation Store. Owners of the disc version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake on PS4 will require a PS5 console with disc drive in order to take advantage of this digital upgrade.
As you can see from the press release, the Yuffie episode will cost extra if you already own the PS4 version and upgrading it to PS5. For those wondering about save transfers, your PS4 saves will carry over to the PS5 version.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade will be available as a physical and digital Standard Edition, and a Digital Deluxe available on the PlayStation Store. The Digital Deluxe comes with a digital sondtrack, digital artbook featuring concept art and character sheets. Those who pre-order will also get the Cacstar weapon for Yuffie’s episode.