As part of today’s Borderlands 3 campaign DLC reveal, Gearbox Software has not only announced the title, but the devs also gave us our first look, and a lot of details, too! Called “Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot,” the Borderlands 3 campaign DLC release date is set for December 19 and is part of the Season Pass (one of the four campaign add-ons).
Check out the Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot below along with official game info straight from Gearbox.
In short, Moxxi’s recruiting you to seize control of a derelict space station built by the infamous Handsome Jack back when he was still President of the Hyperion corporation. The Handsome Jackpot is quite possibly the gaudiest gambling spot in the galaxy, with neon signs, slot machines, and gold statues all over the place. It’s also crawling with multiple models of deadly Hyperion Loader Bots, as well as lunatic looters who’ve been trapped on board ever since Jack’s death. But that’s not all:
- Explore a glitzy new galaxy destination packed with unique zones worthy of Handsome Jack’s lavish lifestyle and dirty dealings;
- Join Moxxi’s crew of eccentric characters and pull off the ultimate casino heist in a series of thrilling campaign missions;
- Discover hidden secrets and strange happenings in The Handsome Jackpot via fresh side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Get a blast from Pandora’s past when you battle the Hyperion forces that outlived Handsome Jack, including never-before-seen enemies and larger-than-life bosses;
- Perfect your Vault Hunter’s gear loadout with all-new Legendary weapons and gear;
- Expand your collection of cosmetics with even more customization items, including Vault Hunter heads and skins, weapon trinkets, an ECHO Device skin, and new emotes.
Gearbox mentions that Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot is tuned for characters who are at least level 13, though it will automatically scale up so that higher level players can find a challenge and the appropriate loot. You’ll also need to have unlocked Sanctuary III in order to access it.