Gundam Battle Operation 2 Update 1.25 is now available on the PlayStation 4, bringing with it a number of fixes, but most importantly, a new co-operative game mode.
Gundam Battle Operation 2 Update 1.25 weights approximately 1.2GB. As of writing, the full patch notes are not yet available, though down below you can read up on the new Battle Simulation feature along with some additional new content.
About Battle Simulation:
It is a “Battle Simulation” where you fight against MS piloted by AI in various situations.
There are 3 types in “Battle Simulator”. “TRIAL” mode where you can test drive MS, “SURVIVAL” mode where waves of enemy MS will rush straight at you, and “BOSS” mode where you fight against titanic MS.
Additionally, you can earn rewards by achieving the fastest times in the “Time Attack Function”.
The three modes are as followed:
- Trial Mode – This mode will have you play hand-picked MS suits from the developers as you are tasked to take down a specific target. Even if you don’t own the suit you will still be able to use it.
- Survival Mode – As the name suggests, the goal here is to survive all the waves until the final one.
- Boss Mode – You are tasked with taking out a certain number of enemies MS, in which afterward a Boss MS will spawn that you must defeat in order to finish the mission.
The modes can be played with two additional friends (3 player mode), and if you are able to invite anyone, they will be replaced by AI-controlled bots.
Additional information on Battle Simulation Mode
- Regarding Infantry – In Battle Simulator, you cannot act as infantry during a mission.
- MS Repair – In Battle Simulator, MS repair is done by “crouching or lying down” on the ground and “staying put” in space.
- Respawning after being destroyed- If you are destroyed by an enemy MS during a mission, you will immediately respawn at the designated point for each mission.
There is no limit on the number of respawns, and you can challenge the mission as many times as you want within the time limit.
The update also brings the start of the Spring Festival, which introduces the Zeta Gundam to the game. It will also introduce some new limited timed missions and 10 free weekly lottery drops that can be claimed once a week for the next four weeks.