Halo 5: Guardians‘ Battle of Shadow and Light update is here, bringing Big Team Battle and a selection of new Requisition items to 343 Industries’ shooter.
The update, around 6GB, also includes a few general tweaks, including a fix for “an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware.” You can read the detailed patch notes below, courtesy of Halo Waypoint.
Halo 5: Guardians – Battle of Shadow and Light Update
- Added 48 new REQs, including new armors, helmets, weapon skins, weapon and vehicle variants, a new visor and assassination, and new emblems. See below for a breakdown of what’s included.
- Added Big Team Battle playlist to Arena matchmaking
- Added BTB (Big Team Battle) Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Slayer to matchmaking and custom games. The mode details are as follows:
BTB game types. Motion Tracker is the same size as Warzone (25m). Matches are 16 minutes.
- BTB CTF – Score to win: 3 Captures
- BTB Strongholds – Score to win: 150 points
- BTB Slayer – Score to win: 100 points
4 BTB maps, available in matchmaking and custom games.
- Recurve by The Fated Fire & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Guillotine by The Psycho Duck & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Deadlock by Nokyard & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Basin by the 343 Multiplayer team
- Fixed an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware. Head here (Halo 5 Aiming & Controllers) for more details.
- Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including the below. Head here (Warzone Assault Tuning Changes) for more details.
- Faster REQ leveling
- Decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds
- Reduced starting grenade count to 1
- Added the “deliver” nav point for vehicle drivers who have a friendly flag carrier as a passenger.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to use the driver and gunner seats while holding the flag. Now, the flag carrier can only sit in the passenger seat.
- Improved Post-Game-Carnage-Report consistency.
REQs. Will be rolling out over time:
BTB map gallery:
See you on Big Team Battle with those fancy new REQs!