During day one of this weekend’s Evolution Fighting Championship 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Killer Instinct developers Iron Galaxy took a moment to detail some of the new features and tweaks coming to Season Two of the Xbox One-exclusive fighter.
During their panel, Iron Galaxy confirmed Killer Instinct 2 fighter Maya would also make a return in Season Two, along with a new stage. New mechanics like Stage Ultras, Air Counter Breakers, will also be introduced, as well as new features, modes, and changes to previously existing characters. Check out a panel summary below, as well as some off-screen pictures, courtesy of Eventhubs.
Killer Instinct Panel Summery
- Season Two will introduce Air Counter Breakers, available to all characters
- Season Two will introduce “Stage Ultras”
- Season Two will be “bigger and badder” with more features and modes, including new ladder systems
- Season Two will introduce more new content than Season One
- Season Two will feature improved classic costumes in order to match original outfits more precisely
- Season Two will add significantly to Killer Instinct’s story
- Maya’s stage is set in South America
- Maya’s use of daggers changed the combat system
- Rank limit will exceed 40
- There will be no violent “Fatalities”
- Returning characters will undergo changes
- Fulgore tweaks will make him more accessible
Killer Instinct Season Two arrives this fall on Xbox One. What other returning characters would you like to see?