Borderlands 2 players on the Mac, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms can expect a new hotfix to be made available as of today which will buff assault rifles and address other small issues.
Since this is a hotfix and not a regular patch, you must be connected to the internet every time you’re in the main menu in-order to be connected to the Shift server which is responsible for rolling out these new hot fixes. For the full list of what this hotfix addresses, feel free to check out the notes below:
July 24 Hotfix Notes
- Corrected an issue with certain assault rifles not receiving the proper damage bonus from their barrel.
- Flynt now has a chance to drop the Tinderbox and other unique items.
- Addressed an issue where BNK-3R could get stuck and not be defeated.
- Corrected the alignment of holographic pistol sights.
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Badassasarus now takes proper explosion damage from the Tunguska rocket launcher.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Players that have accepted but not completed “Roll Insight” can now properly interact with Murderlin.
- (Tina Tiny DLC) Repositioned the boundary turrets in Unassuming Docks to prevent players from missing a critical area.
- Addressed a rare issue where players who did not complete the optional “Collect Slag Samples” objective would not properly spawn back into the Natural Selection Annex.
- (PC Only) Fixed an issue where the visual effect tied to Krieg’s “Hellfire Halitosis” skill could last longer than intended.
Although the assault rifles may have been given a damage buff, it appears that it’s only applied to a selective few guns. You can check out the full list of guns that received these buffs here, courtesy of Gearbox community member, Bahroo.
Additionally, Chris F., the community manager over at Gearbox, will be bringing awareness to the Gearbox team regarding a few of Maya’s skills, such as Helios and Blight Phoenix, that didn’t scale correctly for Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
He said, “I can’t promise any major re-balancing or tweaks there, but if there are any significant bugs affecting things / scaling there’s a good chance we’ll try to get them resolved.”
Since Captain Flynt’s unique drops have been addressed and will now drop in TVHM and UVHM, which other bosses would you love to see loot drops tweaked by Gearbox?