Surprised Call of Duty Season Pass owners logged in to find an unexpected in-game gift following a new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 content update earlier today.
The update, in addition to plenty of fixes and improvements, rewards Season Pass holders with the following Black Market and Dr. Monty’s bonus items:
- 1 Weapon Bribe – A Supply Drop that guarantees a ranged or melee weapon
- Supply Drop Bundle – 10 Rare Supply Drops
- Liquid Divinium – 10 Vials of Liquid Divinium
As described by Activision, “Weapon Bribes are a special kind of Supply Drop that include three items, one of which is guaranteed to be a ranged or melee weapon for use in multiplayer.” In addition, Black Market Special Contracts are a one-time unlock available to anyone that wins 75 matches from today onward. They award players with a Weapon Bribe and ten Rare Supply Drops. “Coming soon, players will be able to complete other challenges in the form of Daily and Weekly Black Market Contracts for in-game rewards – stay tuned for more in the coming weeks,” Activision wrote. “Best of all, Black Market Contracts are independent of the Season Pass Bonus, giving Season Pass holders a chance to effectively double their number of Weapon Bribes and Rare Supply Drops.”
You’ll find the full patch notes for the latest update below, but what Treyarch didn’t show fans was the number of new ranged and melee weapons that were quietly added to Supply Drops. Some of the new ones spotted so far include the Slash N’ Burn axe, the L4 Siege launcher, the Skull Splitter mace, and the FFAR assault rifle which is based on the fan-favorite Black Ops weapon, the Famas.
The update also drops hand-in-hand with the launch of a Double Cryptokey Weekend, so now would be a good time to try to snag some of the new goods. Here are the multiplayer patch notes for PlayStation 4:
- New “Music Tracks” option is available in the Option Menu. Players are now able to choose which music plays in the Multiplayer Frontend, or select to have no music at all.
- Updated the “100 Percenter” Calling Card art and moved the challenge from Dark Ops to the main screen to reflect status as a “Challenge Master” reward.
- Improved stability when accepting an invite without the title booted.
- Improved messaging when a Player without Eclipse attempts to join a Player with Eclipse in the Main Menu.
- Leaderboards are now accessible after Maintenance messages are dismissed.
- Fixed an error when returning to the lobby from a Custom Game match if the Hardcore game rule was enabled.
- Rejack ability will now properly have a smoke effect if used while a Power Core Scorestreak is in effect.
- Power Core
- Resolved an issue where the Power Core was not destroying an enemy H.A.T.R.
- Fixed an issue where the Talon Scorestreak was able to navigate underneath the map in various locations.
- The Hardpoint location next to the Southern bridge can no longer be captured from the outer side of the Northern walls.
- Placed proper Player and Scorestreak collision on the back of the boat, in the river on the South end of the map.
- Improved building appearance in the Northwest corner of the map.
- Going behind the boulder on the street-side cliff is now considered out-of-bounds.
- Improved bot pathing in the river during Custom Game matches.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to stand on an unintended ledge.
- Players are no longer able to mantle into some of the rocks.
- Improved Player collision around Point B in the Domination game mode.
- Players are no longer able to use Ruin’s Overdrive ability to run outside the boundaries in the Southeast corner of the map.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to reach a particular metal beam in the center of the map.
- Addressed an issue where Players could stand on the gate next to the cliff path.
- Fixed Player camera intersecting the edge of gate near one of the gongs.
- Fixed issues where the Players were able to stand in unintended areas next to the white dragon banner and the red veranda.
- Fixed spawn issues at the beginning of 8-Player Gun Game and Free-for-All matches.
- The Talon Scorestreak is no longer able to navigate inside the mountainous area around the Eastern edge of the map.
- Improved Player mantling across multiple objects in the map.
- Fixed issues where the Talon Scorestreak was able to navigate to unintended areas beneath the outer catwalks.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to shoot through the window into the train.
- Improved map performance near the stairsteps of the East platform.
- Placed object in front of the barn’s woodpile, in order to close up the line of sight toward the wall run.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to mantle to an unintended area near the cave.
- Addressed an issue where Players were able to reach an exploitable area next to the waterfall.
- Addressed an exploit near the wall, North of the palace.
- Players are no longer able to mantle into the ticket booth next to the starting area spawn.
- Custom Games
- Updated Official CWL Variants with new restricted items.
- Additional item restrictions implemented in Arena.
- Sixth Sense
- Hardened Sentry
- Trip Mine
- Shock Charge
- New “Scrim Series” playlist introduced to Arena.
- Play the official CWL game modes, maps, and rulesets.
- No Protect & Ban, No Specialist Draft.
- Additional item restrictions implemented in Arena.
- Resolved an issue where certain player-controlled Scorestreaks were not counting toward the teamkill kick limit.