While rumors of an upcoming Mass Effect 3 multiplayer DLC titled Rebellion were recently deemed “not true” by BioWare, it appears that they were only referring to certain details as BioWare confirms today that Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack is, indeed, real.
Most of the details reported earlier were, in fact, correct, save for the name of a particular class that will be playable in the upcoming DLC.
As stated earlier, two new maps (Firebase Jade set in a Salarian-made jungle reservoir, and Firebase Goddess set on the Asari homeworld of Thessia) will be available for immediate play in the map selection. In-game reinforcement packs will include three new weapons (the Reegar Carbine Shotgun, Krysae Sniper Rifle and the Cerberus Harrier Assault Rifle) as well as additional equipment, consumables and six new playable classes.
The new races and classes as listed on the Official BioWare Blog:
- Thanks to their unique physiology and their Bloodlust ability, the Vorcha are joining the fight and are perfectly suited for the utilitarian soldier kit.
- The innate aggressiveness found within the Vorcha make them shockingly durable combatants, and when coupled with their Flamer skill, the Vorcha sentinel is a force to be reckoned with.
Male Quarian Engineer
- Quarians have spent centuries at perpetual salvage and ship repair; the survival of their species depends on this technical expertise. When bringing the new Arc Grenade to the fray, the Quarians prove their prowess as effective engineers on the battlefield.
Male Quarian Infiltrator
- The Male Quarian Infiltrator must actively rely on stealth while in the heat of battle, and when they make use of their Tactical Scan ability, they quickly prove their mettle while continuously dishing out the pain.
- When the Illusive Man turned to indoctrination in order to ensure the loyalty of his troops, many Cerberus operatives defected and joined the Alliance in order to stop the Reapers. Now that we’re on the same team, Ex-Cerberus Vanguards (along with their new Lash attack) are quickly proving their worth.
- A result of the Illusive Man’s early experiments in enhanced human physiology, Ex-Cerberus subjects are highly skilled combat and biotics specialists. As a result, Ex-Cerberus Adepts can lay waste to the enemy with their Smash and Singularity powers.
Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack will be available on Xbox Live, the PlayStation Network and PC this Tuesday, May 29th (Wednesday, May 30 on the PSN in Europe). Much to the pleasure of all ME fans, the Rebellion Pack will be available at no extra cost for anyone who has redeemed an online pass on any of the platforms.
Remember, Operation: Shieldwall begins this weekend! What new class are you dying to try out in Rebellion? Let us know in the comments below.
Check out some of these “rebellious” images (click for a larger size):