In case you didn’t know, Activision has released the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 reveal trailer today! And while scant gameplay details have been revealed, it seems a ton was sbown behind closed doors regarding Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer and other gameplay details.
One of the people who attended was JackFrags, and he managed to list down a lot of gameplay stuff! Players can expect to hang from ledges and shoot, Gunsmith now having 10 attachment slots for attachments, and loads more! Check out the list below for the significant info shared during the vent.
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer and Gameplay Details:
- – Ledge Hang – You can hang from ledges and aim and shoot with your pistol.
- – Ledge Hoist to jump up to higher levels
- – Full rappel – you now have freedom of movement when you rappel
- – Sliding is still in the game but a new diving mechanic has been introduced
- – Swimming – Players can swim above and under water, as well as shoot their pistol or use their melee weapon. Bullets have different ballistics in the water
- – Different level of water affect visibility. Deeper you are, the harder it is to see you.
- – Advance water simulation for more realistic water.
- – New Gunsmith system with 10 attachment slots: muzzle, underbarrel, laser, ammunition, optic, rear grip, barrel, magazine, receiver, and stock. Said to offer more depth than previous Gunsmith system
- – New Gunamith feature called Weapon Platform – Explained by saying if you use a specific weapons type like an SMG and earn XP to level up, you will unlock more guns that live within that weapon’s family tree
- – Guns have unique and shared weapon attachments, if you unlocked it in a family tree already you won’t need to unlock it again.
- – Attachment Tuning – You can tweak attachments. An example shown was the MP5 barrel, which featured a weight distribution slider. Heavy on the slider meant more control, lighter meant increase in ADS speed for this specific attachment. Length of the barrel was also adjustable, improving either aim walk speed or aim stability.
- – Ground War returns with bigger maps
- – Vehicles are a bigger part of both Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2
- – You can now lean out of cars and vehicles’ windows with full 360 degree motion.
- – You can climb on top of vehicles as they are moving. They were shown an example where the player was jumping from car to car.
– New vehicle damage – Doors can be blown off, tires can be shot at and it all affects the vehicle’s performance.
- – Vehicles can be repaired by taking them to gas stations.
- Vehicles will remain on the map now, even after being destroyed.
- – New vehicles – New boats such as an armored boat, Wilson and APC are amphibious, new weapon weapon platforms, new troop helicopter. Troop vehicle can be used as a spawn beacon in Ground War.
- – Big focus on big battles will be present day 1. Large maps that feature several different game modes.
- – 6v6 core maps are present, said to be smaller than MW19 maps.
- – New Warzone 2 map described as a sandy desert location with multiple points of interest. Shipwreck, a castle, fishing village, and assumed airport, downtown area, football grounds and more were described as locations seen.
- – New A.I. System – Currently testing 100 players with 300 A.I at the same time.
- – A.I won’t be fodder
- – Tactical camera can be thrown on the wall and be used to mark characters. Can be used in a network of cameras placed by other teammates. Can be setup with motion sensors.
- – Drill charge – Throws onto a wall or vehicle and will drill through and throw a grenade in.
- – DDOS – EMP device that will stall vehicles
- – Inflatable Decoy – A blow up dummy decoy that can me deployed manually or by proximity. Used as a distraction. Looks like a real player.
- – Equipment has different interaction when it comes to water. For example, a proximity mine will deploy air bags to stay floating above water.
- – (New Mode) Knockout Mode – Gunfight meet core multi-player, described as last one holding the package wins. One life, one minute timer per mode.
- – (New Mode) Prisoner Rescue – Attack and Defender, one team tasked with going in and grabbing the prisoner while the other team tries to prevent that.
- – Animations and graphics look fantastic
- – New unified engine between Warzone 2 and MW2
- – Ricochet Anti-Cheat day 1
- – Warzone Mobile soon.
- – No FOV slider mentioned at this time on console
Worth mentioning that the info collected are from an early build of th game, so things could change before release. Also, this is far from everything new Modern Warfare 2 has to offer, but even so, that’s a ton of new stuff awaiting multiplayer and Warzone fans, no?
You can check JackFrags’ video below:
Modern Warfare 2 will be released this October 28 on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC.