Following today’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 gameplay reveal, Sledgehammer Games has dropped a ton of info regarding the game’s multiplayer, and so far, it’s all good news. The developers are not only introducing new gameplay features such as the Modern Warfare 3 Tac Stance, but we are also getting a ton of “legacy” features back as well!
- Related Reading: Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay, Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed, 12 Original Maps to Be Added as Part of Post-Launch Seasons
Modern Warfare 3 Tac Stance, Evolving Loadouts and After-Market Parts – New Features:
New Gameplay Innovation: Tac-Stance
Breach and clear with the new Tactical Stance feature, a perfect middle-ground between hip-fire and aiming down sights. When entering tight hallways and cramped rooms, toggle Tac-Stance on to improve weapon performance and win the fight. Here’s what to expect from Tac-Stance:
- The operator unshoulders the weapon and holds it in a canted firing position.
- You can toggle in and out of Tac-Stance dynamically while aiming down sights.
- Tac-Stance trades precise accuracy for improved mobility and handling.
- Some spread to your firing will occur, best described as a middle ground between full ADS and hipfire.
- It is designed to be used in aggressive, close-quarter combat situations.
- By default, you fire in Tac-Stance while Sliding.
New Gameplay Innovation: Evolving Loadouts
Modern Warfare III brings new levels of customization to Create-a-Class. Get ready to build your Loadout based on cutting-edge military equipment, such as gloves, tactical vests, boots and more; allowing you to fine-tune more aspects of gameplay.
New Gameplay Innovation: After-Market Parts
The evolution of the Gunsmith continues with the addition of After-Market Parts. This is a special set of customization options allowing you to focus on your preferred and specific playstyle. After-Market Parts enable you to construct unique weapon configurations or types such as customizing a machine gun into a bullpup configuration (with the firing grip in front of the breech rather than behind it), thus increasing mobility and handling without compromising on damage output.
After-Market Parts will also offer new progression paths, and challenges to unlock. Expect more info about this to be shared in the coming weeks.
The Return of Classic Gameplay
Here are the Multiplayer features confirmed for Modern Warfare III Multiplayer, coming Day One:
- Map Voting returns, allowing players greater autonomy over their Multiplayer matches.
- Classic Minimap Behavior, with red dots indicating when an enemy is firing an unsuppressed weapon.
- All chosen Perks are available at the start of each match.
- The Covert Sneakers Perk allows for silent movement (assuming you’ve chosen the correct footwear).
- Core Multiplayer Health is increased to 150, lengthening the Time-to-Kill (TTK). Hardcore mode is not affected.
Movement in Modern Warfare 3: Responsiveness
When maneuvering in Modern Warfare III Multiplayer, expect the following movement abilities in terms of your Operator’s general responsiveness:
- You can cancel Slide animations (i.e., “slide cancel”), but Slide Cancelling does not reset Tactical Sprint.
- You can cancel partial Reloads during an animation (i.e., “reload cancel”) to immediately return fire.
- Mantling is faster, and you can Mantle while Sprinting.
- You can fire during and immediately after Sliding.
- Tactical Sprint durations are increased (the exact duration depends on the weapon being used).
- Tactical Sprint recharges while Sprinting.
In addition to that, Sledgehammer Games confirmed that there will be a new game 3v3 mode called “Cutthroat,” and the classic maps that are returning will feature new game modes previously unavailable to those maps back in 2009 (Hardpoint, Kill Confirmed, etc.).
Ground War, Invasion and War Mode Confirmed
Lastly, Ground War and Invasion has been confirmed to be back as well. Players can expect three brand-new Battle Maps — large-scale locations where Ground War and Invasion game modes will be playable. There will also be one War map that will support the return and evolution of the War Mode that was first introduced in Call of Duty: WWII.
As you can see, we’re at the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Modern Warfare 3 info! We should be getting more intel on the new gameplay features, the perks, killstreaks and more in the coming weeks and months.