Activision has officially confirmed that Call of Duty 2022 will be a sequel to Modern Warfare (2019), and is being developed by Infinity Ward! For some odd reason, Infinity Ward has still not confirmed the title is Modern Warfare 2, though we’re all expecting that to be the case.
In addition to that, a new Warzone experience we’re dubbing as Warzone 2 is also being developed by Infinity Ward, too. This will be a “massive evolution” to the battle royale experience of Warzone, and will offer an all-new playspace, and even a new sandbox mode.
Both the Modern Warfare sequel and Warzone 2 will be using a new game engine.
Here’s the official word from Activision about Call of Duty 2022:
- This year’s Call of Duty is a sequel to Modern Warfare® 2019.
- The new game and a new Warzone experience are designed together from the ground-up.
- Expect a massive evolution of Battle Royale with all-new playspace and a new sandbox mode.
- A new engine powers both the new Call of Duty game release and Warzone.
- Development on both the new Call of Duty and the Warzone experience is being led by Infinity Ward.
We’ll have more Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 news up on te site soon.