With the Jason Voorhees character DLC now officially available to all, it appears NetherRealm Studios is giving MKX fans a small taste of the next upcoming DLC fighter, Tanya.
The latest patch, now available for PlayStation 4, soon to hit Xbox and PC, offers a small glimpse of an updated Tanya model, as well as a first look at the Klassic Pack, Brazil Pack, and Klassic Reptile costumes:
Also, here’s a look at some of Tanya’s Finishers:
NetherRealm Studios has also outlined the changes that are set to accompany this patch when it hits your platform of choice:
General Gameplay fixes
- Many movelist frame data corrections.
- Corrected many normal attacks that were intended to be 0 or negative on block were being overridden to be +2
- Hitting Front Punch + Back Punch + Front Kick at the same time at the special cancel window will no longer cause an enhanced move to come out
- Removed the ability to mash normal attacks while continuing to block after blocking an attack
- You can no longer cancel into an enhanced interaction during the first 10 frames of some block stuns.
- Versus Session Stats are now correctly award as wins/losses when you pause and exit to player select or restart match (Versus Session Stats can be turned on in Main Menu > Options > Game Play)
- Fixed several characters being able to attack on the first frame of a jump.
- Added unlock counter for Krypt.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from joining an in-progress Ladder, KOTH, or Team Battle match from a chat lobby.
- Ping meter accuracy improvements.
- You can now choose to not play a Ranked Match if the connection is below the set threshold.
- Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match.
- Player Skill Rating algorithm improved.
- Fixed crash occurring when receiving online VS. Challenge while editing Kombat Kard.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes happened when skipping the last fight in the Klassic Tower.
- Fixed an issue causing some offline replays to report “playback does not agree”.
- Added the ability to go full screen in the KOTH viewer by PS4 players who use devices that do not have a touchpad button
Character Specific Fixes
- Cassie (Hollywood) – Assault Force combo can no longer be special canceled after the knockdown.
- Ermac (Spectral) – Special cancels done during Soul Accession now award the correct amount of meter.
- Goro – Brutal Kick now hits overhead.
- Jason – Temple Punch & Shoulder Push no longer auto-correct after it’s started moving.
- Jason (Unstoppable) – Some special moves were delaying resurrection from happening until the move was over.
- Jax – Can no longer get a free hit on opponents after his X-Ray.
- Johnny Cage – Adjusted some hitboxes to hit crouching opponents more consistently.
- Kitana – Can now perform her X-Ray attack while airborne.
- Kitana –No Longer airborne for the first frame after her X-Ray connects which could prevent her from blocking.
- Kitana – Gained a new attack on away +3 (Pretty Kick)
- Kitana (Mournful) – Glaive Throw no longer disables blocking removing a possible infinite combo.
- Kitana (Mournful) – Fixed a bug that causing the 2nd hit of Glaive Return to sometimes not come out.
- Kitana (Mournful) – Opponent can no longer by OTG’d after being hit by Staff Grab
- Kung Jin – Cartwheel Smash is now -3 on block (down from +4)
- Kung Jin (Bojutsu) – Several staff attacks were not combo damage scaling correctly
- Kung Lao (Tempest) – Cyclone now has 7 startup frames (up from 5)
- Kung Lao (Tempest) – Hat Spin & Orbiting Hat will now combo link correctly afterwards
- Kung Lao (Tempest) – Shortened the time it takes for his hat to return after Hat Spin & Orbiting Hat.
- Mileena – Tele-Kick can no longer be punished on hit and will combo when special canceled into Air Sai Blast or X-Ray.
- Mileena – Can now perform her X-Ray attack while airborne.
- Mileena – Improved tracking on X-Ray
- Quan Chi (Summoner) – Demon Spawn’s cooldown is no longer reset when a Bat attack hits the opponent.
- Quan Chi (Summoner) – Fixed some cases where the Demon Spawn wasn’t going away when Quan Chi got hit.
- Quan Chi (Summoner) – Fixed an issue causing Demon Spawn to sometimes instantly disappear after being summoned.
- Quan Chi (Warlock) – No longer has the Front Punch, Back Punch, Throw combo (Portal Slam).
- Quan Chi (Warlock) – Gained a new special move Portal Scoop (D, F, FP).
- Raiden – Shocker was causing combo damage scaling to be reset.
- Raiden (Thunder God) – adjusted some combo damage scaling
- Shinnok – Away + 3 (Shin Kick) is now towards + 4 and he has a new away + 3 (Devious Heel)
- Shinnok – Can now enhance Hell Sparks & Hell Blast on block.
- Shinnok (Impostor) – Now steals Dash Punch from Jax instead of Ground Pound.
- Shinnok (Necromancer) – Can now control the location of Judgment Smash & Judgment Fist.
- Sonya (Special Forces) – No longer gains meter for Park Drone and Remove Park.
- Sonya (Special Forces) – Park Drone and Remove Park no longer resets combo damage scaling
- Subzero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone now always correctly goes away on block instead of sometimes leaving a Klone with no active hitbox.
- Subzero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone cooldown is no longer instantly reset if it goes away on its own.
- Takeda – Slightly decreased the combo damage scaling on Fist Whirlwind & Whip Flurry.
- Takeda – Can now do his X-Ray with the Block + Front Kick + Back Kick shortcut on an arcade stick while jumping straight up.
- Takeda (Ronin) – When special cancelling into Blade Drop it will always fall the same distance regardless of Takeda’s facing.
Lastly, Ed Boon’s tease of everyone’s favorite elderly Outworlder, Blanche, becoming a Stage Brutality in a upcoming update has become a reality. The latest patch adds the ability to finish off your opponent in style, teaching them a lesson in humility.