For those not familiar with the NBA 2K franchise, the game usually has a demo available on the PlayStation and Xbox digital storefronts a week before launch, which lets you create a player, and have any progress you make carry over to the retail version of the game when you purchase it.
This year’s NBA 2K18 “demo,” which is called “The Prelude,” not only will be available next week on September 8, but it’ll even have Trophies/Achievements that anyone can earn just by playing the demo. What’s more, the Trophies/Achievements are super easy to earn. How easy? You can earn some without even playing an actual basketball match.
- You’ve Got The Look (Bronze) – Create Your MyPLAYER.
- Devil is in the Details (Bronze) – Register for The Proving Ground.
- I Make This Look Good (Bronze) – Select a jumpshot for your MyPLAYER.
- It’ll Last Longer (Silver) – Take a picture of the Air Jordan XXXII shoe.
- Y’all Ready For This? (Silver) – Play your first game in The Proving Ground tournament
- Movin’ On Up (Silver) – Play in the Showdown Game at the end of The Proving Ground event.
- Hey Guys! (Silver) – Get interviewed by Rachel for 2KTV after the Showdown Game.
- Don’t Call it a Comeback (Silver) – Get an NBA tryout.
- Not Gonna Waste My Show (Silver) – Complete the tryout with an NBA team.
- Pinch Me (Gold) – Get the big text from your agent.
NBA 2K18 will be available this September 19 on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch and PC. However, those who pre-order it can play a few days early on September 15.
In other NBA 2K18 news, we posted the top 30 best players in the game that are currently playing based on their player ratings, so make sure to check that out.