Following last week’s NBA 2K21 patch for last-gen (current-gen?) platforms, Visual Concepts has released the NBA 2K21 update 01.007 March 17 patch for next-gen platforms (PS5, Xbox Series X|S). Head on below for the known changes and new stuff in today’s patch.
NBA 2K21 Update 01.007 March 17 Patch Notes:
Update: Visual Concepts has released the patch notes for today’s next-gen patch!
- The City has received an all-new Spring update to help ring in the warmer months! This will be going live starting Thursday.
- The following players have received likeness, tattoo, and/or signature facial animation updates:
- Mikal Bridges
- Jaylen Brown
- Thomas Bryant
- Vernon Carey Jr.
- John Collins
- James Ennis
- Malachi Flynn
- Wenyen Gabriel
- Daniel Green
- Tyrese Haliburton
- Kevin Huerter
- Cameron Johnson
- Tre Jones
- Saben Lee
- Theo Maledon
- Terance Mann
- Juwan Morgan
- Joakim Noah
- Jordan Nwora
- Daniel Oturu
- Jerome Robinson
- Isaiah Stewart
- Tyrell Terry
- Xavier Tillman
- Anthony Tolliver
- Rayjon Tucker
- T.J. Warren
- Paul Watson
- D.J. Wilson
- Robert Woodard II
- Resolved an issue that caused the names of some playbooks to disappear.
- Addressed a rare issue with Dark Matter player cards not displaying the player reveal during pack openings (MyTEAM).
- Addressed an audio issue with Dark Matter card animations (MyTEAM).
- Prep work for Season 6 of MyTEAM. It’s…peculiar.
- Various stability and performance issues have been addressed to further improve the overall experience.
Note that the patch seems to be exclusive to the next-gen version of the game (we checked current-gen), though if that changes, we’ll update the post.
While Visual Concepts has not released the official changelog just yet, we’ve listed the new stuff in the latest patch for current-gen, as Visual Concepts has announced that the features below will be added at a”later date.” Exact wording is: *Update is available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4; will roll out to additional platforms at a later date.
- 2K Foundation Inspired court at 2K Beach along with new seasonal decorations.
- Updated another set of player likenesses for current NBA players.
- Addressed a rare issue with Dark Matter player cards not displaying the player reveal during pack openings
- Addressed an audio issue with Dark Matter card animations
- Addressed a name display issue for some playbook cards
- Additional various preparations for upcoming additions to MyTEAM
Of course, given the big differences between the next-gen and current-gen versions of NBA 2K21, don’t be surprised to see a significant list of changes included in today’s next-gen update for the basketball sim that’s not present in the current-gen versions. That said, once the devs share the changelog, we’ll update the post.
Update: We’ve updated the post with the official patch notes from the studio.