Cryptic Studios has released a Neverwinter update today for both consoles and PC! This should show up as the new Neverwinter update 8.10 August 27 patch, with the different platforms’ patch notes listed below.
New Neverwinter Update 8.10 August 27 patch notes (PS4):
Content and Environment
- Infernal Warmachine: Enemies required to complete this Heroic Encounter now spawn after players engage it, which should prevent the encounter from becoming stuck.
- Mote of Virtue: If the player or party is defeated near the end, they no longer have a chance to retain the context-dependent power granted to them.
- Players are less likely to be able to double-jump extra high from the jump pads in the Stygian Docks.
- Various devils no longer incorrectly shout, “For the Nashers!”
- Ground targeting indicators for player powers should more consistently display in the combat area.
- Visual improvements have been made to the environment.
- There was an issue with the way Doer of Deeds and Great Deeds were updated, that has now been resolved. They should complete based off of story milestones that roughly corresponded to the original Deeds system on log in. Doer of Deeds will complete based on the quest Back Up from Ebon Downs. Great Deeds will complete based on the quest Protector’s Emissary.
- The Summer Artisan has finally received the message that the Festival has ended, and is no longer available for event-based Profession tasks.
- Barovia: Merchant Misery: The final wave of scarecrows finally spawns in a timely manner.
- Characters in the certain story quests are less likely to talk over each other.
- Ebon Downs: Foliage no longer incorrectly has collision.
Combat and Powers
- The visual effect indicators applied by the class mechanics “Mark of Divinity,” “Aura of Divinity,” and “Lifemark” have been removed and replaced by similar indicators that appear as part of the user interface now instead. This ensures that the indicators are always visible above the player’s health bar when it is displayed. Enabling the settings to hide all overhead information (found in Options->Interface->HUD) will hide the overhead healing mark.
- In addition, a small version of the indicator is now visible in the party pane next to the marked target’s name.
Classes and Balance
- Barbarian (Sentinel)
- Raging Bladeturn now more clearly states that it does not add to the Deflect rating.
- Warlock (Soulweaver)
- The class feature “Dark One’s Blessing” now correctly states that it generates 60 soulweave, rather than 6 soul sparks. (Functionality has not changed.)
- Wizard (Any)
- Casting an AoE fire spell followed by an AoE ice spell now more consistently applies Rimefire Smolder to all appropriate targets.
- Shard of the Endless Avalanche can no longer generate Action Points outside of combat.
- Token of Chromatic Storm: The acid debuff no longer stacks when multiple players use this artifact power.
- An issue has been resolved wherein some stats would be temporarily reduced when a combat companion was KO’d. As a result of this fix, stat contributions from bonding runestones should no longer be reduced when your combat companion is KO’d.
- Grung’s Instincts: This player power now functions consistently with the Snow Leopard’s.
- Infernal Forged Shirt: This item’s effect no longer allows players to gain Action Points outside of combat under certain circumstances.
- Hellfire Engine: This set bonus’ buff tooltip text has been corrected.
- Legion Guard: This set bonus no longer incorrectly provides stats to companions.
Enemies and Encounters
- Infernal Warmachine: The spears fired by the machine now properly fire in the direction of the warning indicator.
- Zariel can no longer become stuck under certain circumstances.
Items and Economy
- Spined Devil: This companion now properly bolsters the Mystical category.
- Going forward, 20% Mount sales will also apply to Insignia Packs in the Supplies category. Mount coupons do not apply to this purchase.
- Going forward, 20% Companion sales will also apply to the Companion Upgrade Pack in the Supplies category, as well as the Companion Upgrade Bundle in the Packs category. Companion coupons do not apply to this purchase.
- Legendary Bonus Insignia Pack: The drop chance of a Legendary Mount from this promotional purchase has been somewhat increased.
- The Refinement Pack on the Zen Market has been improved.
- The Scarf of Embellishments can now properly be added to the Appearance library.
- When trying to collect an item remotely, the delivery fee prompt now shows the name of the item.
- When purchasing items in a batch, the count of purchased items is now displayed in the “Item Received” notification.
- The Quasit companion should now be less obnoxious.
Performance and Stability
Nevewinter August 27 PC Patch Notes:
Items and Economy
- A pack of “Zariel’s Favors” will no longer incorrectly appear in a player’s inventory when they are at or near the Zariel’s Favor cap.
- The amount of Zariel’s Favor rewarded by repeatable quests has been increased as follows:
- 50 > 120
- 40 > 100
- 30 > 80
- Weekly Challenges: It is now possible to do both weekly challenges in a category each week. The user interface has been updated to reflect this.
- Known issue: In French, German, Italian, and Russian locales, the text has not yet been updated.
- Weekly Challenges: When completing a dungeon challenge, all players now consistently get the advertised amount of Zariel’s Favor.
- The packs, “Fallen Apprentice’s Expedition Pack Essentials” and “Expedition Pack of Twisted Shadows Essentials,” can now be purchased on the Zen Market for a limited time, along with the other Expedition Pack Essentials.
- The price of the Expedition Pack Essentials purchases has been lowered to 4500 Zen, down from 6000.
- These packs are available for one week, starting 10:00 AM PDT (17:00 UTC) on Thursday, August 27th.
- The “Rank 15 Enchantments” purchase (Five packs, each with a choice of Rank 15 Enchantment), is available again on the Zen Market for a limited time.
- This purchase is available for one week, starting 10:00 AM PDT (17:00 UTC) on Thursday, August 27th.
- Redeemed Citadel: Server milestone progress no longer incorrectly rounds up to 100% before it’s reached 100%.
Xbox gamers should be getting the same patch notes as the PS4 version.