Celebrating the launch of 80 new bases offered in PlanetSide 2‘s brand spanking new Hossin continent, Sony Online Entertainment has got spiffy launch trailer to show you, along with a hefty list of patch notes.
The free-to-play PC shooter’s latest update not only offers an entirely new play space, but also allows players to lock continents and makes recruiting to outfits much easier with the new outfit recruiting system. There are also a number of new outfit decal options along with plenty of other tweaks and bug fixes.
You can read up on the full update list below and check out the new launch trailer above.
PlanetSide 2 June 26 Game Update Notes
- Continents can now be locked to a conquering empire in one of two ways: When a continent locks, the conquering empire automatically captures all remaining regions on the continent
- Dominate the continent by owning at least 94% of the territory
- Win an alert
- All players on the locked continent will be prompted to redeploy to another continent.
- A maximum of 2 continents can be locked at any one time.
- Whenever a continent is locked the oldest existing locked continent will automatically unlock.
- A Continent Benefit is now only active while the continent is locked.
- Continent Benefits have changed: To accommodate continent locking, Global Alerts have been removed from the game, meaning every alert is now specific to a continent
- Amerish gives -50% Infantry Purchases (up from -10% Aerospace Purchases)
- Esamir gives -50% Mechanized Purchases (up from -10% Mechanized Purchases)
- Indar gives -50% Aerospace Purchases (up from -10% Infantry Purchases)
- Hossin gives +25% XP (new) (It’s almost like we want you to play there!)
- When a continent is unlocked the warpgates on that continent will rotate, and territory will be reset to a default starting configuration for each warpgate. (Tired of your warpgate location? Now you can fix it)
- Warpgates will no longer rotate every other week and are now exclusively rotated via continent locking.
- Do you run an outfit? Looking for some new blood? List your outfit in the brand new recruiting system.
- Are you looking to join an outfit? Want to meet some new friends? Find an outfit to join in the brand new recruiting system.
- To list your outfit go to the outfit screen and there is a Manage Recruitment button.
- To view recruiting outfits, go to the outfits button on the social tab. On the main page is a button to find an outfit.
- Your outfit can now select a decal to represent yourselves.
- Purchase Infantry or Vehicle Outfit decals in their Depot categories for 100 SC or 250 Certs
- Equip like a normal decal. If you’re in an outfit and the outfit has a decal selected, the decal will display as the selected decal. (How many times can we say decal? You’d be surprised!)
- If you’re not in an outfit, the decal will not display. (So just join and stay in an outfit already)
Outfit Base Capture
- When your outfit captures a base your outfit’s decal will be displayed on the faction banners at the base, on the scoreboard, and on the map. (We got tired of some of you “marking” the map. Infantry are provided latrines).
- An outfit is recognized as being the captors by being the highest scoring outfit during the base’s capture
- For now, this score is simply the cumulative score of the outfit members that participated in the base capture (i.e. the scores that are displayed on the scoreboard). (If you are bad at math, just have everyone try harder ok?)
- The descriptions on the Medical Applicator now list the hotkeys required for healing and reviving. (Some of you were just mashing 5 keys and getting lucky).
- Adjusted ranges of “Enter Vehicle” and “Equipment Terminal” interactions on Sunderer.A lattice link has been added between TI Alloys and Ceres Hydroponics on Indar.
- Change reduces overlap and is intended to reduce the chances of accidentally triggering the interaction you don’t want.
- When the vehicle is deployed, you will need to get closer to the terminal and closer to the vehicle.
- When the vehicle is undeployed there should be no change in the enter vehicle interaction.
- Desynch fix for multiple situations. (This should improve a number of issues some of you have been reporting but poor accuracy is still in your hands)
- Fixed focus issues with the chat window after hitting escape.
- Fixed an issue where thermal optics for the Dual-75 Duster were not set up like other belly guns.
- The TR Honeycomb camo will now scale correctly.
- Updated the descriptions for Liberator belly weapons to be more accurate with recent changes.
- The unpurchasable magazine size certification should no longer appear for the Hyena Missile Launcher. (In this particular case, size didn’t matter)
- Camo will now apply correctly to the Bruiser Plating and Scrapper Vanguard attachments.
- Kills caused by explosions will no longer grant double experience. (This doesn’t mean you should stop doing it because come on…it’s entertaining right?)
- Equipping the Ammunition Package during a weapon reload will no longer skip the reload animation.
- Adjusted the Ammunition Package so that it it less likely to continuously shake when thrown on uneven terrain. (See? You thought you were just really nervous.)
- Fixed an issue where tank reverse turning speed would change when toggling the ‘Invert Reverse Steering for Tanks’ option. (We really can’t make this stuff up….)
PlanetSide 2, along with all the latest update, will hit the PlayStation 4 soon. Get more details here.