In anticipation of the game’s Early Access period set to begin later this year, Offworld Industries has released a new Starship Troopers: Extermination gameplay trailer showcasing its explosive combat and the infamous Arachnid (a.k.a “Bug”) enemies that have finally made their way from film to video games.
- Related Reading: Starship Troopers: Extermination Announced for Early Access in 2023, Features List Revealed
Watch the trailer below:
The game features cooperative gameplay with up to 12 players divided into squads of four, assembled out of Assault, Support, and Defense classes to take on the Bugs with a well-rounded assortment of abilities. The Bugs will actively attack players and can destroy structures and vehicles, driving players to fortify their defenses and make effective use of gameplay resources to have a fighting chance against the Arachnids’ invasion.
From the game’s Steam page:
- Cooperative Gameplay – 12 players can team up in squads of four to defend your base, complete objectives, gather resources, and try to kill every Bug in sight
- Three Playable Classes – Choose from Assault, Support, and Defense classes to best suit your playstyle and support the rest of your squad.
- Build Defenses – Construct walls, towers, ammo stations, and more using resources acquired from planetside refineries
- Class Progression System – Unlock new weapons, equipment, and perks for each class to become an elite warfighter of the Deep Space Vanguard
- 5 Unique Bug Types – At Early Access launch encounter Drone, Warrior, Gunner, Plasma Grenadier, and Tiger Elite enemy Bugs during planetside missions.
- Escalating Infestation Levels – Increasing Bug threat levels during missions bring bigger and more dangerous enemies to the fight
- Large-scale Battles – A massive map with five unique zones, and swarm-based combat with hundreds of enemy Bugs on screen delivers the sense of an overwhelming planetary war
- Ground War – Retake bases and refineries, destroy hives, and complete a variety of side objectives to wrest control of the map away from the Bug menace
- Ping System – Communication is key! The ‘Ping’ system gives players a quick and easy way to callout points of interest, objectives, incoming enemies, and more to teammates
Starship Troopers: Extermination will enter Early Access on Steam later in 2023, though a definite date for this has not yet been announced. Stay tuned here at MP1st for all news and announcements concerning the game and its development.