Yesterday, Nintendo held a press conference in Japan revealing a significant amount of Wii U details, including pricing, release dates and the official specs of the console itself.
For starters, the console will have two different types of launch packages: The first one being the “Basic“, which includes; A white Wii U, 8GB of space, Gamepad, Sensor Bar and a HDMI Cable. This will run for $299, while the “Deluxe” edition will run for $349 and will contain a Black Wii U, 32GB of space, Gamepad, Sensor Bar, HDMI Cable, Charging Stand, Console Stand and the Nintendo Land Game Disc. These editions will launch November 18th in America and the 30th in Europe.
For specs, we have:
- Players on the Wii will be able to import their WiiWare and VC titles to the Wii U.
- Two models: One 8GB of space, the other 32GB.
- 2 GB of memory, 1GB dedicated to the OS the other to games.
- Discs sizes are 25GB, which is equivalent to one layer Blu-ray disc (PS3). These discs will run at 22.5MB/sec.
- The system will use 75 watts of electricity, with averages of 40 in standby.
- The system is packed with a “GPGPU”
- There is support for full 1080P, expect nearly all launch titles to have it.
- You will be able to use the web browser while in-game.
- Wii titles, remotes, controls, are all capable with the Wii U.
Launch Titles Window
Nintendo plans on having 50 titles out by March of next year. The following titles listed below are some that will be available on launch and others that’ll be released some time in that window. Also, check out Nintendo’s Activision line-up trailer which features some brand new Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 gameplay!
- Funky Barn
- NBA 2K13
- 007 Legends
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- TRANSFORMERS PRIME
- Wipeout 3
- Skylanders Giants
- Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2013
- Rapala Pro Bass Fishing
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
- Disney Interactive Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
- Mass Effect 3
- Madden NFL 13
- FIFA Soccer 13
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut
- Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
- Zumba Fitness Core
- Jett Tailfin
- TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U Edition
- TANK! TANK! TANK!
- Nintendo Land
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge
- SiNG PARTY
- LEGO City: Undercover
- Wii Fit U
- Game & Wario
- Pikmin 3
- The Wonderful 101
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Nano Assault Neo
- WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper
- Darksiders II
- Wheel of Fortune
- Two Tribes Toki Tori 2
- Assassin’s Creed III
- Just Dance 4
- Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
- Rabbids Land
- Sports Connection
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
- Rayman Legends
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Game Party Champions
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
So what do you guys think of the pricing? Is it too high for what’s offered, or is it just right?