Heroes looking forward to more players to game with, rejoice! Blizzard has today announced that Overwatch crossplay is coming “soon,” and what’s more, players can expect a Golden Loot Box as long as they login sometime this year once crossplay is available.
- Related Reading: Gamer Creates Mod to Use Ring Fit on Overwatch Where Squatting & Jogging Controls the Game
Players interested will be required to register or login their Battle,net account in order to play Overwatch across all gaming devices (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch). There’s a video released today, as well as a quick FAQ to answer questions.
If you’re interested in Overwatch crossplay, take a look on how to create a Battle.net account, or linking it down below (via Overwatch).
Prepare Your Account
All console players will be required to make a Battle.net account and link it to their console (Xbox, PSN, Nintendo) account. PC players do not need to take this step – You already have a Battle.net account. Upon launching the game, you will be prompted to link your console account to a Battle.net account. Follow the steps below to create a Battle.net account, then link your console game account to your Battle.net account.
Creating a Battle.net Account
- Visit Battle.net
- Create a free Battle.net account
- Once you create your Battle.net account, go to your Account Settings
- Click on the “Connections” section under Account Settings and link your console
Linking Your Console Game and Battle.net Accounts
These instructions apply to the in-game steps console players will need to take once Cross-Play is available.
- Launch the game on your system
- Press the confirmation button to progress through the Overwatch welcome screen
- You will be presented with an alpha-numeric code and a QR code
- The alpha-numeric code can be entered at http://battle.net/pair
- The QR code may be scanned with a mobile app to take you to the linking webpage, which will be pre-populated with the code provided in-game
- Log in with your Battle.net account credentials to finalize the connection between your console game and Battle.net accounts
- You will receive a message in-game that notifies that your account is now successfully connected
- Exit and relaunch Overwatch
Hopefully, “soon” means sometime this summer. Once we know more about this, we’ll let our readers know.