Blizzard Entertainment has released a small update for Overwatch and it’s live now! The Overwatch update 2.94 July 23 patch brings bug fixes and gameplay-related changes. Read on below for the patch notes.
Overwatch update 2.94 July 23 patch notes:
- Audio volume and distance have been reduced for an enemy Echo’s passive hover sound
- Audio directionality improvements have been made for an enemy Echo’s hover and tri-shot weapon fire sounds
After the initial release for Echo, we made some audio-level changes to address concerns that Echo was too quiet in combat. Those changes increased the enemy Echo’s volume and also increased the distance at which the hero could be heard pertaining to her passive hover. After more feedback, we feel like those initial attempts to adjust Echo were too drastic. In this patch, re-adjustments were made to lower enemy Echo’s passive hover sound in volume slightly, and reign in the distance at which the sound is heard to have more consistency with other Hero footsteps in the Overwatch roster. Additional adjustments were made to both the enemy echo passive hover sound and tri-shot weapon fire sounds to help pinpoint directionality.
Overwatch update 2.94 July 23 BUG FIXES
- Fixed a bug that displayed player presence as being in the Arcade while playing a Competitive Open Queue match
- Fixed a bug with the end of match and end of season UI displaying incorrect values for your career high SR
- Fixed a bug in custom games that caused forward spawn rooms to be active for players on Deathmatch maps such as Temple of Anubis, Hanamura and Volskaya
- Fixed a bug that could cause continuous armor decay for heroes with inherent armor when receiving multiple Repair Pack charges
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could hit an enemy much faster than intended with Roll Damage
That’s it, basically. If you spot any changes not mentioned above, let us know down in the comments.