With the PC version of Paladins receiving the OB 56 patch last week, which introduced new skins such as Ash’s Ronin skin and more importantly implemented the new Ranked 2.0 system to the game.
The Paladins OB 56 title update should be out for both console versions around 7 a.m. ET.
- Added custom animations for weapon inspection for all Champions (RS click in or R3 click in)
- Custom game creation menu improvements
- Added new menu for 1st selecting game mode, then map
- Added Spectator Password option
- Added Restore to Default button in Options menu for Audio, Gameplay, Controls, Bindings, and Spectator
- Improved presentation at end of match for rewards
- Added Scope Sensitivity setting in Options menu to set the sensitivity of Kinessa’s scope
- Disabling reticle bloom now sets the reticle to the smallest size
General Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where Gold Team bonus was not applying properly
- Fixed an issue where user’s couldn’t purchase Boosters after purchasing a Champion
- Fixed an issue with Opt-In emails
- Fixed an issue where Drogoz Thrust description was incorrect
- Fixed issue with Jenos Stellar Wind in Spectate
- Fixed an issue where gamepad sensitivity was being modified inaccurately by FOV
New Feature: Ranked 2.0
Paladins Competitive has been built up from the BETA ranked test system into a tiered system in which players clash to climb the ranks from Bronze to Grandmaster and earn Ranked-exclusive rewards.
There are 7 Tiers in Ranked 2.0
Bronze through Diamond each have 5 Divisions within their Tiers. Playing Competitive now earns you Triumph Points (TP). Earning enough TP will promote you from your current division. Master is the highest division that can be reached this way and from there, the 100 players with the most TP are placed into the Grandmaster Division.
Before playing Ranked games a player must be level 15 and own at least 12 characters. There are no mastery level requirements for those characters.
New Players will have to play 15 qualifying games before they are placed within a division. Their placement will be based on performance in their qualifying games.
If you are placed in Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum you may now form up to a five-man party to play competitive games but only if all partied members are also in Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum.
Players in Diamond, Master, and Grandmaster may only duo-queue into Competitive games. Diamond players may duo-queue with players in Platinum, Diamond, Masters, or Grandmaster. Master and Grandmaster players may only duo queue with players in Diamond, Master, or Grandmaster.
Qualifying players may duo-queue with each other or players in Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum to other enter their Qualifiers.
Winning Competitive games now earns you TP. If you reach 100 TP you are promoted to a higher division and your TP is set back to 0. Excess points carry over into your new division. Exceptional performance may allow you to skip forward a few divisions when promoted.
Losing Competitive games will lower your TP. If you lose a Competitive game when at 0 TP you will be demoted to a lower division. You can not be demoted this way until you play at least 5 games within your division. Players are set to 70TP when demoted.
To give players more of a incentive to play Ranked, Hi-Rez is also rewarding players with in-game items such as skins, titles, exclusive weapons and more:
- Qualify for Ranked to receive a loading frame that displays your highest reached division in the current split.
- Qualify for Ranked to receive a Champion Skin Chest Roll.
- Play 25 Competitive games to receive a Weapon Chest Roll.
- Reach the Gold 5 Division to receive the Epic Drogoz Skin Set: Terrormorph.
- Win 100 Competitive games to receive the Epic Drogoz Weapon: Terrormorph’s Maw.
- Win 200 Competitive games to receive the “Forged in Battle” title.
- End the Season placed in Grandmaster or in the top 3 spots of any Champion Leaderboard to receive Crystals as a reward.
Aside from the inclusion of the new Ranked 2.0 system to Paladins, the OB 56 patch is set to also include some new skins to the game which include some Samurai-eqsue skins and more Mastery skins:
- Ash – Ronin
- Bomb King – Obsidian And Cosmic Mastery sets
- Drogoz – Terrormorph (Ranked Reward)
- Fernando – Obsidian and Cosmic Master sets
- Kinessa – Atomic
- Skye – Kunoichi
In addition to new skin sets being made available, a new loot chest will also be introduced to the game which will include bone themed weapons for Lex, Seris and Zhin.
For those playing Paladins on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms, are you looking forward to the new changes in ranked?