Being an avid Paladins player on the console myself, I honestly couldn’t remember the last time when the free-to-play hero-shooter received an update. Thankfully, as of today, the long drought of no updates for said game is over.
Both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms receive the OB64 patch and OB 65 patch simultaneously.
For a quick rundown of what the patch contains, feel free to read on below:
OB 64 Patch
- Cards Unbound: A giant change to Paladins’ card system, where every card is now ‘free’ and can be leveled up to rank 10. Though, it should be noted this feature is only available in select games modes.
- Bound Playlist: A playlist that lets you relive the old card system to an extent.
- New Vip Tiers: In appreciation to those who play Paladins frequently, or just simply accumulated a lot of Vip points since it’s inception will now get better rewards. Such as free radiant chest, skins, discounts in the Vip store and more. The higher tier of Vip you gained, the bigger these discounts and rewards will be
- Daily Quests – All known Daily Quest bugs have been fixed
- Fixed an issue with Audio levels for Inara and Bomb King
- Fixed an issue with Auto Item Purchase with Vivian
- Fixed a visual issue with Vivian’s Sentinels
- Fixed an issue with Grover’s Blossom not healing multiple Allies
OB 65 Patch
- New Champion: Moji and friends
- New Game Mode: Team Deathmatch
- New Map: Trade District
- New Mount and Twitch Prime loot: King Bomb King and Primal Crawler Battle Cat
- Fixed a condition where some players Daily Quest would no longer progress
- Fixed some players getting two of the same Daily Quests
- Fixed an audio issue with Shatterfall
- Fixed an unintended side effect of healing when dying
- Fixed a visual issue with Immovable Object values not match the description
- Fixed Social menu not updating in real time (i.e. party and friend invites)
- Time to open another Chest has been reduced.
Those who want to read all the details for this patch, can do so by following this link.
Aside from new patches going live today, the console player base for Paladins has something else to look forward to in the near future. According to the console community specialist for Paladins, HiRezJuJu, the developer has brought someone else in to help make the aim assist on some of the more difficult champions, like Ma’damba, a bit smoother.
In recent Paladins news, Hi-Rez Studio recently announced Paladins: Battleground, a battle royale game mode that’s set to be released sometime before April. You can catch footage of this upcoming game mode here.