Update: Sony announced the maintenance on the US forums, and if you have logged into the PSN in the last five days, then you’ll be able to go online during the maintenance.
“During this maintenance period, you may receive a message that states ‘PlayStation Network is undergoing maintenance’ when attempting to access the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Home. As long as you have signed in to PSN within 5 days prior to the start of maintenance (meaning: any time since July 21st), you WILL be able to play games online and enjoy apps such as Netflix, HULU Plus and Music Unlimited during this maintenance period. So if you haven’t signed in to PSN in the last few days, we suggest you do so before the maintenance period begins Thursday morning,” reads the statement.
Original Story: The PlayStation Network is scheduled to undergo maintenance from 4pm on Thursday, July 26th until 8am on Friday, July 27th, BST.
On the European PS Blog, Sony announced that the following services will not be accessible during the maintenance:
- PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP and PS Vita.
- PlayStation Network Account Management.
- PlayStation Network Account Registration.
In order to play online during the maintenance, “you may be able to do so if you sign in to PSN before the start of the maintenance window.”
- EDT: 11am Thursday, July 26th – 3am Friday, July 27th
- PDT: 8am Thursday, July 26th – 12am Friday, July 27th
- UTC: 3pm Thursday, July 26th – 7am Friday, July 27th
- JST: 12am Friday, July 27th – 4pm Friday, July 27th
- Sydney: 1am Friday, July 27th – 5pm Friday, July 27th
It’s still unclear if this will affect all territories or just the European PSN, we will update as soon as we hear more.