As the game celebrates its 5th Year Anniversary, PUBG Corp. has now revealed the PUBG 2022 roadmap and dev plan, unveiling to players what’s to come for the title this year. Check out the rundown on the dev plan below, as well as the updated roadmap infographic for new content to come in PUBG.
First up is the 2022 roadmap for PUBG:
The developers also explained the meat of the roadmap, letting players know their dev plan for 2022:
Quarter 2 (April – June)
- Sanhok will come back in its original form
- Sanhok is our oldest small map and is still enjoyed by many players
- Due to its age, it has seen a number of added features and a major revamp
- Some players like the revamped version but most players want the original Sanhok back
- We’ve given lots of thought to the long-standing requests and made the decision to revert the map
- The reverted version is in the last stage of stabilization and will be revealed in the near future
- With the rollback, many of the added features will be removed but we are deliberating on how we’ll move forward with Sanhok’s original form
New Weapon: 7.62mm Assault Rifle (AR)
- For weapon variety, we are developing a new 7.62mm weapon
- 7.62mm weapons have high DPS but are more difficult to control
- The new 7.62mm weapon in development has a comparably lower DPS but is easier to control, positioned between the Beryl (high damage, difficult to control) and AKM (low damage, easier to control)
Training Mode Improvement
- Since the beginning of this year, we’ve been working to improve Training Mode
- In the current Training Mode, players can train their skills with weapons and vehicles.
- With Free-to-Play, more practical training programs are required.
- Players will be able to practice PvP combat there
- Adding Aim/Sound Training Room in the last update was part of the effort
- 1vs1 training ground will be added where players can fight one-on-one
as if they are on the real Battlegrounds
- QoL updates are also in the pipeline:
- Fast travel within the training grounds
- Custom match training mode that allows players to train with friends
Paramo World Sub-update
- There are some overly advantageous areas in the world, which will be adjusted for balance
- We constantly improve terrain balance of the Battlegrounds by making adjustments
- We want to make sure there is distinct gameplay on each map
- The Paramo sub-update is scheduled for Q2.
- Sub-updates for existing maps such as Miramar and Taego will follow as well.
- PUBG has inconvenient elements by nature as a realistic Battle Royale rule, such as being unable to use heal and boost items in a vehicle’s driver seat or having to guess the perfect timing of a cooked grenade.
- Therefore, we want to find places we can reduce inconvenience without affecting core gameplay through systems such as the UI by providing the info players had to learn from experience.
Quarter 3 (July – September)
New Map: Kiki
- Airboat: A vehicle that specializes in land and sea traversal. Its amazing utility is balanced out by less than ideal cover for passengers.
- Ascenders: While at special areas on the map, players can use the Ascender to quicky ascend or descend great distances.
- Additional Features: After releasing Kiki, we will continue to add content exclusive to the map such as new weapons and vehicles
Weapon Mastery Overhaul
- Increasing Weapon Mastery max level to challenge players
- Having players show off their achievements through Weapon Nameplates and additional rewards once players reach a certain Mastery level
- Considering various ways to provide more meaningful stats/records to make progressing a more rewarding experience
- Refer to the previous “Weapon Mastery Overhaul” announcement for more info.
- As stated there, we welcome your feedback and ideas on this system! Please let us know what you’d like to see from the Mastery system.
Quarter 4 (October – December)
Vikendi – Reborn
Arcade Mode Overhaul
- No new mode has been added to Arcade Mode since TDM
- Developing content simultaneously and running LABS to test modes and features have taken our attention away from Arcade mode
- In the second half of the year, we plan to overhaul Arcade Mode to add more game types and a new reward system for players who enjoy playing Arcade.
That’s what’s coming to PUBG this year, as revealed in the 2022 roadmap. In case you missed it, check out the details on the 5th Year Anniversary events for PUBG here.
Source: PUBG Battlegrounds