Just a few days ago, we reported that the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds version of TDM (team deathmatch) called “War” is already live for custom games. Given how only a handful of PUBG players can create custom games (Twitch streamers, YouTubers, dev team members, etc.), some might be wondering when we’ll see the PUBG deatmatch mode be open to everyone.
While PUBG Corporation hasn’t mentioned an exact date, the studio announced that it’s looking to bring War mode to live servers as a special Event Mode, though it’s working to make custom games “more widely” in the coming months.
Here’s the full forum post from PUBG Community Coordinator PUBG_RoboDanjal:
We’re working on a new experiment with War Mode on custom servers. It’s currently in a very early stages of development, so if you’re able to access custom games, we’re eager to have you play and let us know what you think! We’re looking into bringing War Mode to live servers as an Event Mode (but it’ll likely see changes between now and then).
Custom games and servers are still limited for now, but we intend to release them more widely at some point in the coming months. We’ll let you know when it’s ready.
As always, thanks for playing! Find more details on War Mode below:
War Mode is a death match type game mode that allows respawning. As soon as you jump into the game, the safe area (White Zone) will immediately be set; if you die you will be respawned at certain time intervals.
- The goal is to obtain 80 points and the default is a 4 player squad
- The match ends if an individual or a team gets to the target score first or if time runs out. BP rewards will be given out when the match ends
- Ranking will be determined based on scores earned
- DBNO: + 1 point
- Revive: + 1 point
- Team Kill or Team DBNO: -5 point
- Kill: + 3 points
- Respawn method: player reenters the match area via respawn airplane
- Default respawn interval: 60 seconds
- Main weapon setting for default respawn: SMG provided as main weapon for close quarter battles
- Care Package
- The care package aircraft will fly over every 60 seconds. The composition of the air drop is the same as in the regular game.
- Safe Zone
- By default, the safe zone is static. This (and many other settings) can be tweaked in custom games.
Is this the right move for PUBG to combat the copycats and the juggernaut that is Fortnite? You tell us. Have you played War Mode yet? What do you make of it?
Source: PUBG forums via PCGamer