Redfall, Bethesda and Arkane Studios’ upcoming vampire-themed shooter, will require users to connect to the Internet if they want to play solo. Redfall’s single-player mode will require “a persistent Internet connection” in order for you to play.
- More MP1st Reading: Amnesia: The Bunker Delayed, New Release Date Now March 16, 2023
This news may come as a disappointment for some players, as requiring an Internet connection means that players won’t be able to enjoy the game’s story at all times, especially for those who prefer on-the-go gaming via a gaming laptop. The connection has to be persistent, too, so no funny business with connecting and disconnecting, either.
This bit of information was revealed on Redfall’s official FAQ page, which also reveals a few other things. Here’s the full list of FAQs below:
What is the release date for Redfall?
Redfall will launch May 2, 2023
What is the difference between the Standard Edition, Bite Back Edition and Bite Back Upgrade?
The Standard Edition is the base game. The Bite Back Edition includes the base game, Redfall Hero Pass, Throwback Outfit Pack, Laser Beam Multi-Weapon Skin and Tactical Knife Stake Weapon Attachment. The Bite Back Upgrade includes the Redfall Hero Pass, Throwback Outfit Pack, Laser Beam Multi-Weapon Skin and Tactical Knife Stake Weapon Attachment. The Bite Back Upgrade does not include the base game.
What is the Vampire Hunter Pack?
The Vampire Hunter Pack is Redfall’s pre-order or Game Pass bonus. This includes a Level 2 Unrivaled Grim Tide Shotgun, which grants 20% increased damage with this weapon for eight seconds after killing an enemy. The pack also includes the Polar Vortex multi-weapon skin and Blood Ravager stake weapon attachment.
How do I get the Vampire Hunter Pack?
To get the Vampire Hunter Pack, pre-order any edition of the game (digitally or through a participating retailer) or play on Game Pass.
What is the Throwback Outfit Pack?
“The Throwback Outfit Pack includes a unique outfit and backpack for each of the four base heroes inspired by their lives before Redfall.
• Northern Expedition Devinder: This is the outfit that Devinder wore in the Himalayas while he was hunting for Yetis. While he could never quite spot the elusive creature, he did experience adventures beyond his vivid imagination.
• Eyes in the Dark Jacob: Jacob’s time in Special Ops prior to Bellwether was a dark era after the loss of his partner, but it served to hone abilities that would serve him for years to come.
• War Clothes Layla: As a college student and an activist, Layla launched herself to the frontlines to push for positive change in the world around her.
• Engineer Volunteer Remi: When disaster strikes, Remi volunteers with local search and rescue organizations to put her abilities and technology to use where they’re needed most.”
What is the Redfall Hero Pass?
The Redfall Hero Pass gives you access to two future heroes when they are released, both with new skills and unique gameplay.
How do I get the Redfall Hero Pass?
The Redfall Hero Pass is included as part of the Bite Back Edition. If you’re playing the base game through Game Pass, you can purchase the Bite Back Upgrade and get the Hero Pass that way.
What platforms will the game release on?
Redfall will release on Xbox Series X|S and PC. It will also be available with Game Pass on Xbox Series X|S, PC and cloud.
Will playing Redfall require an online connection for single player as well as co-op?
A persistent online connection is required for single player and co-op.
Will playing Redfall require a Bethesda.net account?
A Bethesda.net account is required.
Will playing Redfall require account linking (to your Steam/Xbox User ID)?
Will playing Redfall require an Xbox Gold subscription?
Xbox Gold is only required to play co-op.
Will Redfall be available on Game Pass?
Redfall Standard Edition will be available Day One on Game Pass.
The game was recently featured in Xbox’s Developer Direct show, which revealed its May 2 launch date, among other things. The May launch date was actually leaked last year.
Redfall is set to launch on May 2 on Xbox Series X|S and PC, with Day One availability via the Game Pass.