The studio behind the popular MMORPG DC Universe Online game may soon be focusing on another popular comic IP, as it has been revealed that they are developing an unannounced Marvel MMO.
The news comes (spotted by Twitter user Miller) from EG7’s (EnaD Global 7) recent investor presentation where they outlined some of their future goals, one of which included the reveal of a new Marvel IP.
The details are as followed:
- Marvel IP based massively multiplayer online game
- Being developed by Dimensional Ink Studios in Austin, TX
- Led by Jack Emmert, who designed and helmed City of Heroes, and currently leads DCUO
No further details were revealed, though judging from the above timeline it’s probably safe to assume we won’t be seeing this MMO until at least after 2022. Should there be any more news around the new Marvel MMO, we will be sure to keep you all updated.
In related news, Dimensional Ink Studios is currently celebrating DCUO’s 10-year anniversary with an onslaught of new content and events dropping throughout this year. Players can look forward to the release of Episode 42: Legion of Doom next month, with details below:
The Source Wall is broken. The Batman Who Laughs is imprisoned, but for how long? Lex Luthor has reappeared, leading the Multiverse’s most dangerous Super Villains – The Legion of Doom – in service to their cruel benefactor, Perpetua!
Perpetua, freed when the Source Wall was damaged, has returned with the power to destroy or recreate the Multiverse however she desires.
Hope is not lost. The Monitor has foreseen this threat, and the Multiverse’s greatest heroes and villains have already been training night and day in his House of Legends. What was imprisoned once can be imprisoned again…right?
In LEGION OF DOOM, it will be up to you to face this impossible challenge – to stop Perpetua, face down the Legion of Doom, and save the Multiverse – or vanish forever from existence!
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LEGION OF DOOM:
- LEGION OF DOOM will offer normal and elite versions of all On Duty content, along with level-agnostic event versions available for a limited time.
- The content will include open world missions in addition to a duo, an alert, and a large raid.
- The episode will feature characters from the Legion of Doom, including Ultraviolet Sinestro, Cheetah, Giganta, and more.
- The storyline will include adventures set across the Multiverse, including in an all-new open world Washington, D.C., centered on the Hall of Justice.
- The episode will launch new player rewards, including gear, styles, base items, an ally, and feats.
Episode 42: Legion of Doom will arrive this December on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.