With just one week to go until release, the Returnal preload is now live!
For those who preordered Returnal on the PS5, you’ll be glad to know that the official preload is now available to download! According the the PlayStation download, Returnal PS5 File Size is 56GB, which is a fairly large game.
After crash-landing on this shape-shifting world, Selene must search through the barren landscape of an ancient civilization for her escape. Isolated and alone, she finds herself fighting tooth and nail for survival. Again and again, she’s defeated – forced to restart her journey every time she dies.
Through relentless roguelike gameplay, you’ll discover that just as the planet changes with every cycle, so do the items at your disposal. Every loop offers new combinations, forcing you to push your boundaries and approach combat with a different strategy each time.
Brought to life by stunning visual effects, the dark beauty of the decaying world around you is packed with explosive surprises. From high stakes, bullet hell-fuelled combat, to visceral twists and turns through stark and contrasting environments. You’ll explore, discover and fight your way through an unforgiving journey, where mystery stalks your every move.
Designed for extreme replayability, the procedural world of Returnal invites you to dust yourself off in the face of defeat and take on new, evolving challenges with every rebirth.
Returnal PS5 features
- Fast loading: Jump through portals between worlds with the PS5™ system’s ultra-high speed SSD. Get back into the action with near-instant load speeds that won’t leave you waiting to restart after you die.
- Adaptive triggers: Switch instinctively between firing modes by using a single adaptive trigger – go straight from aiming down sights to your gun’s alternative fire.
- Haptic feedback: Sense in-game actions big and small – while exploring fragments of Selene’s memories, or when firing visceral alien weapons.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Hear the action from every direction in 3D Audio – bullets flying past you, enemies circling overhead, or unseen foes creeping up behind you.
- 4K@60FPS with Ray Tracing
Returnal will be available April 30, exclusively for the PS5.