Hopoo Games has announced today the Risk of Rain 2 out of Early Access date, and it’s August 11! Yes, that means that the action game will be out of Steam’s Early Access stage and will officially be “finished.” Alongside the Risk of Rain 2 Early Access departure, there’s new content coming alongside it.
Risk of Rain 2 Out of Early Access content:
- New Survivor, The Captain: Brought to life through 60,000 community votes in April, The Captain joins the crew as the tenth playable character. The Captain controls the battlefield with utility and damage – with help from the Survivors’ orbiting dropship, the UES Safe Travels. He wields a shotgun-rifle combo that narrows the spread as it charges and can stun targets. The Captain can also leverage his high-ranking authority to request probes and beacons from orbit to either provide armor or a healing zone for him and his allies.
- New Stage, Monsters and Hidden Boss: A new stage brings your escape run to its natural conclusion: The Moon! Can you survive new lunar monsters and face off against the Final Boss?
- Server Browser: The new Server Browser improves the matchmaking experience. Join or create your own dedicated servers with options such as difficulty, rule voting, password protection and more.
- New Items: Add a chance to fire magma balls on-hit with Molten Perforator, or drain your opponent’s life bars into yours with Super Massive Leech – just two of the latest additions in the game’s arsenal of more than 110 items.
- New Skill Variants and Lore Entries: Complete challenges in game to unlock even more skill variants for Survivors, adding even more strategic potential for Survivors and team composition.
Risk of Rain 2 will be available for download for $24.99, and those who purchase it now before it leaves Early Access can get it for just $19.99.
For more on the game and the content updates, make sure to bookmark our Risk of Rain 2 game hub.