Double Eleven has released Rust update 1.54, and this brings in the game’s Haunted Hunt Halloween event! There are new items in store, as well as gameplay fixes too. Read on for the full Rust October 20 patch notes.
Rust Update 1.54 Patch Notes | Rust October 20 Patch Notes:
Schedule: Oct. 20 to November 3, 2022
- Haunted Hunt event: Once every 1-2 hours, a candy hunt event will begin.You’ll have 3 minutes to collect as many candies as you can. The top 5 players are given special loot bags as a reward.
- These candies and loot bags can be opened for various types of loot ranging from scrap all the way up to an M249!
- If you don’t make the podium, that’s okay. The Candies you collect can be upgraded for better loot.
- There are various items available to help you during your hunt. The Pumpkin Bucket will allow instant pickup of candies!
- Halloween Weapons: Sickle, Butcher Knife, Pitchfork. These weapons can be found in loot bags or crafted during the Halloween event.
- Halloween Apparel: Mummy Suit, Scarecrow Suit, Crate Costume, Barrel Costume.
- Halloween Items: Spider Webs, Coffins, Graveyard Fences and Gravestones can be found in loot bags or crafted during the Halloween event.
Other Spooky facts:
- Pumpkin Buckets are very useful for collecting candy.
- Spider Webs can be used on ceilings and walls.
Coffin can store items, and they have a generous amount of slots.
- Graveyard Fences mark your territory.
- Use Gravestone and Wooden Cross to pay respects to those who didn’t survive.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when joining various map seeds.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Quick Crafting menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to show interaction menus.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when firing a gun.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to select or use an item.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a turrets inventory.
- Adjusted junkpile scientist and heavy scientist AI to further match PC.
- Fixed an issue with junkpile scientists spawning at junkpiles 100% of the time on specific junkpiles, this is now correctly at 10%.
- Fixed Junkpiles so that they no longer despawn if their scientist is alive.
- Fixed an issue with scientists chasing the player for longer than 5 seconds.
- Fixed an issue with AI not forgetting dead players.
- Fixed footstep sounds not being played whilst wearing Frog Boots.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to clip into foundations with chairs.
- Fixed an issue with small stashes being visible under the terrain if playing on the very low terrain quality setting.
- Fixed the volume of Cargoship’s horn so that it can be heard more clearly across the map.
- Fixed an issue which caused a player to become hostile after being attacked by another player in a safezone.
- Fixed an issue which caused chairs at Launch Site to become impossible to dismount.
- Replaced extra mountable chairs which are not intended to be mountable with normal chairs at the Launch Site.
- Fixed an instant death spot at the Water Treatment Plant rock arch, an Airfield ladder, and the Outpost.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the player from removing low grade fuel from the Tuna Can Lamp, Miners Hat, Ceiling Light, Candle Hat and Lantern.
- Various potential fixes for being unable to create a team.
- Fixed various skin preview zooming issues with the Bone Club and Bone Knife.
KNOWN MAJOR ISSUES (We are working on them)
- Double Sound issue.
- Sound crash when on boats or big gun fights.
- Invalid shots.