Here are the links for the US and EU versions of the theme!
With the holidays right around the corner, it seems everyone is in a giving mood, and that includes Sony! In a press release, Sony has announced that a The Last of Us 2 PS4 theme is being given away for free right now on the Asia PlayStation Store!
If you’re wondering if you can download it and apply it to your “main” account (any region), yes you can and we’ll teach you how!
Called the “The Last of Us Part II Burning Car” theme, it’s a dynamic one that shows a burning car (duh!) complete with sound effects! Here’s what it looks like:
Create a warm and inviting post-pandemic atmosphere with this new dynamic PS4™ system theme, featuring the burning car scene from the Paris Games Week 2017 trailer for The Last of Us™ Part II. It’s the perfect theme for the winter months and beyond,
PS4 owners can download it here, and it’s just 24MB. So how do create a PlayStation Store Asia account? We list it down step-by-step below:
Creating a Different Region PSN Account
What you’ll need before you begin: a real email address you already aren’t using with a PSN account and a valid address in the particular region. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will use Region 3.
1) Log out of your main account on your PS4.
2) Click “New User” from the following screen after logging out.
3) Click “Create a user” and agree to the Terms of Service.
4) Click “New to PSN? Create an account” at the bottom of the screen.
5) Click “Sign up now”
6) Choose country in your preferred region, and it’s easier if they use English primarily (most do so don’t worry).
7) Select language from the drop-down list available (Hong Kong/Singapore/Malaysia allows English).
8) Fill in your date of birth.
9) Fill in the requested city and zip code information. Here’s some sample addresses you can use ASAP:
Region 03 (Malaysia)
Address 1 – Jalan Subang 1,
City – Subang Jaya,
Postal Code – 47600
Country – Malaysia
Region 03 (Singapore)
Address 1 – 8 Sentosa Gateway,
City – Sentosa
Postal Code – 098269
10) Fill in a real email address and create a new password. Before you can redeem codes or make purchases in the PSN Store, you will have to verify the email address from your email account.
11) Create a brand new PSN ID and a name.
12) Accept the Terms of Service.
13) Verify your email.
Voila! You’re done! Initiate the download, go back to your “main” PS4 account, and apply the theme! That’s it.
As an added bonus, you can also use that account to snatch up any demos, or other stuff from the Asia PlayStation Store if you so wish.
If and when Sony US or EU gives it out, we’ll be sure to update the post to include the download links for that too.