Nintendo has released Splatoon 3 update 4.0.2 on the Nintendo Switch this June 12 (June 13 for those outside the US), and this brings a host of fixes related to multiplayer the Salmon Run and more. Read on for the complete Splatoon version 4.0.2 patch notes.
Splatoon Update 4.0.2 Patch Notes for June 12 (June 13 Outside the US):
Ver. 4.0.2 (Releasing June 13, 2023)
Fixes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where the game would run slower than expected during battles compared to Ver. 3.1.1 or earlier.
- Took measures to fix an issue in Clam Blitz mode where, if a player passed a clam or power clam to an ally standing in front of the goal, that clam or power clam would remain in the ally’s possession even if it was counted as going into the goal.
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz mode that sometimes caused a clam to not travel according to the predicted trajectory line shown by pressing the button to throw it.
- Fixed an issue in Anarchy Battle (Open) that always caused a communication error to occur when joining a group with friends, depending on the status of the group’s members.
Fixes to Salmon Run
- Fixed an issue where the game would run slower than expected during shifts compared to Ver. 3.1.1 or earlier.
- Fixed an issue where the game would run slower than expected in Splatsville compared to Ver. 3.1.1 or earlier.
Once a new patch is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.