If you’ve been following Star Citizen closely (or even from a distance) over the last few months, there’s no doubt you’ll be aware of the controversies surrounding “Macro” transactions.
Players have been able to purchase ships in order to support the game since the kickstarter began in 2014 – with some of the more expensive items clocking in at thousands of dollars.
With the latest update to the PTU (Public Test Universe) it is now possible to purchase ships directly through in-game stores, with currency earned in the game.
- Activated Teach’s Ship Shop functionality.You can purchase a ship via interacting with ships on the shop floor (similar to store displays). Ships on the shop floor can be opened, explored, but not flown. Players have been given additional funds to test this feature.
You can find the full patch notes for the PTU 3.3.0t update below
- Starfarer derelicts currently lack lighting.
- Mission givers may not be functioning correctly.
- Inviting someone to party via the mG causes a client crash. W/A: Invite via interaction mode.
- Ships rented from the front-end do not show up in ship selection list.
- Ships are able to quantum travel to locations they do not have enough fuel to reach.
- Activated Teach’s Ship Shop functionality.
- Enabled FOIP hotkeys “7” for lookback camera and “8” for quick calibrate.
- Added shop inventories to the rest stop.
- Updated UI for destroy mission.
- Updated the landing flight tunings for the Valkyrie.
- Fixed an issue where scramble race starting areas and patrol missions could end up overlapping.
- Fixed comms remaining open at the the end of a mission.
- NPCs should now be correctly moving about Port Olisar and GrimHex.
- Delamar rocks should no longer disappear as the player approaches.
- Battaglia missions should now work correctly.
- Missiles should no longer stick in place and cause the ship to shake after launch.
- The Sabre’s engine trails should no longer be off-center.
- The Freelancer’s engine glow should now show at idle.
- The Sabre’s engine glow should now vary properly with thrust values.
- Emotes should no longer work from the pilot seat.
- Ship audio should no longer say “missiles dry” when the player still has missiles left.
- Fixed an issue with derelict based missions where the wrong ship would spawn and disable the mission.
- Admins should now be standing at their desks at outposts.
- Fixed Valkyrie bed logout interactions being at an odd angle.
- The doors on the Hammerhead should now be working properly.
- Fixed 4 client crashes.
Sources: Robert Space Industries