ConcernedApe, makers of sim RPG Stardew Valley, has released the Stardew Valley update 1.54 February 11 patch, or what the studio calls patch 1.5! This patch is out on consoles (PS4, Xbox One and Switch), as well as PC.
Stardew Valley Update 1.54 February 11 (Patch 1.5) Patch Notes:
- What changed in 1.5?
Stardew Valley 1.5 adds split-screen multiplayer and lots of new content. For more info (including on console), see…
- Why don’t I see the update yet?
The update is still being rolled out on console, so it may take a few hours until it’s available to everyone.
You can force an update check like this:
- PC: restart Steam or GOG Galaxy.
- PS4: ?
- Switch: highlight the game, press
Software Updateand then
Via the Internet.
- Xbox: ?
- Do I need a new save?
Nope, older saves will update automatically and all new content is available without starting a new save, with some small exceptions:
- If you want to use the new Beach Farm it’s easier to start a new save. (On PC you can migrate an older save with save editing and temporary mods.)
- When creating a new save, you can now set advanced options like randomized community center bundles. You can’t enable these for an existing save without modding or save editing.
- How does splitscreen co-op work?
Split-screen multiplayer is a new feature in 1.5 which lets multiple people to play together on one device. You can have up to four players total (including both split-screen and remote players).
Setting up a save for splitscreen is the same as online multiplayer. You’ll need an empty cabin for someone else to join. See the wiki’s multiplayer page for the basic info if you need help.
Here’s how to enable split-screen mode:
- Connect controllers to your computer/console for the extra players.
- Open the save you want to play on.
- Open the in-game menu and choose the
- Scroll down to the Multiplayer section and choose
Start Local Co-op.
- Press start on the connected controller.
- When will 1.5 release on mobile?
There’s no announced release date for mobile yet, but they’re working on it.
- Was there a change to the Stone Owl and Strange Capsule?
Yes, in 1.5 the odds of these items appearing on the farm is much more likely. You can learn more about them on the wiki, see the Stone Owl and Strange Capsule pages there. According to CA, the prior odds for these two items appearing was a bug.
For the full spoiler-filled changelog, head on over here.
If you want MP1st to post the full notes including spoilers, let us know down in the comments below.