Always wanted to try the latest version of Capcom’s Street Fighter but never had the chance? Well, now you do! Capcom has announced that Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be free-to-play for a limited time next week! Starting from December 11 and lasting until December 19, Street Fighter V will have a free trial on PS4 and Steam!
PlayStation Plus isn’t required to download and play SFV on PS4, but you’ll need an active membership to jump online. Here’s the rest of the important details.
16 Characters – All 16 original characters are included in this free trial, including the legendary Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken, and M. Bison! This is also your chance to try out characters who are new to Street Fighter V like the electrifying Laura, nimble Rashid, and tricky F.A.N.G. As a bonus, three fan-favorite DLC characters will be available for free during this trial: Guile, Akuma, and Sagat! These three characters are only available in Ranked, Casual, Battle Lounge, Training, and Challenges.
Arcade – Introduced in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, this mode allows you to relive the past main entries in the series. If you’re able to defeat all the computer-controlled opponents, you’ll receive one of over 200 unique illustrations.
Versus – Play against another local player or against the computer with different difficulties.
Challenges – Learn how to use each character in Demonstrations and Trials or see how long you can fight in Survival Mode.
Training – Practice against a dummy AI as you test out set-ups, combos, and get used to a character without the pressure of a real match.
If you have friends or family who have always wanted to try Street Fighter V, spread the word! This is their chance to see what the hype around Capcom Cup is all about.
Sponsored Content will be introduced into Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on December 11. Sponsored content will be displayed in several locations in-game to remind you about costumes, bundles, and the Capcom Pro Tour. When Sponsored Content is enabled, players can obtain additional Fight Money in Ranked and Casual Matches – these bonuses come with an upper limit. Here are the places where you will see Sponsored Content:
- Costumes: Ad Style – Every character will have an Ad Style costume where the sponsored content will appear somewhere on their clothing or model
- Loading Ads – A sponsor will appear in the versus screen before a battle – this will not affect loading screen times
- Stage Ads – Some tournament stages feature a sponsor like the Ring of Power
If you’d rather not see Sponsored Content, you can easily turn this feature off by going into Battle Settings, which will give you the following options:
- Sponsored Content Settings – Here, you can adjust the sponsored content settings. Turn sponsored content on to receive bonus Fight Money in Ranked and Casual Matches.
- Sponsor Display – Turning the setting on allows you to access sponsored content such as Ad Style costumes.
- Loading & Stage Ads – Selecting “on” gives you access to Stage and Loading Ads.
Not bad, no? Get your game face on, and practice your combos!