It’s been a while since we last talked about the PS3 exclusive, The Last of Us, but finally we are getting some news (very small details) about the multiplayer.
During the VGA’s, Sony and Naughty Dog premiered an all new Single Player trailer, which, to say the least, is absolutely amazing.
Finally, we get our release date, which is on May 7th of 2013. With a release date now set, Naughty Dog has finally announced some of the pre-order bonuses you get from the game. The first is the Sights and Sounds Pack, which will be available at participating retails. This pack offers the following:
- The official soundtrack of the game
- A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
- Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie
- Bonus experience points for multiplayer
- A multiplayer melee attack booster
- Some extra starting in-game cash
- Special customizable character items for multiplayer
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
Though that isn’t much about the multiplayer, Naughty Dog did say that they will talk about it more in the months before the game launches.
We’re not quite ready to talk about it yet, but stay tuned as we’ll be revealing more details on multiplayer before The Last of Us is released on May 7th, 2013.
So what kind of multiplayer are you hoping for? Something along the line of Uncharted? Maybe more survival base?