While Mortal Kombat 11 is getting a patch to fix the game’s grind-y progression, it seems there’s more to this than meets the eye. If you’ve played Mortal Kombat 11, then chances are you might have noticed how the game has all sorts of different currencies that can be used for various things.
By our count, there are seven kinds of Mortal Kombat 11 currencies, which we’ve listed below.
- Koins – main currency that’s used to unlock chests in the Krypt
- Soul Fragments – Used to unlock exclusive towers in Towers of Time or to use the special abilities that you may come across during the Krypt.
- Gear Level Up Token – Allows you to level up your gear much quicker for you can augment your items with special attributes.
- Skip Fight Tokens – Allows you to skip any difficult fight that you may come across during Tower of Time or Klassic Towers
- Time Krystals – Used to unlock items in the premium store such as cosmetics and other tokens.
- Easy Fatality Tokens – Let’s you perform a fatality with one button
- Hearts – Used to open up special chests and to forge items in the Krypt
To be fair, each currency (or kurrency?) is used for something specific, though one can argue that all these could somehow be tied into just one with different amounts and whatnot.
Another thing that the community seems to have an issue with is how Mortal Kombat 11 does have loot boxes. Those keeping tabs on the game, you might remember NetherRealm confirming that there’s no loot boxes in Mortal Kombat 11. Don’t remember them saying it? Here’s a video to refresh your memory.
Will Warner Bros. or NetherRealm rein in the Mortal Kombat 11 currencies? We can’t say for now. For those playing it, are you bothered by the different kinds of currencies and the loot boxes in the game? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Stay tuned to our Mortal Kombat 11 review hitting the site soon.
2 thoughts on “There Are 7 Kinds of Mortal Kombat 11 Currencies, Loot Boxes Are in the Game Contrary to Earlier Statement”
I just performed the “Not buying this micro-transaction bullshit of a game, canceled my pre-order” FATALITY!! FUCK WB & NETHERREALM. FUCK YOU GREEDY BITCHES!!
the “Loot Boxes” cost nothing as they are in the Krypt and don’t cost IRL money. You’ll get them by just playing the game like you’re supposed to. Them being randomized, i guess makes them loot boxes but I have no idea how the company is being “Greedy”. If you’re talking about the time crystals you get those too…..soooo what the fuck are they being greedy with?
If you want a skin or fatality then just go and open shit in the krypt. It’s been all of a week now and i pretty much have the all the stuff i could want for the characters i want to use.
IDK i personally don’t see the problem with the chest being randomized. After i get the stuff I want i’ll still be getting currency and will eventually get everything else (Because what am i going to spend it on at that point?). people really need to calm down
Comments are closed.