Developer Norsfell and Gearbox Publishing have finally announced the Tribes of Midgard Season 2 release date. Subtitled Serpent Saga, this hefty new season will add tons of new content to the game, including a new Season Track, Saga Boss, Open Seas biome, weapons and armor,
40 more Runes, Boats, Swimming, and various quality-of-life improvements alongside a festive three-week Yuliday event. (Correction: there will be five new Runes in Season 2, bringing the game’s total to 40).
In addition to the release date of Tribes of Midgard Season 2 on December 14, Norsfell also announced that the game will also be releasing on PC via the Epic Games Store during the same date. Below is a rundown of the new content coming to Tribes of Midgard Season 2:
Season 2: Serpent Saga Key Features:
- A New Saga Boss – Just like the fearsome Fenrir from Season 1, you will now have another mysterious but powerful beast of myth to tackle before Fimbulwinter. Take to the seas to find and unlock its Lair, and defeat the beast to stop Ragnarök.
- Shipyard – Your Shipyard, located right outside your village on an Ash Beach biome, will need to be rebuilt just like the Quarry, Farm, and Lumberyard. Once rebuilt, you can use resources to craft Boat kits and take to the seas! Smaller boats are flimsier, but are more nimble and require less materials. Larger boats unlocked by leveling up your Shipyard can hold more players, travel faster, and have more HP, but cost more resources. With different tiers of boats, players can choose the right boat for their playstyle.
- Boats – Vikings can now sail the seven seas by building and constructing Boats crafted in the Shipyard. Boats can be placed and built through your Construction Inventory, but only in the Open Seas off a coastline, shore or cliff – not in rivers or ponds.
- Swimming – For shorter trips, or on the off chance your ship takes a turn for the worst, Vikings can now swim! While a quick lap or trip back to an accessible shoreline or Boat ladder is fine, swimming is limited by your Viking’s Stamina gauge – so make sure you’re back on your boat or dry land when that bar hits zero, or you’ll start taking damage until the water claims you.
- Exploration: Explore the Open Seas and access uncharted islands off the shores of Midgard to find Merchants and new Beacon Camps filled with turrets and brand new enemies! The expanded map allows you to discover new lands full of resources, enemies, and loot. However, there is also a greater challenge, as you will have to traverse this expanded world to unlock and defeat the Saga Boss before Fimbulwinter.
You can also check out the updated roadmap for the game below:
Check out our review of Tribes of Midgard here, where our own Jimmy Lara gave it an 8/10 for the PS5.