While just introduced last generation of consoles during the PlayStation 3 era, Naughty Dog’s Uncharted franchise has quickly cemented itself as one of Sony’s biggest franchises when it comes to critical and commercial viability.
During the PlayStation Experience Uncharted 10th anniversary panel, Naughty Dog revealed that the franchise as whole has now moved 41.7 million units! Over on Reddit, user jaydoubleyoutee compiled links announcing sales milestones for each game that’s known publicly, and tallying them all up.
In case you can’t see the embedded post, the breakdown is as follows:
- Uncharted released Nov. 2007 – sold 2.6 million as of June 2009.
- Uncharted 2 released Oct. 2009 – sold 3.8 million as of Sept. 2010.
- Series total was nearly 8 million as of Dec. 2010.
- Uncharted 3 released Nov. 2011 – shipped 3.8 million at launch.
- Series total was 13 million as of Dec. 2011.
- Golden Abyss released Feb. 2012 – no individual sales to report.
- Series total was 17.32 million as of Apr. 2012.
- Series total (excluding GA) was 17.9 million as of Mar. 2015 with 4.8, 6.5, and 6.6 million for U1, 2, and 3 respectively.
- Series total was 21 million as of June 2015.
- Nathan Drake Collection released Oct. 2015 – no individual sales to report.
- Series total was 28 million as of May 2016 (before U4.)
- Uncharted 4 released May 2016 – sold 2.7 million in first two weeks and 8.7 million as of Dec. 2016.
- Lost Legacy released Aug. 2017 – no individual sales to report.
- Series total is now 41.7 million.
Given how fantastic each Uncharted game is, it’s definitely deserving of the sales and then some. Let’s hope Uncharted The Lost Legacy isn’t the last we’ve heard of the franchise, no?
In other Naughty Dog news, studio director Neil Druckmann revealed when we can expect to see The Last of Us Part II gameplay.