“If you want it,” says Visceral general manager Steve Papoutsis, fans may hear a little more about the studio’s upcoming shooter, Battlefield Hardline, before its official E3 2014 unveiling.
Taking to Twitter to express his slight frustration with how things have gone down in the past couple of days, Papoutsis says recent leaks are water under the bridge and that he is more than happy to talk about the studio’s take on the iconic Battlefield franchise.
“So yeah, that happened,” he says, likely referring to yesterday’s Battlelog leak and today’s video leak. “Not how we wanted to unveil Hardline, but all good. Didn’t want to wait til E3 anyway, so let’s talk about it…”
If you managed to catch the leaked 7-minute video overview of Hardline’s multiplayer and single player, know that it was a 6-month old build, according to Papoutsis. He says we’ll be able to catch the “real deal” at E3 this year.
“Video that’s out there was for an internal meeting,” he explained. “It’s 6 months old now and team has been cranking since then. See the real deal at E3.
“We’re pouring everything we’ve got into this & stoked to share details on June 9 – maybe even a little more before then if you want it.”
If you ask us, we’re pretty sure Battlefield fans want it.
It’s not all water under the bridge for everyone, however, as we’ve recently learned that at least one EA QA tester has been fired for leaking information stating that Battlefield developer DICE is handling the multiplayer portion of Hardline.
While we’re not certain how much truth there is to that statement, Papoutsis did mention in his letter yesterday that the studio is excited to bring their strengths “to single player,” specifically.
If DICE is overseeing Hardline’s multiplayer, it’s likely studio members from DICE LA or even Visceral are involved as well, considering DICE Stockholm’s rather full plate at the moment with Star Wars: Battlefront and Mirror’s Edge 2.