Following the unveiling of its cinematic trailer a few days ago, Digital Extremes has revealed more information on Warframe The New War features and customizations. In addition to this, a teaser for the expansion’s Act One has also been unveiled, and you can check all of it out below:
- Related Reading: Warframe The New War Cinematic Trailer, Release Date Revealed
Here are some of the key features coming to Warframe The New War:
New Playable Characters in Act I
The Origin System is in need of new warriors to band together to fight back against the invading Sentient threat. Players will experience the first part of The New War from different perspectives and take control of iconic enemies including Kahl-175 the Grineer, Veso the Corpus Tech, and the Dax: Teshin, as they fight across the Origin System to push back the invading Sentient force. While the war rages on, so will the fight for the truth behind the conflict – understanding the Lotus’ past to unlock a new future.
New Warframe – Caliban
Erra’s twisted masterpiece, a true hybrid of Warframe and Sentient. Raised from the wreckage of the Old War to carve a swathe through the New. Caliban is Warframe’s 48th unique playable Warframe and will be added to the game on all platforms on December 15 when The New War launches. A Sentient-Warframe hybrid, Caliban has a passive Ability to resist damage types as he continues to take hits (for himself and his squadmates). Caliban was first revealed during TennoCon 2021’s Art of Warframe digital panel.
- Passive Ability: Adaptive Armor – Allies within Affinity range gain increased resistance to the types of damage they are currently taking.
- Razor Gyre – Become a spinning vortex of death. Hold Fire to accelerate the maelstrom, increasing damage, then target an enemy to dash toward them. Hitting enemies inflicted with Sentidnt Wrath creates a destructive blast.
- Sentient Wrath – Smash the ground sending out a wave of destruction. Those not killed by the initial blast are helplessly lifted into the air where they continue to suffer damage for a short time.
- Lethal Progeny – Call on Caliban’s Sentient aspect to produce up to three Conculyst comrades to fight by his side, and repair shields when not in combat.
- Fusion Strike – Converge three streams of raw energy upon a single point, causing a massive reactive blast. The fallout from the blast will strip the armor from all enemies that touch it.
Harrow Prime Access
Harrow Prime Access will launch on December 15 alongside The New War and for a limited-time, players can instantly unlock or earn Harrow Prime and his signature Weapons and Accessories. Always prepared to sacrifice, this monastic Warframe uses the Void to bolster allies’ defenses and amplify their lethality.
- Scourge Prime – Smite the unrighteous with Harrow Prime’s signature speargun
- Knell Prime – Ring a funeral toll upon enemy skulls with Harrow Prime’s signature pistol
- Prime Accessories
- Nave Prime Syandana: Invest Harrow Prime with this golden Syandana of holy office
- Templar Prime Suit: The dress uniform worn with pride by Harrow’s faithful legions
Warframe The New War will be releasing on December 15 for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.