Digital Extremes has released Warframe update 1.018 for all platforms, and is the game’s next big title update! Called Angels of Zariman, this is tagged as version 31.5 by the devs, and includes new enemies, quests and more! This is one huge update, so dive in to see the Warfarme 31.5 patch notes in all its glory.
Warframe Update 1.018 Patch Notes | Warframe Angels of Zariman Patch Notes | Warframe 31.5 Patch Notes:
Update 31.5: Angels of the Zariman is abundant with story content, gameplay additions (three new game modes!), reworks, and more! As the direct narrative follow-up to The New War, there is much to be unearthed in this next chapter.
There are over 60 pages of notes below – To jump to a specific section of the notes, use your browser’s search feature to find the following sections:
- Angels of the Zariman Quest
- New Tileset: Zariman
- New Hub: Chrysalith
- New Syndicate
- Zariman Bounties
- New Mission Types
- Incarnon Weapons + New Arcanes
- Voidshell Skins
- New Warframe: Gyre
- New Melee Stance: Heavy Scythe
- New Melee: Hespar
- New Rifle: Aeolak
- Angels of the Zariman Supporter Packs
- Valkyr Carnivex Collection
- Focus School System Rework
- Eximus Reborn
- New Player Experience: Quality of Life Changes
- Clan Recruitment Changes
- Maggot Decorations
- Audio Reverb Changes
- And many additions, changes, optimizations, fixes!
The total download size is 2.2 GB.
As a follow up to our original PSA, to avoid spoilers we have chosen to use spoiler-free language when describing certain parts of the update.
Please use liberal spoiler tags in your titles/posts/etc. if you wish to talk about content revealed on the Zariman, let’s not ruin the experience for others! Content Creators should clearly label spoiler content and use spoiler-free thumbnails and titles.
We have also created a dedicated Angels of the Zariman subforum to house all quest-related discussions, questions, bug reports and more: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1785-spoilers-angels-of-the-zariman/
A dedicated ‘known bugs list’ thread is also available for you to track what the team has on their list to fix: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1305849-spoilers-angels-of-the-zariman-known-bugs-list/
This list is not exhaustive of ALL bugs, but lists the most prominent.
ANGELS OF THE ZARIMAN QUEST
The Zariman Ten Zero cries out into the endless darkness that surrounds it. In a post-New War world, something lingers in the Void-ridden ship once inhabited by the Tenno. Its wailing can be heard from afar. Return to it, find the source of its song, and unearth the memories echoing throughout the vacant corridors.
Quest Prerequisite: You must have The New War quest completed in order to unlock the Angels of the Zariman quest in your Codex.
If you have not completed The New War, check out our helpful guide: https://www.warframe.com/news/preparing-for-angels-of-the-zariman-en
Similar to the Saya’s Vigil, Vox Solaris, and Heart of Deimos quests, this is a solo gameplay-focused experience that will introduce you to key characters and Zariman related content.
Completing the quest will reward you with gifts from the Void in your Inbox!
Once you have completed the Angels of the Zariman quest, the following gameplay options will become available for you to start venturing deeper into the ship:
- Zariman Bounties
- 3x New Missions Types
*More detailed information on the above is provided in their own sections below.
NEW TILESET: ZARIMAN
Go back to where it all began, Tenno. The horrors of the past that took place on the Zariman Ten Zero may be overshadowed by the phantasmic energies that now reside there.
Characterized by its overgrown state and constant flow of Void energy, it has taken a new form. Between the golden figures and trinkets littered around from before the Void-Jump accident, the Void pulses through its veins, twisting and bending the Zariman to its will. The accident left the ship in disarray, with many nooks and crannies that can be discovered and explored.
Explore with caution, Tenno — even though you may recognize areas from your past, everything is not what it seems.
The Zariman appears in the Star Chart after completing The New War quest, but is only accessible after completing the Angels of the Zariman quest.
Optimization Tip for PC Players:
Be advised that the Zariman tileset is optimized for and looks best with the ‘Enhanced’ Graphics Engine option enabled. We recommend you switch to this under the ‘Video’ tab in Options if your system can handle it to enjoy the finer details of this lush new map!
Zariman Tileset Resources:
Ferrite, Alloy Plate, Voidgel Orb (NEW), Entrati Lanthorns (NEW), and Thrax Plasm are dropped from enemies and can be found in Resource Deposits around the Zariman tileset.
These new resources can also be fed to Helminth.
Voidplumes are tokens shed from Void Manifestations which can be used for many things, including:
- Turned in for Standing in the Chrysalith for a new Syndicate.
- Used in certain crafting recipes.
- Used to purchase Voidplume decorations and Kuva from a new vendor’s supplies in the Chrysalith.
Voidplumes can be earned as Bounty rewards. They can also be found scattered around the Zariman tileset in a similar fashion to Syndicate Medallions. Each mission spawns 8 Voidplumes for keen-eyed Tenno to find! A prompt will appear letting you know how many more Plumes can be found in-mission after picking one up.
Similar to Medallions, there are various tiers with different Standing values: higher tiers of Voidplumes can be earned by killing special Void manifestation enemies or from Melica Caches, while lower tiers can be found in-mission and from Bounty drop tables. Listed below are the tiers from lowest to highest:
- Voidplume Down
- Voidplume Vane
- Voidplume Quill
- Voidplume Crest
- Voidplume Pinion
Melica Caches & Zarium Accolades:
Zarium Accolades are required to open new caches locked by Cephalon Melica – whom you may remember from your time in the classroom. Melica Caches are marked for your convenience when you’re nearby. To unlock the Melica Cache, you will need to locate a Zarium Accolade – keep an ear out for their distinct sound, or use Loot Radar! Once you find a Zarium Accolade, you can pick them up and bring them to the Melica Console to unlock a Voidplume Quill within.
Melica Caches appear only once the Angels of the Zariman quest is complete, they cannot be found during the quest.
New Somachord Fragments:
Hunt down and scan Somachord Tones throughout the Zariman tileset to unlock 3 new tracks:
- On Corroded Wings
- The Offering
The Zariman brings with it new threats. Aboard the ship you will go toe to toe with the following fresh-faced foes:
The Worm Queen has bestowed these troopers with a miniature Kuva Trokar to disrupt transference.
Using the latest in Corpus weapons technology, this Crewman absorbs damage, until it unleashes it all in a powerful shockwave. The Derivator unit is mounted on the back.
Equipped with a deadly Scythe, they emanate an energy unknown to us. These mysterious creatures can be found in Zariman missions.
Armed and ready with a Rifle, they emanate an energy unknown to us. These mysterious creatures can be found in Zariman missions.
NEW HUB: CHRYSALITH
A familiar location that was first ventured during The New War, the Chrysalith is at the heart of the Zariman. A sanctuary whose bridged walk paths and vistas were once enjoyed by its original passengers is now repurposed as a hub for returning visitors and warriors fending off against the Grineer, Corpus, and others that lay waiting in the halls of the Zariman.
During the Angels of the Zariman quest, you will be introduced to a band of new characters and a new Syndicate who call the Chrysalith home. After you have completed the quest, you will be able to visit the Chrysalith with other Tenno, as you would Fortuna or Cetus.
The Chrysalith is also the first social hub of its kind that allows you to seamlessly access procedural missions without load screens. Jump between missions without ever having to return to your Orbiter’s Navigation.
While inside the Chrysalith, opening the map will display what enemy faction is currently active within the Zariman. Grineer and Corpus squads rotate every 2.5 hours.
This is also indicated by the faction ships closing the distance between themselves and the Zariman in the Star Chart.
A new Syndicate is revealed after completing the Angels of the Zariman quest. Band together with Syndicate members stationed in the Chrysalith and gain access to Bounties, Incarnon Weapons, Dormizone & Voidshell goods, and more!
Work your way through the Ranks from Fallen to Angel, and forge bonds to uncover more about the present predicament of the Zariman. This Syndicate can also be accessed from the Syndicate segment in your Orbiter.
Once you have completed the Quest, Bounties become available from within the Chrysalith! These Bounties offer additional challenges for players looking to show their Mastery of the mission types on the Zariman – you will need to bring the best gear for the job! Players can play through the regular versions of these missions from the Star Chart, or opt for the Bounty version for different rewards and Syndicate standing. The Bounty versions are intended to be much more challenging!
Bounties are structured with a distinct objective that must be completed before the player can extract — or in certain cases can cause a mission failure if the player is unsuccessful. Upon mission completion, players also earn Voidplumes in addition to the Bounty drop table rewards The higher the difficulty, the harder the challenge, the more Plumes are given!
The following possible rewards can be earned by playing the Bounties:
- Gyre’s Blueprint and Component Blueprints
- Alternox Blueprint (New Primary Weapon)
- Hespar Blueprint (New Heavy Scythe)
- Aeolak Blueprint (New Primary Rifle)
- New Resources:
- Entrati Lanthorn – A ceremonial beacon used to map Void locations onto real space.
- Voidgel Orb – A sample of ambient Void energy distilled into a neutral state.
- Thrax Plasm – Found in the remnants of Thrax Void manifestations, this plasm has several surprisingly practical applications.
- Voidplume Down
- Voidplume Vane
- Voidplume Quill
- Voidplume Crest
- Credits, Endo, Greater Focus Lenses, Ayatan Amber Star, and Relics!
NEW MISSIONS TYPES
The Zariman brings with it three new endless mission types: Void Flood, Void Cascade, and Void Armageddon. These missions offer new enemies and challenges! Accompanying these are Exterminate and Mobile Defense mission nodes set in the new Zariman tileset. After completing the Angels of the Zariman Quest, you can start these missions from the Star Chart, or by entering the elevator in the Chrysalith and interacting with the Zariman Navigation panel.
The enemies you will face aboard the Zariman depends on which faction have staked their claim on the ship. Word of the time-forgotten riches aboard the Zariman has made its way onto both Corpus and Grineer wavelengths. While only one faction will be aboard the Zariman at a time, you can expect to see even rotations of these factions every 2.5 hours as each one fights to claim their time aboard the fabled Zariman.
Base Focus Lenses for each Focus School are in Rotation C of the drop tables for these new endless missions. We wanted to add a new means of earning Lenses in light of all of the Focus changes, while also making later stages of the endless missions worth your while.
VOID FLOOD (EVERVIEW ARC)
Forces born of Void and agony are clawing at the Albrecht membrane, creating Ruptures that saturate areas of the Zariman with Void energy. Introducing Void Flood – a parkour-heavy endless mission focused on maintaining the stability of the Zariman’s Automatic Vitoplast system.
How to play:
The goal is to mend these Ruptures, and in order to do so you must collect essential Vitoplast on-board the Zariman and deliver it to the location of these Void Ruptures. The amount of Vitoplast you collect is indicated by the floating globe accompanying you as you hunt it down. The globe fills with Vitoplast as it is collected, and drains when you are near a Void Rupture. Void Flood will test your refined parkour skills, as the anti-gravity properties of Vitoplast have them scattered high and low across the Zariman.
Be warned, failure to close the Ruptures flood the Zariman with uncontrollable Void Contamination that can enhance your enemy and hinder your strength in various different ways, or even cause the Vitoplast itself to act erratically. The higher levels of Void Contamination present on the Zariman, the greater the challenge. Contamination levels are indicated in a gauge in the HUD, with three levels of randomized effects that will trigger when hit:
- First level = 40%
- Second level = 70%
- Final level = 100%
- Hitting 100% will start a countdown timer, if the Contamination levels are not lowered by closing Ruptures within that time, players will be forced to extract as the environment has become inhospitable.
Every three Ruptures sealed summons a Thrax Centurion – a strong foe made of both armor and Void energy looking to keep you from sealing up the Ruptures. Your synergy between Warframe and Operator will be required to take down this quick and relentless enemy. Similar to Eximus Units, Thrax Centurions are imbued with Overguard (more on this in the Eximus Reborn section below) which fortifies their stance. Thrax Centurions also directly reward 2,500 Focus Points of the players’ active Focus School for all of those who are within Affinity range once defeated.
You will have the choice to extract after sealing three Ruptures successfully, which also counts as one full round in this endless mission.
The success and length of your mission is fully dependent on your ability to balance consistent damage with elegant parkour. If you can keep up both to the standards of the Zariman Ten Zero, you will be nobly rewarded.
VOID CASCADE (TUVUL COMMONS)
Enemies of the Zariman have caused a great imbalance using the Void energy perforating its walls and manifesting in truly horrifying ways. Introducing Void Cascade – an endless mission mode where you are tasked with cleansing Void-possessed Exolizers to restore the Zariman’s systems.
How to play:
The goal is to combat the Void using devices known as Exolizers. But even the advanced Zariman tech cannot resist the Void forever. It’s up to you to purge them of the Void, and fight off a complete and total Cascade.
Exolizers possessed by the Void are protected by it. Your Operator is key in cleansing it to allow the Exolizer to begin its purging process. Possessed and purged Exolizers are tracked in the HUD, alongside the gauge that indicates the level at which the ship is reaching a Cascade-level disaster.
Upon cleansing an Exolizer, Tenno must face a Thrax Centurian which has possessed the machine, but they will not give up without a fight. If they are not killed quickly, it will feed the Cascade by re-possessing another Exolizer and accelerate the chaos. The more you cleanse, the more chaotic it can get – it will require great focus and skill to maintain the Exolizers the longer you stay.
If you’d rather flee the battle and bank your rewards, it will require four successful purged Exolizers to unlock extraction, which also counts as one full round in this endless mission.
If players are unable to fend off the Cascade and the gauge reaches 100%, extraction will become available.
Restoring the systems of the Zariman won’t be easy, but is necessary to reclaim the ship. It will require great strength and coordination to quell the Cascade, but those who stay to fight will be compensated for their efforts.
VOID ARMAGEDDON (ORO WORKS)
Grineer and Corpus enemies have boarded the Zariman and are targeting its Reliquary for destruction. Exquisitely twisted creations and their minions seek to do the same. Void Armageddon tests your ability to prioritize targets: defend against enemies while protecting the Reliquary aboard the Zariman and the Exodampers that aid you in your objective. Assemble your Arsenal wisely, as this mission is not for the ill-prepared.
How to play:
The goal is to defend the Reliquary from the waves of threats that are looking to destroy it. To aid you in your defense are Exodampers. These towers will weaken your enemy while they are active, but if destroyed will strengthen them with randomized buffs until the Exodampers respawn. While not essential, without your Exodampers, your enemy can focus fire on the Reliquary. If your enemies succeed in destroying it, you will be forced to accept defeat and return back to the Chrysalith. As the chaos grows, Void manifestations will attempt to drain the Reliquary using Void energy. You can track how much of the Reliquary has been drained using the percentage icon above it. If the Reliquary is fully drained, you will have failed your mission. Destroyed or drained, you must fight to prevent the Reliquary from meeting either fates.
Void Armageddon consists of Rounds and Waves:
- Waves: Enemies will try to destroy Exodampers in waves. To complete a wave, you must eliminate the squad of enemies sent to the Exodamper. After each wave, your enemies will begin to attack from a different angle – follow the instructions on your HUD and move swiftly to the next Exodamper to defend.
- Rounds: A full round consists of three waves.
If you fail to protect your Exodampers, they will remain destroyed until the next round.
- For clarity – if an Exodamper is destroyed in Wave 1 in Round 1, it will respawn at the start of Round 2, or the 4th Wave in total.
Grineer and Corpus will be the least of your worries the longer you defend, as Void manifestations appear every three waves and will stand in your way between completing rounds. Traditional combat will be necessary to make a dent, but your skills as your Operator are crucial to defeating this foe. If you succeed in this fight, you and your squad (those within Affinity range of the enemy when defeated) will be rewarded with Focus Points as well as a high-tier Voidplume which must be picked up.
Completing one round of Void Armageddon will unlock extraction, but enemies will continue to attack until you can fight no longer.
You aren’t alone in your efforts. By taking advantage of the Zariman’s built-in defenses, you can utilize strategically placed Armaments – specialized turrets. They can be used to hold off the onslaught of enemies at all angles, but must be constructed first. To build these turrets, locate and capture Argozene Drops, which will provide the Argozene to construct them. To unlock a Drop, you must stand within the indicated zone around it and wait until the box is fully enveloped with energy – at which point it will open and shower you with the crafting material. Argozene is also dropped from fallen enemies. Collected Argozene is shared amongst your squad, so coordinating with them will be required to optimize your strategy.
As long as you have the required Argozene, you can choose from a variety of Armaments to craft:
- Mazuka – Minigun turret that focuses on one target at a time.
- Faradon – Arc lightning turret that can strike multiple targets at once.
- Corralizer – Trap turret that grabs enemies and pulls them in.
- Giottica – A laser targeted missile launcher.
While they don’t last forever, they can be the difference between losing and keeping your Exodampers and the Reliquary alive. Turret types can quickly be selected by using the default ability cast bindings (1-2-3-4 on PC, and RB+ABXY on controller) while in the selection screen. Custom bindings for abilities will also work!
EXTERMINATE (HALAKO PERIMETER) & MOBILE DEFENSE (THE GREENWAY)
In addition to these new mission types, Exterminate and Mobile Defense nodes are also available on the Zariman!
In Exterminate, you are tasked with destroying the Corpus or Grineer crews that are rummaging around where they shouldn’t be. Take on the classic mission type while navigating the Void-infested Zariman ship. Not all is the same though, as every 30 enemies killed will spawn a Thrax enemy-type.
In Mobile Defense, you must restore the Zariman’s systems that were overcome by the Jump Incident, and defend them while your allies purge out the Void. For the Corpus and Grineer, it is key that the Zariman stay where it is. They will do everything in their power to prevent the Tenno from getting the Zariman’s full power back online. Alongside Corpus and Grineer enemies, a multiple Thrax enemy-types will come to assist in the fight.
General Zariman Mission Notes:
- All of the Zariman missions are available on the Steel Path and reward ‘The Steel Path – The Zariman’ Trophy and Emote!
- We will be adding a Steel Path toggle to the Zariman Mission Select in the Chrysalith in a hotfix. For now, to turn on/off Steel Path for Zariman missions you will need to do so in the Navigation from your Orbiter first.
- In addition to aborting the mission through the pause menu, you can re-enter the elevator and interact with the panel inside to ‘Abort Mission’.
- Keep in mind that this option acts exactly the same as aborting a mission from the pause menu in terms of rewards and bonuses.
- Both the Exterminate and Mobile Defense missions have an extraction portal that will spawn once you have completed the objective. The extraction waypoint will mark its location after completing the mission objective. Walking into it will send you back to the elevator for extraction.
A collection of Weapons originally used for ceremonial purposes have become deadly machines after being affected by the Void. They evolve, as does most of what the Void touches.
In the Chrysalith, you’ll meet a character who will teach you the ways of these Incarnon Weapons and how to evolve them based on challenges you complete in-game. With each Evolution you unlock, you can pick your weapon’s upgrades from a variety of options, or re-spec as you wish!
Incarnon Weapons 101:
1. Acquire an Incarnon Weapon:
Blueprints for the following Incarnon Weapons are available from a vendor in the Chrysalith’s Offerings:
Orokin elites admired farmers in conquered regions, because they had learned to fight with modified farming tools despite being forbidden to own weapons. For their voyage, the Zariman were presented with Praedos in recognition of Zariman tenacity. The Void reinforces the strength of the spirited individual by fortifying the Praedos.
Zariman colonists originally intended to use the Phenmor in burial rights. In Orokin society, the higher the rank, the greater number of volleys for the deceased. Its stock is carved from Phenaureus Pine, a tree designed to release seedlings only onto scorched earth. In the hands of the Void, the Phenmor becomes darkly aggressive.
During parades and victory marches, the Laetum fired pigmented airburst rounds that rained onto festive crowds. The Orokin sent Laetum with the Zariman so they could properly celebrate a successful maiden voyage to Tau. There would be no such celebration, but the Void imbued the Laetum with a much more explosive capacity.
2. Unlock Evolutions by Completing Challenges:
Once you have crafted and equipped an Incarnon Weapon in your Arsenal, its Evolution slots and the challenges associated with unlocking become visible while viewing it in the Arsenal.
Completing the required challenge unlocks that slot, which can then be modified by returning to the vendor in the Chrysalith to select the attributes you’d like to apply.
3. Apply Upgrades to your Incarnon Weapon:
Visit the vendor in the Chrysalith and select the ‘Evolve Incarnon Weapons’ option. You must have the Incarnon Weapon equipped for you to Evolve it. If you have multiple Incarnon Weapons, a selection window will pop up for you to choose the weapon you wish to Evolve. If you do not have any equipped, you can open the pause menu and select ‘Arsenal’ while in the Chrysalith to equip them from there without having to go back to your Orbiter.
Once you have selected an Incarnon Weapon to evolve, you will be presented with this screen:
There are a total of 5 Evolutions for any Incarnon Weapon. Each other these Evolution Slots offer their own set of upgrades to unlock.
Evolution I: Incarnon Transmutation
The first Evolution unlocks the Weapon’s Incarnon Transmutation! Which completely alters the look and mechanics of the weapon:
Incarnon Transmutation is achieved by building up charge in-mission based on completion of the weapon’s specified task:
- Phenmor – Headshots charge Incarnon Transmutation; Alt Fire transmutes.
- Laetum – Headshot charge Incarnon Transmutation; Alt Fire transmutes.
- Praedos – Reach 10x Combo and then Heavy Attack to activate Incarnon Transmutation.
The task can be viewed by hovering over the Incarnon Transmutation slot while viewing the weapon in the Arsenal or in the ‘Evolve Incarnon Weapons’ option.
When there is any amount of charge (indicated by the meter in the reticle for the Phenmor and Laetum, and a FX pulse on the Praedos), Incarnon Transmutation can be activated by using alt fire (Phenmor and Laetum) or Heavy Attack (Praedos). That same meter will drain as you use the weapon in its Incarnon Transmutation.
When fully drained it will automatically revert back to its default mode. Incarnon Transmutation can also be manually reverted at any time by using alt fire again while active. Reverting a weapon back from its Incarnon Transmutation will expend its remaining charge.
Evolution II – V: Upgrades
After unlocking Incarnon Transmutation, the Evolutions that follow offer 3 upgrades per slot that are interchangeable and can be swapped at any time at the vendor in the Chrysalith.
You can view your Incarnon Weapons selected upgrades and challenges in your Arsenal.
4. Build Around Your Evolution Upgrades:
Incarnon Weapons can be modded like any other weapon in the Arsenal, so build your loadouts around your Evolution upgrades and try new combinations for maximum output!
*Note: Stat comparisons for Incarnon Weapons when swapping upgrades in the ‘Evolve Incarnon Weapons’ Screen in the Chrysalith will be coming in a hotfix. And Incarnon Weapons are intentionally skinnable only in their non-Incarnon Transmutation form. A fix will be coming for this in the future.
The Incarnon Weapon vendor in the Chrysalith also offers 10 new Arcanes in their Offerings! They also have a chance of dropping from defeated Thrax and Void Manifestation enemies.
*Stats shown are Rank 5
Molt Efficiency (Warframe)
While Shields Are Active: Gain 6% Ability Duration per second, up to a maximum of 36%.
Molt Vigor (Warframe)
On Operator Ability: 45% Ability Strength on next Warframe Ability cast.
Cascadia Overcharge (Warframe)
While Overshields Active: +300% Critical Chance.
Emergence Renewed (Operator)
On Energy Depleted: Increase Energy Regeneration by 300% over 5s. Cooldown: 30s
Emergence Savior (Operator)
On Lethal Damage: Become invulnerable for 5s and recover 60% Health. Cooldown: 90s.
Eternal Eradicate (Operator)
On Operator Ability: +60% Damage for Amps for 8s.
Emergence Dissipate (Operator)
On Void Sling: Press the fire input during Void Sling to dissipate the endpoint in a 10m radius. Enemies hit have a 100% chance to create a short lived Void Mote that replenishes 10 Energy on pick up.
Fractalized Reset (Primary)
On Ability cast: +240% Reload Speed for 5s.
Cascadia Accuracy (Secondary)
On Roll: +300% Critical Chance on Headshots for 4s.
Rebuild a home within the Zariman with your very own Dormizone! Located in the lower levels of the Chrysalith, your humble abode awaits. All players who have completed the Angels of the Zariman quest will have their very own Dormizone set up with a dining area, tons of shelf space and a spacious lounge to hang out in. This new accommodation can be accessed from the elevator in the Chrysalith or directly from navigation on the Star Chart.
You may recognize the entrance of your apartment from a pivotal moment in The New War quest. The Dormizone is similar to the Orbiter in that it is your own personal space to customize how you see fit. You can bring your favorite decorations from your Orbiter and outfit this space and give it your own touch.
* Please note that the Orbiter and Dormizone do share your decorations inventory so placing an item in one location means you cannot also place it in the other unless you have more than one of that item.
If you are looking for some new things to adorn your abode with then you will want to talk to a vendor in the Chrysalith near the elevator taking you down to your Dormizone. This vendor provides a plethora of Zariman-themed decorations that you can get in exchange for Standing. In addition to decorations, this Chrysalith vendor carries 15 new Captura scenes featuring various areas across the Zariman. The Zariman’s resident gardener, ‘Vegetation and Environment Regulation Drone – Independent Element’ or ‘VERD-IE’ for short, is available as an adorable Skin, Mask, Tail, and Wings for your Sentinels.
For those who want the maximum amount of real estate, the Chrysalith vendor can give you the key for your own observatory-like penthouse called the Vista Suite. All you need to do is attain the Rank of Angel with the new Syndicate and provide the necessary Standing.
Dormizones add four new spaces to showcase your trophies, displays, and more! In addition to the three rooms of the Dormizone, you are also free to decorate the landing area from where you exit the elevator leading up to and around the entrance of your apartment. Similar to your Orbiter, Dormizones do have a decoration capacity limit based on the size of each space. Did we mention that your Companions can freely roam around as well? Bring them with you since they have their own place within the Dormizone area and we are sure they would enjoy the change in scenery.
Unique to the Vista Suite is a window outlook that provides exceptional views of space and void energy, but can also be customized using interchangeable views called Vistagraphs. These picturesque scenes can also be further enhanced by selecting an Audioscape to accompany them with. Will you be lost among the sounds of the Sands of Mars, or will the tranquility of Oasis provide a quiet respite from your battles? Both Vistagraphs and Audioscapes can be purchased for Platinum. At launch there will be four Vistagraphs and ten Audioscapes to choose from.
- The Path Imponderable
- The Vallis Breathes
- Impossibility Dawn
- Silent Blue
- Eidolon Rain
- Forests of Terra
- Rock Pillars
- Sands of Mars
- Systems Edge
- Jungle Spaceport
- Mountain Lake
- Temple Gates
- Treacherous Marsh
With all this new space to showcase your creativity don’t forget to invite your squad over to check out your pad. Players in your squad can visit your Dormizone as long as you are the Host and they have also completed the Angels of the Zariman quest. Dormizones are Host respective, which means that traveling to a Dormizone in a squad will land you in the Host’s. When you are ready to return to missions or decide to leave the Dormizone, then the Host needs to leave to bring the entire squad back to the main floor of the Chrysalith or back to your Orbiters. So bring your friends, Tenno, and unwind in your new home.
*Unlike the [spoiler] Camp or your Orbiter, the Navigation menu is not available in the Dormizone. However, you can still use the Equipment menu options to access your Arsenal, customize your Operator, or even check your Inventory. This is truly a place where you want to unwind away from the pressures of the Origin System! This is only the beginning of your interactions with the Dormizone, Tenno, more will come in the future.
The Void Jump transmogrified lifeforms and materials alike. In the Void’s clutches, even threads were imbued with adaptive properties. Suddenly, Zariman uniforms seemed to change from cloth, to stone, to metal, to liquid and back again as if of their own free will. The colonists realized materials had manifested new chemical structures, and a character you have yet to meet soon learned to control the transformations. Voidshell imbues cosmetics with the morphic material created in the Void Jump.
Introducing a brand new customization system that allows you to change the Material Structures on Voidshell Skins. There are Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, and Accent slots that can be swapped to materials of your choosing. They can also be color customized for the ultimate tailored look!
In this update, we are debuting the first round of Voidshell Skins featuring Saryn, Volt, and Rhino! Each of these following skins are available in the in-game Market and come with their own Material Structure:
Saryn Voidshell Collection
Adorn Saryn in the morphic material created during the Zariman Void Jump. This collection includes the Saryn Voidshell Skin and Spore Print, a material structure for exclusive use on Voidshell skins.
Volt Voidshell Collection
Adorn Volt in the morphic material created during the Zariman Void Jump. This collection includes the Volt Voidshell Skin and Crimzian Opulence, a material structure for exclusive use on Voidshell skins.
Rhino Voidshell Collection
Adorn Rhino in the morphic material created during the Zariman Void Jump. This collection includes the Rhino Voidshell Skin and Titanium Sheen, a material structure for exclusive use on Voidshell skins.
Voidshell Skin Material Structures:
These textiles are imbued with the Zariman spirit of discovery, innovation, and comradery. They are the reification of nostalgia for a bygone era. Material Structures can be used across all of your Voidshell Skins and offer a plethora of new customization looks!
The following Material Structures are automatically available in your Arsenal for all of your Voidshell Skins:
- Lavar Solid
- Homestead Twill
- Rail Stripes
- Subtle Scintillant
- Junction Mode
- Battleworn Steel
- Asterite Luster
- Flat Noctrul
- Oxium Gloss
- Sleek Ticor Plate
If you wish to grow your Material Structures collection, they can be earned by using Standing to purchase the following options at a vendor in the Chrysalith:
- Tarnished Morphics
- Ayatan Elegance
- White Sun Veneer
- Gallium Glaze
- Cephalon Adornment
Additional Material Structures can also be purchased with the Hombask’s Voidshell Bundle in the in-game Market. Don morphic material created during the Zariman Void Jump. The collection includes fifteen Material Structures:
- Zetki Quality
- Packed Debris
- Polished Devar
- Orokin Porcelain
- Tellurium Layers
- Gleaming Alloy
- Submerged Stone
- Jade Esteem
- Faux Mergoo
- Thousand-Year Scales
- Tough Vestan Moss
- Lua Darkside
- Smooth Salvage
- Threshcone Fresh
- Holokey Blur
*These Material Structures can also be purchased separately in the in-game Market or directly from your Arsenal while customizing your Voidshell skin.
These Voidshell Material Structures can only be used on the specialized Voidshell cosmetics. Tenno will not be able to use these materials on other Skins they own.
Focus School themed Material Structures are also available for purchase using Focus Points in the Represent option once you have fully maxed a school. More on this in the Focus changes section below!
NEW WARFRAME: GYRE
Gyre embodies elegant theory. Annihilate enemies with the conductivity of coils and transmitters. She also has her very own custom dodge animation!
Gyre’s abilities have a 10% chance to deal critical damage for each Electrical status that affects the enemy.
Launch a Gyratory Sphere that will deal high damage on impact and periodically deal electrical shocks to nearby enemies. Hit multiple enemies at once with the initial launch to enhance damage.
Throw forward a Gyratory Sphere that will implode after a few seconds or can be manually triggered.
*Coil Horizon is Gyre’s Helminth Ability!
Gain a brief burst of increased Critical Chance and Energy Regen, with each kill extending duration. Casting is on a cooldown.
Gyre’s mechanisms spin at incredible speeds, generating an Electric Field that shocks nearby enemies. When Gyre gets a critical hit, a large electrical discharge will chain from the enemy that was hit to nearby enemies.
*Gyre’s ability crit buffs only apply to her own abilities, they do not apply to Helminth abilities.
Gyre is available for purchase in the in-game Market or earn her components from the Zariman Bounty rewards.
GYRE’S SIGNATURE WEAPON: ALTERNOX
Gyre’s signature weapon has two fire modes. Primary fire shocks enemies with electrical orbs. Alternate fire is a large ball of electricity that sticks to any surface and pulses Electricity before it explodes. In Gyre’s hands, the weapon has a small amount of multishot.
The Alternox is available for purchase via the in-game Market or earn its Blueprint through the Zariman Bounty rewards.
GYRE AUTOMATION HELMET
Complete the circuit with this alternate helmet for Gyre!
Purchase the Gyre Automaton Helmet from the in-game Market! The Blueprint will be added to the Nightwave Cred Offerings Store in a future update.
Amplify your look with Gyre’s signature Syandana.
The Triodic Syandana is available for purchase via the in-game Market.
The conductive path to Gyre’s core. This collection includes the Gyre Warframe, Gyre Automaton Helmet, Alternox Rifle, Triodic Syandana, and Gyratory Sphere Decoration.
The Gyre Collection is available for purchase via the in-game Market.
Gyre’s default Glyphs are also available for purchase via Main Menu > Profile > Glyph.
NEW MELEE STANCE: HEAVY SCYTHE: GALEFORCE DAWN
Weave, cleave, and reap with a brand new Heavy Scythe Stance and weapon.
Galeforce Dawn can be earned in Zariman missions and can be dropped from Kuva Trokarian and Derivator Crewman enemies. Visit the public drop tables for full details.
NEW MELEE: HESPAR
This Heavy Scythe echoes battles of another time. It is far more a weapon of sheer force than one of finesse.
The Hespar can be purchased via the in-game Market or earn its Blueprint through the Zariman Bounty rewards and its Component Blueprints in the endless Zariman mission rewards.
NEW RIFLE: AEOLAK
This unusual automatic rifle feels strangely familiar and has two fire modes. Primary fire packs radiation damage. Alternate fire charges up to launch an explosive projectile.
The Aeolak can be purchased via the in-game Market or earn its Blueprint through the Zariman Bounty rewards and its Component Blueprints in the endless Zariman mission rewards.
ANGELS OF THE ZARIMAN SUPPORTER PACKS
Venture into the dark Void of the Zariman with a fully reinforced Arsenal! Unleash electric fury as the newest Warframe, Gyre; unlock a bounty of new Customizations with Voidshell Warframe Skins; and master brand-new Weapons as you bring light to the dark and deadly Zariman.
Angels of the Zariman Emergence Pack Includes:
- Vasero Sekhara
- Hespar Heavy Scythe
- Galeforce Dawn Stance Mod
- Zariman Glyph*
- Zariman Sigil*
- 7-Day Resource Booster
- 7-Day Resource Drop Chance Booster
Angels of the Zariman Chrysalith Pack Includes:
- Vasero Sekhara
- Hespar Heavy Scythe
- Galeforce Dawn Stance Mod
- Zariman Glyph*
- Zariman Sigil*
- 7-Day Resource Booster
- 7-Day Resource Drop Chance Booster
- 500 Platinum
- Gyre Warframe
- Gyre Automaton Helmet
- Gyratory Sphere Decoration
- Triodic Syandana
- Alternox Rifle
- Saryn Voidshell Skin
- Volt Voidshell Skin
- Rhino Voidshell Skin
- 18 Material Structures
Items marked with a * are exclusive to this pack for a limited time. In an effort to continue to make Supporter packs more player-friendly, everything else listed can either be purchased separately from the in-game Market for Platinum or can be earned (Gyre, Weapons, Vasero Sekhara & the Galeforce Dawn Stance Mod).
VALKYR CARNIVEX COLLECTION
Ferocity meets dangerous elegance with this Valkyr Deluxe Collection. Paralyze enemies with a brutal mix of metal and muscle with a new Valkyr Deluxe Skin created by concept artist Liger. Rip and tear in high-fashion with a complimentary Deluxe Fist Melee Skin, Armor Set, and Valkyr Deluxe Animation Sets all available from the in-game Market.
DREYRIC FIST MELEE SKIN
This beautifully brutal design will compliment any blood on your knuckles.
Unleash your fury in armor that befits the most dedicated berserker.
This instrument belonged to a much-loved member of the Zariman, who would often cheer up her companions with it. With its mysterious synthesizer tones from the edge of the Void, it’s sure to give you the tools to relive those days.
Kira’s Shawzin is available for purchase via the in-game Market.
[SPOILER] ORDIS SENTINEL SKIN
Cephalon Ordis has always delighted in talking with the Operator. Now he can delight in accompanying the Operator in any situation.
The Ordis Sentinel Skin is available for purchase via the in-game Market if you have completed The New War quest.
FOCUS SCHOOL SYSTEM REWORK
Focus School is in session! The Focus System is getting an extensive rework to refresh the gameplay potential of Operators, movement, School identity and balance.
WHAT IS FOCUS?
Focus has been a lot of things over the years. What started in 2015 as a pivotal decision moment in Warframe’s story has continually evolved into its own form of gameplay: Convergence was introduced alongside Focus Lenses to give players an added boost to collecting Focus, Update 22: Plains of Eidolon shook the system up to add new Focus School nodes and Way-Bound abilities, and Update 22.6 attempted to bring the 5 schools’ power levels closer together with numerous abilities reworked.
At its core, Focus aimed to be an exciting new path to enjoy Warframe from the lens of another character. What we’ve come to realize over the many years is that there was a lack of true synergy between Operator and Warframe. We hope to change that while also bringing something fresh to the table!
OPERATOR GAMEPLAY REWORK OVERVIEW
The Operator Gameplay and Focus School reworks aim to improve the flow between Warframe gameplay and Operator gameplay, with the goal of encouraging players to swap more frequently between their Operator and Warframe to maximize the benefits received from both gameplay systems.
As with all our major system overhauls, we encourage you to give it some time in your own hands before delivering your constructive feedback!
For Operator Gameplay specifically, these changes come in three major ways: first, the introduction of Void Sling; secondly, re-engineering Operators to be Client-authoritative to reduce jank caused by latency issues related to the mission host; thirdly, removal of Void Blast to allow Melee inputs to cause automatic Transference from Operator to Warframe.
Void Sling is the intended replacement of Void Dashes as a more fun and controllable system. In full transparency, the current state of sustained Void Dash movement has a spam-centric loop that we want to refine. We are very much approaching this like how we added Bullet Jump to Parkour: we want movement to be king, but better controlled. Current Void Dash does not provide easily controlled movement in the typical gameplay spaces. We are aiming to strike a balance to ensure good distance can still be covered, but some re-mastery will be required of this new movement system (much like having to learn Bullet Jumping)!
Additionally, Operator Transference has been re-engineered to be Client-authoritative to alleviate the common scenario of latency. Previously, Transference was Host-authoritative, meaning when Clients used Transference the responsiveness was determined by the round trip network latency. In order for the new Void Sling functionality to be more responsive, the switch was made to be Client-authoritative.
Void Dash to Void Sling
The Operator sends a Void Sling of themselves and then Void Slings to it. It is the Operator’s ‘Double Jump’. *After its debut on Devstream #160 and following further playtesting, the team has since increased the overall speed of the Operator’s Void Sling thanks to feedback.
- Tap or hold jump while in the air to send out your Sling. A tap will travel a minimum distance before the Void Sling.
- Void Sling can also be activated using the old Void Dash input, by holding jump while in crouched Void Mode.
- Holding jump sends out the Void Sling further, up to the Sling’s maximum distance, which upon being reached, will automatically Void Sling the player to that space.
- Letting go of jump before hitting the maximum distance is reached will initiate a Void Sling.
- The Void Sling is sent out in the direction the camera is facing once fully charged, or upon release.
Void Blast to Warframe Melee Transfer
Melee input while using your Operator will now instantly Transfer to your Warframe and perform a Melee attack.
- Having no Melee weapon equipped will result in Transferring to your Warframe holding your Primary/Secondary instead.
- Warframe Melee Finishers can be triggered as Operator with ‘Use’ input near an unaware or stunned enemy, automatically insta-Transferring to Warframe to perform them.
- So what about Void Blast? It’s been retired and replaced with the above. For scenarios where Void Blast is requested (disarming Kuva Guardians, etc) using the new Void Projection mechanic (or Amps in some cases) will do the trick.
- “On Void Blast” Arcanes now trigger on Void Sling.
FOCUS SCHOOL REWORK
The Focus School rework aims to boost the lesser used Schools by a) giving them more interesting and useful abilities, b) defining a clear role and gameplay style for each school, and c) incentivizing Warframe-Operator Transference as part of the core gameplay loop.
- Ability Inputs while in Operator are now used to perform brand new Focus School abilities! Each School is launching with 2 Abilities, meaning that what you use to cast your Warframe’s First and Second Abilities (i.e 1 & 2 keys on PC) now have a use while in Operator!
- The Pool has been removed! Any Focus points you’ve spent on upgrading your Pool capacity will be returned to you in the form of Radiant Eidolon shards, which you can convert into Focus points for a School of your choosing. The original intention of the Pool was to allow you to select the active nodes within your chosen Focus School, but as time went on the Pool only added unnecessary complexity for no real gameplay benefit.
- Removed passive draining abilities because players would typically have deactivated these abilities to avoid the passive Energy drain. Any abilities that spend Energy are manually triggered as opposed to passively draining.
- As a result, we’ve removed the toggling functionality to have nodes on or off as Pool capacity and passive draining abilities are no longer a factor.
- The Focus School UI has been updated! Not only does the UI now apply your chosen UI Theme, but each School screen displays a legend of all Way-Bound abilities to easily reference the ones you have unlocked. This legend also allows you to quickly switch between schools with the click of a button.
- Fully maxing all the nodes of a Focus School will grant you access to Represent. Rep your School with all new cosmetics (purchased with Focus points) via the Represent button in the respective Focus School’s screen.
- As an additional way to earn Focus, Enemies that require using the Operator to kill them now have a chance to grant Focus towards your active School!
- Please note that this Focus gained from new enemies aboard the Zariman does not currently show in the End of Mission screen. This fix will come with our next Mainline build.
- Transference Static (dying while the Operator) has been reworked as well. The Transference Static when dying as the Operator now has increasing consequences. A majority of the Focus Rework is to bring synergy between Operator and Warframe that ideally allows for less Transference Static overall. The consequences are as follows:
- First Operator death – 20% Warframe Health reduction
- Second Operator death – 50% Warframe Health reduction
- Third Operator death – 80% Warframe Health reduction
- Fourth Operator death – straight into Warframe pre-death state
- Several new animations for Operator abilities have been added to fit the changes.
- All Amps are now not silent by default (except for Mote Amp, Shwaak Prism, Rahn Prism, Cantic Prism and the Sirocco).
- Increased the amount of Affinity converted to Focus from Convergence Orbs from 8x to 10x.
- The War Within tutorial stages have been updated to accommodate these changes.
*All the values below for Focus School nodes are shown at max rank.
The Madurai way follows the path of Engage the Enemy. Speed and savagery characterized the Madurai school.
Madurai’s abilities focus on granting that offensive edge in combat with a combination of Damage increases, weapon efficiency, and Speed enhancements to recklessly attack your foes.
- 6 new Focus abilities.
- POWER TRANSFER (Passive)
- 100% Amp Critical Damage for 20s on switching to Operator. 50% Casting Speed on switching to Warframe.
- VOID FUEL
- 40% Weapon Efficiency for Operator and Warframe while Void Strike is active.
- CHAINED SLING
- 50% Energy Efficiency on Consecutive Void Slings.
- SLING STRENGTH
- Switching to Warframe after a Chained Sling adds 40% Ability Strength for 20s.
- CONTAMINATION WAVE (Second Ability input)
- Second Ability emits a Void wave lasting 2s that drenches enemies with Void Contamination making them 50% more vulnerable to Operator Damage for 20s.
- Added a mark FX similar to Ash’s Bladestorm for Contamination Wave. Each contamination level will display its own marker above enemies.
- Second Ability emits a Void wave lasting 2s that drenches enemies with Void Contamination making them 50% more vulnerable to Operator Damage for 20s.
- DISTILLED CONTAMINATION
- Killing an enemy affected by Contamination Wave makes all affected enemies 25% more vulnerable, while also making the effect last 10s longer. Maximum 4 stacks.
- POWER TRANSFER (Passive)
- Eternal Gaze and Inner Gaze remain unchanged.
- Reworked Void Strike:
- It is now the First Ability input.
- First Ability consumes all Operator energy to increase damage for 8s. Deal 10% additional damage for every percentage of Operator energy consumed. 40s cooldown.
- eg. 100% of Energy consumed is 1000% damage.
- Why: Old Void Strike’s long charge up time didn’t provide an ideal gameplay experience within the fast paced environment. Players found themselves sitting in Void Mode waiting for the Damage bonus to build up. Now Void Strike no longer needs Void Mode and has instant damage on input. Additionally, Void Strike is Duration based now instead of per shot, meaning damage gets applied to all pellets of a shotgun for instance.
- Tweaked Phoenix Talons:
- Physical Damage and Operator Damage increased by 30%.
- Why: Adding the additional Operator Damage allows for benefits for both Warframe and Operator in the name of synergy.
The Unairu push themselves to Outlast The Enemy. Those who mastered the Unairu school are granted enhanced damage resistance and damage reflection.
Unairu’s main pillar aims to make Unairu a proper tank Focus School with increased Armor, and opportunities for increased immunity and survivability.
- 8 new Focus Abilities.
- Gain immunity to slow, stagger, and knockdown effects for 40s after Transferring between Operator or Warframe.
- LAST GASP (Passive, Way-Bound)
- Revive your Warframe by Transferring to Operator and killing enemies before the Revive Meter drains, 15s. Each kill filles the Revive Meter by 30%.
- VENGEANCE (Passive, Way-Bound)
- During Last Gasp, Operator Damage is increased by 100% plus an additional 25% per second.
- MAGNETIC FLARE (First Ability input)
- Use First Ability to create a 8m radius field that lasts for 30s and disables the shields of any enemy that enters it.
- CAUSTIC STRIKE (Second Ability input)
- Second Ability launches an energy bomb that explodes with a 8m radius, stripping 100% of enemy armor. Tap Second Ability again to detonate in-flight.
- MAGNETIC BOOST
- Void Sling out of a Magnetic Flare to refresh its duration and increase its radius by 100%.
- REINFORCED RETURN
- Warframe is invulnerable for 4s after Operator is downed. Tap X as Operator falls to bring the Warframe to the Operator’s location.
- STATIC PURGE
- 100% chance to clear Transference Static on kill while Reinforced Return is active.
- Reworked Unairu Wisp:
- 100% chance to summon an Unairu Wisp for each enemy hit by Sundering Dissipation that will seek out the nearest ally within Affinity Range and increase their Operator damage by 100% for 20 secs.
- Why: Its new coexistence alongside another Focus ability unifies the 2 together to add another layer that benefits both Warframe and Operator. It also removes having to pick up the Unairu Wisp manually, and will instead find you within Affinity Range.
- 100% chance to summon an Unairu Wisp for each enemy hit by Sundering Dissipation that will seek out the nearest ally within Affinity Range and increase their Operator damage by 100% for 20 secs.
- Tweaked Stone Skin:
- Increases Armor for Warframe and Operator by 200.
- Why: Adding the additional Operator Armor allows for benefits for both Warframe and Operator in the name of synergy.
- Increases Armor for Warframe and Operator by 200.
The Zenurik believed the clearest path to victory was to Dominate the Enemy. Those who master the Zenurik school believe that sheer strength could erase any resistance.
Rest assured the core of Energizing Dash remains as-is with some slight updates. Our goal is to bring other Focus Schools up to the level of Zenurik while still maintaining the School’s tactical benefits.
- 6 new Focus Abilities:
- HARDENED WELLSPRING (First Ability input)
- Tap First Ability inside a Wellspring to increase its size, boost its duration by 20s, and grant 20% Ability Strength to those inside.
- Wellspring is the new name for (the relatively unchanged) Energizing Dash, which you can read about further below.
- TEMPORAL DRAG (Second Ability input)
- Second Ability emits a radial burst slowing any enemy it touches by 80% for 10s.
- TEMPORAL SHOT (Passive)
- Precision head shot damage increased by 100% on enemies afflicted with Temporal Drag.
- DISARMING SLING
- Slinging through enemies has a 50% chance to disarm them.
- NO QUARTER
- Killing a disarmed enemy increases Operator energy regen rate by 10% for 10s. 4 Max Stacks.
- INNER MIGHT (Passive)
- Allows Abilities to be cast without using Energy or Shields but requires 60s to recharge.
- HARDENED WELLSPRING (First Ability input)
- Void Flow, Void Siphon, and Energy Pulse remain unchanged.
- Energizing Dash is now Wellspring with the slight change of being a direct input Ability (First Ability input) as opposed to a Void Dash.
- This also affects Necramechs.
The Naramon discipline focuses on Knowing The Enemy. They believed that to truly understand a foe would confer the greatest advantage upon a warrior.
True to its focus in the art of assault, Naramon continues to heavily lean towards a Melee support role with speed and distance enhancements.
- 7 new Focus Abilities.
- OPENING SLAM
- Performing a Slam as Operator switches to Warframe and grants double Combo gain for 20s.
- AMP SPIKE
- Transfer to Operator with 8x Combo Multiplier to increase Amp Damage by 100% for 40s.
- VOID LEVITATION (First Ability input)
- First Ability creates a 6m wide shockwave lasting 4s, that inflicts Lift Status on all enemies it touches.
- LETHAL LEVITATION
- Additional 50% Damage per Lifted enemy attacked by Operator. Lasts for 60s, stacks up to 4x.
- SLING STUN (Second Ability input)
- Second Ability increases the width of the next Void Sling by 100% and enemies hit are vulnerable to Finishers, taking 30% more finisher damage.
- KILLER’S RUSH
- Initiating a finisher as Operator switches to Warframe, increasing melee Critical chance by 50% for 40s.
- FAR SLING (Passive)
- Increases maximum Void Sling distance by 30%.
- Mind Step remains unchanged.
- Power Spike and Affinity Spike have switched places so that Power Spike is now the starting node.
- Slight increase to Melee Affinity gained from Affinity Spike.
The Vazarin are trained to Counter The Enemy. Those who mastered the Vazarin school maintain constant awareness in order to defend against all aggression.
The Vazarin Focus School aims to now be a proper support School in both life and death.
- 6 new Focus Abilities:
- VOID REGEN
- Void Mode starts healing at +10 Health per second, increasingly by 10 per second up to a maximum of 50.
- SQUAD REGEN
- When Void Regen reaches its maximum, it is applied to Operators within the Affinity Range for 40s.
- VOID SNARE (Second Ability input)
- Second Ability launches a projectile that spins up a vortex trap on impact, or tap Second Ability again to detonate in-flight. Trap lasts 8s. Void Sling through trapped enemies to grant yourself and allies within Affinity Range 100 Health.
- PROTECTIVE SLING
- Allies touched by Void Sling are granted immunity from damage for 5s and healed 60% over 5s for 10 energy cost.
- GUARDIAN SHELL (First Ability input)
- Use First Ability to manifest a barrier on the Operator and allies in Affinity Range. It is invulnerable for 4s when first created and damage inflicted while its invulnerable will be added to its base health of 500.
- GUARDIAN BREAK
- When Guardian Shell breaks, Warframe Shield Regeneration rate is increased by 150% and Regeneration Delay is reduced by 90%, for 8s.
- VOID REGEN
- Enduring Tides and Mending Unity remain unchanged.
- Tweaked Rejuvenating Tides:
- Effect is doubled while controlling your Warframe.
- Why: Additional benefit between using both Warframe and Operator.
- Effect is doubled while controlling your Warframe.
- Tweaked Mending Soul:
- The first 4 Revives are instantaneous. Additional Revives are 100% faster.
- Why: Players would often remark that the ability eventually became useless in longer missions. Mending Soul retains its immediate strengths, but once used up, now offers a more permanent benefit!
- The first 4 Revives are instantaneous. Additional Revives are 100% faster.
Focus Refund & Re-spec
Upon login, all Focus points will need to be re-spec’d. You will be met with 2 types of Focus Refunds in order to execute this:
- All your Focus points will be returned to their respective School.
- I.e. my 5,000,000 Focus points I put into Madurai will be returned to that School for me to freely re-spec how I want.
- Any Focus points you’ve spent on upgrading your Pool capacity will be returned to you in the form of Radiant Eidolon shards via Inbox, which you can convert into Focus points for a School of your choosing.
While re-investing your Focus into the updated Focus Nodes, you might see a difference in Node costs and School costs depending on which Way you follow. Overall, the total Focus required should be very similar (if not slightly cheaper) than the old system, but costs are now standardized across Schools and Nodes. When re-spec’ing, make sure you use your old Pool investment that was refunded via Radiant Shards, as the previous Pool cost has been rolled into the new Node values.
If you had maxed out a School before this update, you should be able to now as well using the re-spec’d Focus points and refunded Radiant Shards — or at least very close to it, as some Schools (ex: Vazarin and Naramon) used to be cheaper than others.
To recap, if you have invested in the Focus system, upon login you will receive an inbox message with the following:
- Focus points from every Focus node you invested in.
- Refunded Brilliant Eidolon Shards
- Based on the number of Way-Bound nodes unlocked.
- Refunded Radiant Eidolon Shards
- Based on the amount of points invested in Pool upgrades.
- (BONUS) 5x Lua Focus Lenses:
- 1x Lua Unairu Lens
- 1x Lua Naramon Lens
- 1x Lua Zenurik Lens
- 1x Lua Vazarin Lens
- 1x Lua Madurai Lens
Operator UI Changes
- The Operator menus now use your custom UI themes.
- Item descriptions now appear on hover on all Menus.
- Selecting ‘Equipment’ and ‘Appearance’ now link to dedicated sections.
- Added Tips to the Focus Menu.
- Added Focus School upgrade notification to the World State Window when one becomes available.
- Amp appearance, Arcane, Focus Lens selection conditionally available upon unlocking an Amp.
- Equipping a Focus Lens on an Amp is now indicated as an icon in its description.
- Hovering over Amps now lists their components and their stats.
- Gilded Amps now have a dedicated icon.
- Added menu icon previews to customization menu.
- Added ability to customize Operator Animation Set regardless of Focus school selection.
- Added ability to randomize colors while customizing Operator appearance.
- Added labels to indicate which abilities affect Warframe and Operator.
- Added visible Waybound menu on each Focus School selection screen once unlocked.
- Added School icon to specific nodes that are Waybound.
- Increased visibility of Focus node selection and Focus node rank up.
- Removed the “hold to unlock” functionality on Focus nodes. Players only need to click on the Node to Upgrade it. This change also removes the ability to partially contribute Focus to a Node as a result.
We have reworked one of our oldest foes in the game: Eximus units! Introduced in Update 12, Eximus units were added as ‘Enemy Leaders,’ meant to bolster their allies with improved stats and support abilities. While that core design intention still rings true, we felt it was time they were given a refresh to bring them up to speed both in terms of their gameplay and their appearance in-game. Dress for success, especially when you’re a top enemy in the field.
We’ve also put together a handy Dev Workshop video that provides a broad overview of the changes listed here:
The main objective of this Eximus Rework is to make them stand out more in battle, both in how they function and in how formidable they are to face against. We aim to achieve this in 2 ways:
- Amplify their threat with increased time-to-kill – accompanied with justifying rewards!
- Enhancing their visual and mechanical functions to be more identifiable in combat.
These two shifts for Eximus units should make them more challenging to kill, but also make their specific threats easier to identify, giving players a more tactical way to evade them.
To amplify the Eximus threat and increase the time-to-kill we’ve made tweaks to their:
- Warframe power resistances – which we are calling Overguard
- Health, Shield, & Armor scaling
Currently, the different Eximus types have slightly different resistances and combat advantages. For instance, Arson Eximus will reduce Fire Damage taken; Leech Eximus will add extra Puncture Damage to its damage dealt. These stat changes are invisible to a player and don’t really have any noticeable impact on gameplay. Instead of keeping unique but forgettable specific resistances to Eximus units, we’re adding a new universal type of Eximus resistance and tweaking the way their Health, Shields & Armor scale across the board to turn them into more formidable adversaries.
Warframe Power Resistance: Introducing Overguard
Eximus units now have a new kind of defense called Overguard, which is a new Health pool on top of their regular stats that a) must be removed before players can take down their Health/Shields, and b) offers additional immunities to the Eximus, making them a priority target in-missions.
While Overguard is active, it will keep Eximus units immune to Warframe crowd control abilities and anything that will stagger, knockdown, stun, mind control, ragdoll, and blind. Additionally, Overguarded enemies will be unaffected by Radiation Status Effects and will be susceptible to a maximum of 4 Cold Status Effects at one time. However, Overguard is particularly susceptible to Void damage (including Xaku’s Xata’s Whisper), which will overall improve the flow and synergy between Warframe and Operator combat flow when engaging with Eximus units. This will encourage you to engage with them more interactively as opposed to easily overpowering them with abilities alone. It should shift the focus of fighting Eximus units to using a mixture of weapons and teamwork, and make Eximus units feel like more of a true threat to Warframes.
Overguard is an additive amount independent of Enemies Health/Shield scaling, and is indicated with a bar overtop of their existing Health/Shields. With the goal of making Eximus units more consistent in terms of difficulty, Overguard will scale by level but will be the same amount across all Eximus enemy types.
Once an Eximus has their Overguard taken out, they will be fully susceptible to crowd control abilities. Once taken out, Overguard does not regenerate! An important note for Hound Companions Null Audit functionality: Hounds will now copy Eximus Auras, as opposed to stealing. If an Eximus with active Overguard is struck by a Hound wielding a copied Eximus ability, they will strip the Eximus’ Overguard by 50%.
Overguard was introduced as a means to make Eximus units feel more formidable, while also providing Tenno a way to crush their defenses with some solid teamwork and concentrated firepower.
With the addition of Overguard, we’ve updated the scope of which abilities are considered to be crowd control. Note that these abilities will still do their intended damage — it is only the crowd-control effect of the abilities that won’t apply while Overguard is present.
- Sevagoth’s Gloom
- Chroma’s Effigy: Sentry
- Xaku’s The Lost
- If Overguard is active, enemies will not be put into aerial Stasis
- No longer changes faction of enemies if immune to Mind Control, such as when Overguard is active
- Note: These changes to The Lost also apply to other Crowd Control Immune enemies
- Garuda’s Seeking Talons
- Mirage’s Sleight of Hand
- Mirage’s Prism
- Khora’s Ensnare
- Volt’s Discharge
- Baruuk’s Lull
- Harrow’s Condemn
- Excalibur’s Radial Blind
- Ivara’s Quiver: Sleep arrow
- Revenant’s Reave
- Revenant’s Mesmer Skin
- Inaros’ Desiccation
- Yareli’s Sea Snares
- Limbo’s Banish
- Eximus ignore the knockdown effect of Banish while Overguard is active, however they can still be sent to the Rift plane regardless of Overguard
- Limbo’s Stasis
Keep in mind that this list is not exhaustive to all Warframe abilities that Overguard is resistant to, simply ones that we are now considering Crowd Control as of this update.
Limbo’s Rift & Eximus
Limbo can still send Eximus to the Rift plane where their damage will be avoided, but Eximus Abilities will now ignore the Rift plane.
- Originally the Workshop listed ‘Limbo’s Rift & Cataclysm’ to now be considered CC, but this was not an accurate description. Limbo can still send Eximus to the Rift plane while Overguard is active.
Overguard: Banshee’s Silence
Banshee’s Silence will now negate any active Eximus abilities and prevent any Eximus abilities from being cast while it is active. Guardian Eximus Shields (and their AOE resistance), Toxin Clouds from Venomous Eximus, or the Arctic Dome from the Arctic Eximus will all be disabled.
- Note: the friendly 90% damage reduction Aura from Guardian Eximus, and the Arctic Eximus slow aura will not be disabled by Silence (This may be subject to change!)
Overguard: Ancient Healers
Currently, Ancient Healers provide a 90% damage reduction to their allies in range and increased resistance to crowd control abilities. Visually, this is only indicated by a pulsing glow on buffed enemies in range. This is often confusing if you don’t already know that the crowd control resistance and damage reduction is being applied from Ancient Healers.
We have changed Ancient Healers to provide allies in range with Overguard that is applied at 9x their overall Health. This value simply matches the current level of damage reduction and crowd control resistance provided by Ancient Healers, but with Overguard it will now provide a clear visual indicator that the enemies are being boosted by their Ancient ally!
Overguard can be taken out on enemies bolstered by Ancient Healers through a few different ways:
- Dealing damage to Overguard
- Killing the Ancient Healer providing Overguard
- Drawing them out of range from the Ancient Healer
- Currently, any enemy that receives an Overguard buff from an Ancient Healer is one time only, they cannot receive Overguard again when back in range or from a new enemy Healer.
Unlike Ancient Healer Eximus, non-Eximus Ancient Healers provide Overguard to allies in range but do not have it themselves. Overguard from Ancient Healers will not apply and stack with innate Eximus Overguard. Also, friendly Ancient Healers (such as Specters) will not be providing Overguard on players in this rework, but this functionality may come in a future update!
Health, Shield & Armor scaling
Health, Shields, and Armor for Eximus now all scale faster at higher levels up to a point, where it eventually flattens out and doesn’t scale exponentially, giving them a boost to their overall tankiness. Our intent here is to give a slight boost to enemies like Butchers more than Heavy Gunners, and to make difficulty more consistent across enemy types. A Heavy Gunner will still be tougher than a Butcher might be, but the gap between the two will be much closer than if it was affected by a traditional flat multiplier. Across the board, this should make the difficulty of any given Eximus more consistent regardless of enemy type. Note these changes are only for Eximus units, their regular counterparts will retain the same scaling tech.
Armor will also have a similar method of scaling, by boosting low-armored enemies more than high-armored enemies it will help close that difficulty gap between enemy types. For enemies without Armor, they will get additional Health and Shields outside of the regular Eximus scaling to compensate.
As a result, Eximus overall should feel beefier, scale faster at a higher level, and be more consistent across different enemy types.
Visual & Mechanical Enhancements:
We also want to make Eximus stand out more, so we gave unique visual identifiers for each type of Eximus! They now each have their own blend of distinct audio and visual FX that will help you identify them more easily in combat, and also give you a better way to recognize their Eximus type and tactically evade their abilities. As a general note for Eximus, they will only spawn their Eximus effect once they’ve been alerted to combat. For those Tenno that prefer stealth gameplay, this is a great opportunity to get a stealth finisher on an unalerted Eximus to take them out before they pose a threat.
Supported Eximus Type per Faction:
We’ve made changes to widen the eligibility pool of certain Eximus types – all with supporting casting animations:
General Pool for all Factions: Arctic, Blitz, Energy Leech, Leech, and Shock
Corpus Specific: Guardian
Grineer Specific: Arson
Infested Specific: Venomous
Corrupted versions will use the same pools as their original faction (so Corrupted Ancients could use Venomous, and Corrupted Lancer could use Arson). Additionally, Roller Eximus will now be available as only Energy Leech or Health Leech Eximus due to gameplay functionality.
Archwing Eximus units will not receive Overguard. It is mainly being excluded because Archwing combat is more limited in the ways that you’d be able to take out Overguard. Archwing gear itself does slightly less damage than its ground counterpart and has a smaller pool of crowd control abilities. Overall, we believe it to be a better fit to simply update the Eximus abilities and effects, but leave Overguard for the ground Eximus.
New Eximus Mercy Functionality
As a part of the Eximus Rework, we have also updated the condition to Mercy Kill certain Eximus that did not have this in the past!
Here is a list of the new Eximus types that can be finished with Mercy Kills:
- Mutalist MOA’s
- Amalgam MOA’s
- Deimos Carnis
- Embattor MOA’s
- Amalgam Heqit
- Amalgam Machinist
In addition, we have fixed all Crawler Eximus units so they can now cast their respective Eximus abilities! Watch out for your toes, Tenno.
Below is a list of each Eximus type and a comparison of their current vs reworked versions:
BLITZ / VOLATILE
A Seismic Shockwave knockdown with short range.
Blitz Eximus units now summon a frontal chain Blast attack by slamming their fist into the ground, applying a knockdown and Blast Status Effect. This Blast attack is signaled by an audio cue and FX of the oncoming Blast erupting from below.
Blitz Eximus units are now covered in crackling energy, with the addition of small staggered explosions coming from their limbs.
ENERGY LEECH / PARASITIC
An invisible aura that drains Energy over time.
Energy Leech and Parasitic Eximus units now periodically spawn an Energy Leech Zone near the player. The Energy Leech Zone is detonated within seconds, draining a large amount of Energy if not tactically avoided. This Zone is identified by an expanding energy zone and audible cue on placement & detonation.
Energy Leech and Parasitic Eximus units now appear shrouded in Void-like energy, manifesting in short tendrils swirling from their body. The Energy Leech Zone spawns with a matching energy style and appearance before imploding in a burst.
ARSON / CAUSTIC
A concussive Fire Blast attack that knockdowns and damages enemies caught in its wake.
Arson Eximus units maintain a Fire Blast attack, but you can now counter the Fire Blast by simply rolling through it to negate its oncoming effect. However, Damage is now higher along with a forced Heat Status Effect when struck.
Arson Eximus units are now completely engulfed in roaring flames. They occasionally send out these deadly flames in all directions as a slow rolling burst. The Fire Blast attack has been visually refreshed to not only match the fire FX engulfing the Eximus unit, but also to represent a “roaring wave” of fire as opposed to a blinding wall.
A radial shield charge pulse for allied enemies in range.
Guardian Eximus now provide significant damage reduction to its allies (your enemies!), which is indicated by a collection of smaller shields circling around them.The Guardian Eximus units have 3 rotating shields that fully block incoming damage on themselves, and also create a similar visual effect on nearby allies that applies a Damage Reduction buff on them. This damage reduction does not affect VIP enemies such as Demolysts, Capture targets, or Bosses, and does not stack with other friendly Guardian Eximus. However, it will affect other Eximus units within a range! Additionally, Guardian Eximus will only spawn their Shields when alerted. For the stealthy Tenno, sneak up on them and use a finisher before their defenses are up!
Important Note on Guardian Eximus related to AOE attacks:
Guardian eximus shields are immune to punch through, and Guardians have very high resistance to AOE damage for themself. Units protected by the Guardian’s aura are not immune to punch through nor do they have any special resistance to AOE, just the generic 90% resistance to everything.
Guardian Eximus units now exhibit 3 large blue rotating shields. These shields have visible gaps between them, offering multiple opportunity windows to shoot your foe. Allies with Overguard applied now display a simpler version of the shields with similar rendering but with a different shape to avoid confusion. The smaller shields on buffed allies do not physically block damage like their Eximus counterpart, but act as a visual indicator that Damage reduction is being applied.
Corpus Guardian Eximus exclusion: Ospreys
We are omitting Corpus Ospreys from Guardian Eximus eligibility for a couple reasons. With their impenetrable rotating shields, Guardian Eximus are more susceptible to melee attacks – which are far trickier to land on flying Ospreys. Similarly, Mercy attacks are one of the best ways to take down an Eximus, which can’t be executed on Ospreys. Simply put, we felt having Ospreys as Guardian Eximus felt too challenging without the familiar takedown tactics available.
ARCTIC / FROZEN
A large protective globe of ice.
The globe does the job already!
LEECH / SANGUINE
Life steal from player on damage, but this is negligible due to the scale of Player vs enemy Health.
Similar to their Energy counterparts, Leech Eximus now spawn Health Leech Zones which tick away at your Health shortly after spawning, healing nearby enemies. Players need to avoid the Zones to avoid the effect!
Leech Eximus units glow red with a pulsing vortex of energy generated from its core. The Eximus sends out a small zone of the same energy which quickly pulses as it drains a portion of your Health. Killing the Eximus or downing it into a Mercy state will disrupt any active health leech zones.
SHOCK / BIO-ELECTRIC (new)
We have added a new Eximus variant by allowing Infested enemies to now become imbued with electric energy! Introducing: Bio-Electric Eximus, the newest Infested Eximus threatens to shock any Tenno to their senses if they fail to evade the Infested Eximus or their lethal homing electric orbs.
A small electrical Damage Over Time area. This is difficult to notice until hit with an Electric Status Effect.
Shock Eximus/Bio-Electric Eximus spawn 3 electrical orbs that will hover in place for a few seconds, dealing increasing electrical damage around the Eximus before being released and homing in on the Player. The damage from these electrical orbs scale with level and deal sustained electric damage when chained to you, but no longer deal an Electric Status Effect. Killing the Eximus or putting it into a Mercy state will destroy any active Orbs.
Shock Eximus have mini versions of the electrical orbs orbiting around them, while they also appear to be covered and crackling with electricity.
A small Toxin area. Similar to shock Eximus, but Toxin damage is more lethal since it lingers on players.
Venomous Eximus units become surrounded by a swirling volume of Toxic gas upon being alerted. Coming into contact with the gas will inflict a Toxin Status Effect. Now, only enemy melee units can become venomous Eximus units. Stay clear of their impending noxious fumes!
Venomous Eximus are tightly shrouded in toxic fumes. Upon being alerted, these fumes expand into a zone surrounding the Eximus in a deadly haze.
To accompany the increased threat from Eximus units, we’ve further boosted the Affinity gained from killing them by +200%. Additionally, Eximus units now drop Credits and Endo at an increased rate. This will consistently scale as well for their Steel Path counterparts on top of the usual rare chance of a Riven Sliver!
- Considering Eximus enemies are now more formidable, that strength is amplified when encountering Eximus units in a pack. To help counter that in different parts of Warframe we’ve made the following changes:
- There will be 50% less Eximus on ‘Eximus Stronghold’ Sortie conditions
- Syndicate Death Squad/Platoon sizes have been reduced:
- -1 of disfavor Squads reduced from 5-10 to 3-5
- -2 of disfavor Platoons reduced from 10-15 to 5-7
- We have increased the drop chance of Eximus Specter blueprints dropping from Syndicate Death Squads in light of the size reduction.
- Additionally, we have greatly reduced the additional Health and Shields these Units receive
- Syndicate Exmus Specters have also had their respective Eximus type updated: Here are the following Eximus Specters and Type:
- Ancient Healer Eximus: Volatile
- Charger Eximus: Venomous
- MOA Eximus: Arctic
- Corruper Lancer: Arson
- Roller Eximus: Energy Leech
- Shield Osprey Eximus: Shock
- Warden Eximus units in Rescue missions have not received these new Eximus upgrades, to ensure they are just as easy to stealthily remove as before.
Caution Tenno, there’s a heavy unit approaching…
New Player Experience: Quality Of Life Changes
- Completing the Heart of Deimos quest will now reward you with the Voidrig Blueprint, Voidrig Weapon Blueprint, Voidrig Capsule Blueprint, Voidrig Engine Blueprint, and Voidrig Casing Blueprint in the post-quest Inbox.
- As a follow up to our Necramech Drop Rate & Crafting Cost Changes from Update 30.9.0, we wanted to add another way to set up players for success as they continue their journey to The New War and other content that requires a Necramech to participate.
- For those who have already completed the Heart of Deimos quest prior to this update, these Blueprints will also be retroactively sent via Inbox. We will also be running an Alert on all platforms that rewards 4 Orokin Animus Matrices. More information on that here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1305860-orokin-animus-matrices-alert/
- Junction Changes:
- Removed the ‘Craft a Warframe Specter’ from the Europa Junction Task list.
- In an effort to help players move through the Star Chart, we removed the 8 hour Specter-crafting time gate that this task created.
- Reduced the ‘Open Meso Void Relics’ Uranus Junction task from 3 to 1 in the Uranus Junction.
- Reduced the ‘Scan Cephalon Fragments on Mars’ Phobos Junction task from 3 to 1.
- Removed the ‘Craft a Warframe Specter’ from the Europa Junction Task list.
Clan Recruitment Changes
Do you hear that Tenno? Maroo is calling. She’s got some great intel on where to find new Clan members. We have added some new features to Clan recruitment to supplement finding Clans and attracting new members.
Clans can now post ads by visiting Maroo in her Bazaar or accessing their Clan Menu and paying Maroo an administrative fee using resources from your Clan Vault. Each week, Maroo will be in need of a different resource for her own ‘endeavors’ and in exchange she will put the word out for you. These ads will appear in the updated Clan Menu under ‘Search for Clan’.
Clans can leave a brief description about their Clan’s interests and also add flags to help prospective members filter ads. These flags include:
- Beginner Friendly
- High MR Requirement
- Regular Login Requirement
- Max Research Complete
- Decorated Dojo
- Competitive Event Focus
- Endurance Run Squads
- Fashion Frame
- Has Discord
- Multiple Languages
Clan ads are displayed for 8 hours and then expire. During this time, prospective members can apply for a Clan and send a message to anyone with the new ‘Advertiser’ role for review and approval. If your Clan reaches maximum member capacity while your ad is live then your ad will be hidden until it expires or if you are no longer at capacity. If you apply to multiple Clans, then the first Clan to accept you will be your new family and all other applications will be immediately withdrawn.
Like many other areas where you are able to provide a custom message, players can report a Clan ad if it violates any of our Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, or leads to any form of discrimination or harassment of other players. Recruit to your heart’s content, Tenno, but as always we ask that you keep Warframe a welcoming space for all.
This new feature is not meant to replace the ways that Tenno connect, but rather add a streamlined avenue to find and connect with others. For more on this feature, please read our post here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1305861-additional-clan-recruitment-tools/
A new Decoration has arrived and we are crawling with excitement. Nidus’ Maggot is now available in the Market as a Decoration for your Orbiter. You can adopt this adorable Infested creeper today and watch as it scuttles around. When we released Nidus Prime Access back on September 8th, 2021 we had originally hoped to include the prime versions of his Infested creepers as an additional ship Decoration.
For those Tenno who purchased the Parasitic Link Pack, Ravenous Pack, and Nidus Prime Accessories Pack on PC, we will be delivering by script the Prime version of Nidus’ Maggot. Due to how Prime Access & Prime Accessories are offered on consoles, to ensure parity those who purchased the Parasitic Link or Prime Accessories will receive 1 Prime Maggot and those who purchased the Ravenous Pack will receive 2 Prime Maggots via this script. These packs will also be updated for future purchases to include the Prime Maggot Decoration.
Audio Reverb Changes:
Our sound team has made several changes to reverb across the game thanks to a new system! This nifty new tech automatically places reverb in level zones instead of the hand placing that used to happen in every tile. This allows us to get better results because it takes into account area size and area materials. It also includes preset reverb containers that can have more types of reverb that are better suited to each area.
For example: A small, narrow vent space that opens to a small room that then opens to a larger room can each have their own custom reverb based on the size and material type of each room. Instead of hand placing each of the three reverbs, the engine is now smart enough to take into account each of the rooms automatically. This allows for greater specificity because it measures the size of each room.
This also has a performance benefit, as it enables only the required reverb sample to be loaded as needed, instead of loading all of them when a level first loads. This ultimately saves memory and allows the levels to load a bit faster!
- Added ‘Hair Z’ customization for a Spoiler character from The New War quest.
- This hair has been re-added after needing to go through some rigorous quality checks, as previously mentioned here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1292278-missing-a-drifter-hairstyle-still/?do=findComment&comment=12375732
- Added the ability to preview UI themes, backgrounds, and sounds in the in-game Market whenever they are sold in a bundle.
- Selecting them will apply the theme/background/sound to the Market diorama while it is active to get a preview of it.
- Added ‘The New War Firepower Pack’ to the in-game Market!
- This pack includes everything a Tenno needs to enter the fray in The New War. Instantly bolster your arsenal with the firepower of a Railjack and a Voidrig Necramech.
- The Options icons have a new look!
- The Resource Extractor selection pop up has a new look and now takes on themes:
- Item descriptions are now always visible in the top right corner of the Arsenal when previewing/selecting.
- Moved mission countdown timer to always be in front of voting buttons to avoid accidentally leaving squad.
- Updated icons for ‘Limited Time’ and ‘New’.
- Added banners behind these icons as well.
- Made improvements to performance for anything that uses tags (labels on grid items).
- The Events tab icon in Navigation will now rotate between the icons of all live Events.
- Updated remaining areas in-game to use capitalization.
- Reduced the width of the Captura menu.
- This is a continuation of broader efforts for on-going improvements to the captura menu
- Improved legibility in Landing Craft customization screen when using a lighter UI theme or the Lunar Renewal theme.
- Dojo Decoration Screen changes:
- Added 3D preview to Decoration elements selection screen.
- Dojo Decoration info now displays the number of unfunded decos of the same type currently placed.
- Changed “Add Decoration” label to “Move Decoration” when selecting an already placed Decoration.
- Chat linking currently Vaulted Relics will now state that they are Vaulted the way they are in the Codex.
- It will now say “This Relic is in the Prime Vault” when chat-linked.
- Vaulted Relics will also now be described as such in the ‘Drop Sources’ description when hovering over a Relic in the Relic management screen.
Plains of Eidolon Thumper Changes & Fixes:
- Made improvements to Plains Thumper movement.
- Changed post-New War quest Plains of Eidolon Thumpers to have quest-specific detailing during specific bounties.
- Added a burn projector on the Thumper’s legs once the weak point is destroyed.
- Plains Thumpers now turn more slowly when adjusting to face their target.
- Plains Thumper ground thump attack now has more time spacing between shockwaves.
- Changed Plains Thumper cannon attack to better select enemies at range.
- Fixed Plains Thumper random speed increase.
- Fixed issue with Plains Thumper that would leave it suspended in the air after performing a charge attack.
- Fixed Plains Thumper cannon and shotgun turret attack consistency.
DirectX 12 Performance and Optimizations:
Ongoing work continues on our DirectX12 render mode!
In this update, DirectX 12 runs up to 25% faster than it used to for high performance PCs. Most modern systems will run the game in DirectX 12 mode significantly faster than DirectX 11!
Comparing the same scene across different versions of the game to compare how the rendering modes compare:
- New War DX11: 110 fps
- New War DX12: 141 fps
- Angels of Zariman DX12: 177 fps
The system that was used for the above testing results: Ryzen 5600X, Radeon 6900XT; 1080p Enhanced renderer with all details at maximum.
A significant memory optimization was also made, and DX12 now uses up to 200 megabytes less memory than it did previously (especially relevant for players on laptops where the memory is shared).
- Made several optimizations to the Infested Ship tileset.
- Made several matchmaking improvements that addressed some rare cases where you’d try to join a full session, only to fail while connecting. In some others, it would fail to join a session that didn’t have 4 players yet.
- Made micro-optimizations to light rendering.
- Optimized moving over Energy colors in palettes.
- Made optimizations to dynamic lighting that might occur in rare cases.
- Made micro-optimizations to memory usage on all platforms.
- Made small optimizations to texture streaming for DirectX12 on PC that may help with rare crashes.
- Made systemic optimizations to memory footprint.
- Made performance improvements to cloaking/invisibility FX.
- Optimized textures by decreasing unnecessarily large ones.
- Slightly improved ship performance for players who have a lot of Noggles.
- Optimized spot-load detector to not cause further spot-loading.
- Optimized script testing.
- Reduced memory requirements for our largest levels.
- Made micro-optimizations to the Mini-map.
- Made memory optimizations on all platforms.
- Optimized Protovyre Apex Ephemera FX script.
- Made optimizations to deleting and saving Warframe loadouts.
- Improved lighting performance on Gauss’ Thermal Sunder.
- Made small optimizations to Void Relic management screens.
- Made general micro-optimization.
- Fixed heavy spot loading at end of mission when owning a Necramech without the Necramech Summon equipped in gear wheel.
- Fixed a noticeable hitch when casting Ash’s Bladestorm with the Ash Shroud Skin equipped.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading the game or certain levels while using the Enhanced graphics engine with DirectX 12.
- Fixed driver crashes that could occur in DirectX 12 on PC.
- Fixed significant GPU performance hits when Malice uses Magnetize on a player.
- Fixed noticeable spot loading when previewing/selecting different Companions in the Arsenal.
- Fixed significant spot loading issue with the Null Audit mod when equipped on Hound companion.
- Fixed crash when toggling Enhanced Graphics on/off with Dx12 enabled.
- You can now zoom in and out of your Warframe while customizing their Appearance in the Arsenal!
- For Keyboard & Mouse users: Scroll with mouse wheel, click and drag to move up/down.
- For Controller users:
- R stick up/down = zoom
- R stick left/right = spin
- Wherever your cursor is height wise on the screen is where it will zoom into, you can move up and down using cursor and right stick in up position.
- Here by popular request, we have added a confirmation prompt to the ‘Randomize’ button when randomizing in the Arsenal!
- Nova’s Null Star will no longer launch projectiles at enemies which are dead or downed (ex: disabled Bursas, downed Hounds/Thralls). This is to prevent wasting charges.
- Challenges have been moved to a new button in the pause menu that is accessible while in mission. Selecting that button will open a screen that shows the state of your currently available challenges, including Nightwave, Evolution (Protovyre, etc.), Riven, and Account. There is also a tab for completed challenges!
- Added a cap of 200 for Companion Imprints. Imprints can also be sold from Inventory for Credits.
- The cap was added to prevent the game from crashing due to having a large amount of Imprints. If you have over 200 Imprints, you will be required to sell Imprints through your Inventory before creating new Imprints.
- Players who are over their Riven Capacity can now offer a Riven mod for Trade.
- Previously, you were unable to offer any Rivens for Trade if you were over capacity. Now, you can offer a Riven mod when at capacity, but will continue to not be able to receive a Riven via trade when at capacity as it cannot be exceeded.
- Grenade changes:
- Grenade AOEs are now telegraphed! Once they have made contact with a surface, their detonation radius is now indicated.
- Grenades will no longer ignore cover, meaning it will no longer deal punchthrough damage if you are behind cover.
- Reduced damage radius of Grenades.
- Arcane descriptions now include what they can be equipped on.
- Mastery Rank 30 test changes:
- Increased the Life Support pickups from 10% to 20% in the Master Rank 30 test.
- Lowered the levels of the Eximus units that spawn in the test due to the Eximus changes making them a more formidable opponent.
- Changed the ‘Mad Lab’ Nightwave challenge description to clarify how to complete it. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1305299-mad-lab-nightwave-challenge/comment-12484248?ct=1650926232
- Operator Heads and Hair Styles now have names!
- The in-game Market will now dynamically change to show you recommended items. This is still in its experimental phase – more to potentially come!
- Claiming a Glyph via the in-game Market using a code will now show a preview of it in the confirmation popup.
- Enemies that are not affected by CC can now be armor stripped by Banshee’s Sonic Boom, Xaku’s Gaze, and Ember’s Fire Blast.
- Converted the materials on Moas to PBR.
- Updated icons for the ‘Limited Time’ and ‘New’ items in the in-game Market.
- Smoothed out the cloth movement sounds on a certain important character in The New War quest that starts with the letter “D”.
- Updated the Cambion Drift weather spores to rotate in a bit more of an interesting motion.
- Twitch Drop inbox messages are now sent by the Primed vendor Varzia – a task for another noble Dax!
- We have updated certain Warframe abilities to now affect allied NPCs! In the past, these abilities used to work to varying degrees of effectiveness, we now fixed some lingering issues with each of the abilities and they should be far more effective at assisting these allies in mission.
- Changed the following Warframe Abilities to work on friendly NPCSs (Kavor Defectors,
- Cetus & Orb Vallis Drones, Specters, Companions, & Rescue Targets):
- Nova’s Portal
- Wisp’s Reservoirs
- Volt’s Speed
- Zephyr’s Jet Stream Augment
- Reduced arm and hand animation movement when using secondaries.
- Made adjustments to the proximity volume for Conservation targets.
- Improved Friendly NPCs ability to shoot at targets slightly behind cover.
- Slightly adjusted lighting exposure in Dojos and added more fog.
- Made adjustments to ‘press x to Hack’ overlay in Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Added sounds to Arcane selection in the Mod Screen.
- Made Sentient red crystal ambient audio in the Murex exclusive to The New War Quest.
- Changed Operator Heterochromia Eye color options to be default opt-in.
- Adjusted fog in Sentient tilesets.
- Updated dialogue timing during Dinner Scene in The New War.
- Fixed some areas in the Grineer Sealab tileset to prevent out of bounds issues.
- Updated statues onboard a Ship during The New War Quest.
- Updated line of Vay Hek dialogue that was missing an effect.
- Improved audio syncing in a cinematic in The New War Quest.
- Made updates to Murex floor FX in the New War Quest.
- Updated Plague Star Icon and Icon colors to be more legible when the event is running (no plans currently).
- Added ambient FX to Sentient Murex tileset.
- Made slight tweaks to beam length FX.
- Made many lighting updates in the Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Updated lighting in Tyl Regor Assasination mission extraction.
- Added animation functionality for Caliban’s Sentient Wrath while using Razor Gyre.
- Made visual improvements to enhance blowing & falling sand in Mars missions.
- Reworked Excavator landing FX.
- Updated materials for Metal textures found in Grineer Tilesets.
- Reworked Orokin Death Orb visual FX.
- Added sleep reaction animations to Infested Crawlers.
- Made improvements to Lens flare visibility.
- Added missing icon to Maharliqa Syandana on Steam.
- Updated Arcane buff FX.
- Improved visibility of the Peach Blossom Ephemera when equipped with darker colors.
- Made lighting updates to the Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Updated textures to increase brightness of the top section of the Laprosys Syandana, as per artist request.
- Converted certain attachments on Grineer enemies to PBR.
- Changed tubes in the Kuva Fortress to be more transparent.
- Made it impossible for enemies to be able to detonate/shoot down player explosive projectiles (Ogris for example).
- Prior to this change, while rare, it was possible for enemies to shoot down explosives and cause damage to players/objectives. Given that this was essentially unpredictable and unavoidable, we have removed the ability for enemies to do so.
- Elemental FX will now update while rolling over colors in the Arsenal.
- Mission faction and type are now always capitalized in the Navigation panel.
- Changed Grendel’s Nian Skin icon to match the positioning of the other Grendel skins.
- Improved removal of projectile FX if it does not hit anything.
- Made improvements to Beam FX rendering.
- Updated and tweaked Grineer model materials and improved their visibility in darker areas.
- Changed intervals for pain grunts when taking damage on Spoiler character in the New War.
- Removed a pain grunt that is triggered in Operator form when taking fall damage.
- Added Laser animation to Dethcube Swift Deth Precept Mod.
- Updated lighting in Uranus tileset.
- Made improvements to the FX of Weapon trails.
- Made improvements to how shiny the Grineer eyes are.
- Made adjustments to the interior of a Colony Ship in the New War Quest for consistency.
- Inaros’ Sand Shadows base lifespan are now affected by Duration mods.
- Updated the lighting on materials for a Spoiler Character/Operators.
- Updated and improved the look of the icon that appears when hovering over a certain Camp node in Navigation.
- Fixed transference range for Operator into Necramech not being limited by distance.
- Fixed Nightwave Menu creating unintended endless mission in Rathuum.
- Fixed resources spawning out of reach under the downed Condrix in the post-New War Plains of Eidolon.
- Fixed Bounty Drone spawning under terrain in post-New War Plains of Eidolon.
- Fixed banner projectile collision during The New War Quest.
- Fixed last gem not displaying correct color during ‘On Praghasa’ in The New War Quest.
- Fixed Veso’s allied Corpus Units appearing in the Codex as they cannot be scanned.
- Fixed flames appearing too far off the ground during Khal’s mission in The New War Quest.
- Fixed previewing new skin on a spoiler character after The New War Quest not swapping to previous selection when using controller.
- Fixed broken spawn trigger when first using Teshin’s Glaive and traversing gaps during ‘For My Brothers’ in the New War quest.
- Fixed Kahl & Veso being able to parry with their melee weapons.
- Fixed unnecessary window flickering in Veso boss arena during The New War Quest.
- Fixed bad visual VFX when using the Protovyre Ephemera with a spoiler character in The New War Quest.
- Fixed lingering screenshake if you failed to remove the mask during The New War Quest.
- Fixed Boss teleport ability using incorrect FX in the New War Quest.
- Fixed error with script during a quest fight in The New War that caused issues with Railjack Missions.
- Fixed Landing Craft teleporter not transporting when rolling in Post-New War Quest area.
- Fixed Clients being locked out of Lephantis boss fight if host migration occurs pre-fight.
- Fixed a hole in the Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Fixed the lack of collision on a few rocks in the Earth interception tileset.
- Fixed enemies ragdolling prematurely on Skana stealth finishers.
- Fixed Mirage Oneiro Animation Set not displaying correct idle bow position.
- Fixed Yareli not being able to activate Infested Salvage vaporizer while riding Merulina.
- Fixed Friendly NPCs not having line of sight consistent with their eye direction while taking cover.
- Fixed lighting issue on Gas City tileset.
- Fixed Nova’s jets flickering upon changing loadout.
- Fixed Grineer Sealab doorway entrance showing skybox.
- Fixed Bloodshed sigil fully appearing when entering Operator mode while using Excalibur Umbra.
- Fixed Client crash related to Post-New War cosmetics when launching a mission in a squad.
- Fixed Caliban’s Sentient Wrath ability not being audible while using Razor Gyre.
- Fixed Test tubes not breaking for host & client in Alad V’s secret lab.
- Fixed Slash damage slowing over time when the Host isn’t looking at enemies.
- Fixed Crash occurring from script error while viewing the Tactical Menu in Railjack and attempting to close the game.
- Fixed Kuva Liches throwing players out of the level with the Leash ability.
- Fixed improper visual movement speeds when NPCs have a speed buff.
- Fixed Emblem placement on many Warframes to prevent floating or clipping.
- Fixed stuttering in floating Scintillant animation.
- Fixed rare issue of Breach Surge’s teleportation not being available after being revived.
- Fixed Korumm using Vaykor Sydon VFX and HUD icons when blocking.
- Fixed Juno Comba Codex scans appearing as their Eximus counterparts.
- Fixed Mission voting text appearing off screen when in a full squad.
- Fixed Alad V transmission appearing as Mutalist Alad V during Second Dream quest.
- Fixed being unable to do tricks on K-Drive after holding aim and not indicating direction at the start of a jump.
- Fixed Operator head flipping in animation during double jump. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/s60nej/come_on_de_i_just_wanted_a_sweet_black_widow
- Fixed camera offset issues on K-Drive if no secondary was equipped in your loadout.
- Fixed rendering on Corposant Prime Ephemera to look better when equipped on Operators.
- Fixed K-Drives not doing tricks when using a secondary.
- Fixed option to equip the Sirocco Amp skin on the Sirocco Amp.
- Fixed issue where boarding K-Drive or toggling secondary will force the aim button.
- Fixed script error caused by a NPC not spawning properly when a client joins a mission in progress.
- Fixed Blodgard Heavy Blade Skin secondary energy colors appearing black.
- Fixed Sirocco Amp detaching from the Operator arm on Codex scanner equip.
- Fixed Script error related to Vauban’s Tether Coil.
- Fixed Blodgard Heavy Blade skin staying in your hand when switching weapons in the Arsenal.
- Fixed rare FX issue.
- Fixed Hydroid’s Tidal Impunity Augment Energy cost reduction not applying on the second and following casts.
- Fixed the ‘Bloodthirsty’ Nighwave Act not tracking progress for Clients.
- Fixed melee ground slams for the ‘Death From Above’ Nightwave Act tracking inconsistently across weapons.
- Fixed the ‘Rise of the Machine’ Nightwave Act not resetting when Necramech is destroyed.
- Fixed the ‘Loyalty’ Nightwave Act not rewarding 4,500 Standing when completed.
- Fixed Client not getting Nightwave Act complete popup after completing the ‘Topping off the Tank’ Act.
- Fixed only 1 player being able to complete the ‘Mad Lab’ Nightwave Act in a squad.
- Also fixed this for other Acts that require items to be collected.
- Fixed not being rewarded Nightwave Standing after completing an Act until you complete a mission afterwards.
- Fixed progress not saving for the Nightwave ‘Antiquarian’ Act if you complete missions solo where there are no reward select screens (Capture, Rescue, etc.).
- Fixed the Nightwave progress UI not disappearing for Clients after making progress or completing the ‘Night and Day’ Act.
- Fixed the Surging Blades Augment allowing the use of regular weapons during Hildryn’s Aegis Storm when used on a Helminth-infused Hildryn.
- Also fixed with the following abilities when they were deactivated normally (e.g. when duration runs out):
- Nezha’s Fire Walker
- Nyx’s Mind Control
- Xaku’s Xata’s Whisper
- Yareli’s Aquablades
- Helminth Energized Munitions
- Helminth Marked for Death
- Helminth Parasitic Armor
- Also fixed with the following abilities when they were deactivated normally (e.g. when duration runs out):
- Fixed being unable to change Sigils and Ephemeras in the Arsenal during the New War quest replay, leading to problems.
- We have re-enabled this option, but Sigils and Ephemeras may be hidden in certain cinematics to avoid issues.
- Fixed weapons being unreachable after being disarmed by a Drahk Master upon casting Yareli’s Riptide while being disarmed.
- Fixed the Blodgard Heavy Blade skin clipping into left hand.
- Fixed various default transmissions playing while The New War quest is active while back on the Orbiter.
- Fixed inbox messages being sent by Lotus showing as a post-New War character instead.
- Fixed the innate damage bonus of Kuva/Tenet projectile weapons not applying the bonus damage from Galvanized Aptitude.
- Fixed crash related to the Necramech Summon Gear.
- Fixed the following weapon icons not being angled the same as others:
- Gorgon Towsun Skin
- Opticor Elixis Skin
- Paracyst Zebra Skin
- And many more
- Fixed getting weapon stuck to hand if you equip a skin on a melee that has an opposite grip type (for ex: Greatsword skin on an axe or vice versa).
- Fixed clones spawned by Shadows of the Dead not teleporting back to Nekros when they are too far.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when loading between levels.
- Fixed the Dark Split Sword (Dual Blades weapon type) being able to equip holster styles from various other weapon types.
- Fixed being able to see your standing Operator during landing cinematic when loading into a mission.
- Fixed auto pickups (Energy pickups, Mods, and anything you only need to move into to pick up) not being picked up while in midair.
- Fixed Clan Rank box going blank when it’s time for your Clan’s Ascension ceremony. ‘Ascension available’ will now appear.
- Fixed script error when entering custom obstacle Dojo course as Client when a player has the Protovyre Armor equipped.
- Fixed the input icons and labels being hard to read in the Silver Grove quest diorama.
- Fixed the Lumis and Zenoriu Earpieces not aligning on a post-New War character’s ear.
- Fixed the Magus Destruct Arcane increasing enemy resistance to Puncture damage, not decreasing like intended.
- Fixed Nef Anyo’s transmission model in the final mission of the Vox Solaris quest having a purple hue and white eyes.
- Fixed incorrect icon sizing for the following icons:
- Dual Cestra Shock-Camo Skin
- Grakata Day of the Dead Skin
- All Towsun Skins
- Fixed crash upon joining an Excavation stage in the Orb Vallis Bounties before the last Excavator is destroyed or completed.
- Fixed the Ability Banner on-cast showing Teshin’s “Orvius Reach” as “Rip Line” in the New War quest.
- Fixed broken UI in the Operator Menu when accessed via the pause menu in Cetus.
- Fixed crash when loading into a mission that has no Warframe and only an Operator (i.e. certain quests).
- Fixed collision issues in the Corpus Gascity tileset that could allow you to jump out of the map.
- Fixed Quick Thinking damage ejecting players from Yareli’s Merulina.
- This also fixes getting kicked off other vehicles when you are at 2hp and take any damage (even shield only) despite having Quick Thinking equipped.
- Fixed opening the progress screen for a Decoration in the Dojo resetting the timer countdown instead of ticking away in the background.
- Fixed red and blue outlines appearing on certain textures, especially in the Orbiter, Reactor Room in the Dojo, and some rooms in the Vesper Relay.
- Fixed Zephyr Jet Stream not applying its movement and attack speed buffs when using Turbulence.
- Fixed script error related to Zephyr’s Turbulence.
- Fixed all 4 squad members seeing inconsistent end of mission achievements (opened x lockers, hacked x consoles, etc.).
- Fixed the Corvas Prime gain being too loud.
- Fixed script error related to Railjack’s Command Link intrinsic Fast Travel.
- Fixed players being able to get out of bounds in one of the Orokin Moon tileset’s spawn rooms.
- Fixed getting stuck forever in The War Within quest after falling off the side of the mountain pass cliff.
- Fixed a script error related to the Maw in the War Within quest.
- Fixed floating Operator hair and projection VFX in the final stage of The War Within quest.
- Fixed white explosions in Ambulas and Grineer Dropships debris FX.
- Fixed Garuda/Garuda Prime’s Talon colors not being saved in other Appearance Slots other than A.
- Fixed Warframe Health stats not updating in the Arsenal when equipping the Physique Aura Mod.
- Fixed being able to benefit endlessly from Inaros’ Sandstorm without spinning by emoting while active.
- Fixed Railjack mission countdown not proceeding if player leaves squad when all other votes are in.
- When a player leaves the Railjack mission during this countdown, votes now will be reset.
- Fixed Reservoirs not changing to Dex Wisp’s default colors when equipped.
- Fixed script error related to Atlas’ Rumblers.
- Fixed Garuda/Garuda Prime’s passive damage boost values in HUD alternating between other squad members also playing as her, resulting in incorrect values.
- More fixes towards the ‘Don’t Be Afraid Poster’ showing up backwards in the diorama.
- Fixed the Combat Reload Mod buffs not working for Clients.
- Fixed Lull not refreshing on normal kills when Client activates Baruuk’s Lull ability with the Endless Lullaby equipped.
- Fixed Clients becoming completely invulnerable when transferring to Necramech.
- Fixed the Range Advantage Mod buffs not working for Clients.
- Fixed inconsistent naming of the Lua Rock Dojo decorations.
- Any previously named ‘moon’ decorations are now correctly named ‘Lua’.
- Fixed the ‘Damaged Trim’ Dojo decorations having the same descriptions.
- Fixed the ‘Throne Room Stairs’ (straight and curved) having swapped descriptions.
- Fixed sprint (when toggle sprint is enabled) getting canceled after using the following Warframe abilities:
- Grendel’s Pulverize
- Hildryn’s Aegis Storm
- Hydroid’s Undertow
- Inaros’s Sandstorm
- Lavos’ Vial Rush
- Ivara’s Prowl
- Revenant’s Reave
- Wisp’s Sol Gate
- Yareli’s Merulina
- Revenant’s Danse Macabre
- Fixed ‘Wall (Left Side Damaged, 2m)’ Dojo decoration’s pivot point changing orientation after being picked up after being placed.
- Fixed strange Operator animations after dismounting a vehicle in a certain stage of The New War quest.
- Fixed the Redeemer’s final shot not firing in the same direction as the rest of the melee attack combo.
- Fixed Requiem Ultimatums not appearing in the End of Mission screen when rewarded.
- Fixed Operator hood staying closed when going to customize Features (specifically face/secondary face).
- Fixed Combat Reload not always triggering when head-shotting enemies.
- Fixed an issue where you could sometimes bypass quest requirements by starting a quest and then immediately attempting to start another quest you aren’t supposed to start.
- Fixed the Tenet Diplos’ lock-on ability not damaging Osprey enemies.
- Fixed Corrupted Lancers using the wrong hitbox. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/t7zys4/i_have_a_suspicion_corrupted_lancer_is_using/
- They were using the Grineer Lancer hitbox, which was causing it to be impossible to land headshots from the side and behind.
- The look of Corrupted Lancers has also been updated with this fix and they now carry Arca Plasmors instead of Boars.
- Fixed the Kuva Elite Lancer using the wrong material roughness.
- Fixed Inaros’ Resurrection meter being half a pixel too far to the left.
- Fixed the Dojo Obstacle Course ‘Allow Operator’ option not working.
- Fixed Atlas’ Titanic Rumbler Augment Mod not multiplying the Rumbler damage by 400% as described.
- Fixed crash related to the ‘Browse Genetic Imprints’ screen.
- Fixed bugged materials on doors in Corpus Sabotage missions.
- Fixed some inconsistent Archwing out-of-bounds areas during the ‘Pursue Teshin into the Asteroid Field’ stage in The War Within quest.
- Fixed a hole in the map in the Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Fixed underground map peeking out of the ground near Mount Nang in the Plains of Eidolon.
- Fixed becoming perpetually invisible as Client after jumping into water as Operator.
- Fixed spawning out of the map after transferring to Operator when exiting water volumes in the Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Fixed transferring to Operator while jumping into water letting you fall in as Operator.
- Fixed becoming perpetually invisible after entering a cutscene as Operator shortly after hacking a terminal with the Untraceable mod equipped on their Parazon.
- Fixed flashing textures on the floor near water in the Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Fixed Client crashing in Simulacrum when transferring to Operator.
- Fixed Garuda Prime’s Dread Mirror losing all its Prime details if it expires while still having the projectile active.
- Fixed Wukong Clone holding the Kuva Bramma arrow incorrectly.
- Fixed Operator in the initial customization screen in the Second Dream quest sitting off camera.
- Fixed decals appearing in Harrow’s Condemn FX.
- Fixed several script errors related to Lunaro.
- Fixed various Grineer Fortress Dojo decorations missing capitals in the word ‘Fortress’.
- Also fixed issues with certain decorations missing mention of ‘Fortress’ in their descriptions.
- Fixed Sigils appearing on the Wisp Dex skin’s helmet flaps.
- Fixed loss of functionality for several seconds after being knocked off Yareli’s Merulina by an enemy grab or knockdown ability.
- Fixed walking through the snow in The War Within not leaving trail behind Operator.
- Fixed being unable to swap certain spoiler characters in the Arsenal in the Dojo.
- We removed this option in non-Arsenal areas.
- Fixed using the ‘Detach Camera’ option in Captura causing a loss of input functionality.
- Fixed the context action on the Void Key in the ‘Follow the Stalker’ stage in the Second Dream quest being far too small.
- Fixed the Nagantaka Prime not applying custom colors to the crossbow string.
- Fixed other players’ blue dots in the mini map not appearing in the Dojo.
- Note: If a player is invited to squad in the dojo, the icon will be that of the Warframes. If a player is just ‘in’ the dojo with you but not in your squad they will appear as a blue dot.
- Fixed Emblems not attaching properly to the Ember Pyraxis Shoulder Pads when being previewed.
- Fixed the cursor being visible during ‘The Maker’ cutscene while using a controller.
- Fixed Revive UI components being slightly off center.
- Fixed selecting Operator Arcane being unreliable/unresponsive on first interaction.
- Also fixes the UI getting confused between Operator Arcane and Amp Arcane in follow up interactions.
- Fixed some idle animations causing Warframes to step backwards and bend their legs awkwardly.
- Fixed a rare bug in matchmaking that would sometimes result in not being able to find a session with slots still available.
- Fixed a rare bug that would sometimes ignore input on the Daily Tribute screen.
- Fixed the ‘MID’ in the ‘Pillar Debris’ Dojo decoration description being capitalized.
- Fixed some zoning issues in the Mantle, Earth Capture mission.
- Fixed some lighting issues in the Mantle, Earth Capture mission.
- Fixed the ‘Dragon’s Tooth Weapon System’ Dojo decoration missing a hyphen in the description on ‘anti personnel’.
- Fixed Sniper Rifles with multishot projectiles (Lanka, Komorex) behaving differently than hitscan Sniper Rifles and only counting bullets that cause damage for combo counting.
- Essentially, fixed projectile-based rifles counting every bullet individually for shot-combo mechanics when it comes to hits and misses. They now use the same rules as hitscan rifles which give you a combo stack for every bullet in your shot regardless of whether that bullet causes damage or not.
- Fixed certain decal FX missing custom Energy colors (summoning Khora’s Venari for example).
- Fixed Saryn with Xata’s Whisper infused onto her getting the benefits of the ability after casting Toxic Lash.
- Also fixed both of the abilities having infinite duration.
- Conclave: Fixed Weapons (notably particular shotguns & AoE guns) minimum falloff damage not properly respecting the correct Conclave specific values.
- From a community standpoint this was considered a significant exploit/bug for Conclave, it was not fair play or intended.
- Fixed Nova’s Null Star making her invincible with Helminth Invigarations.
- Fixed Nightwave Challenge Standing appearing to incorrectly doubled in UI on End of Mission screen.
- Fixed script error resulting in a crash after tranquilizing a conservation target multiple times.
- Fixed Nightwave Night and Day challenge from not counting residue that was collected and used mid-mission.
- Fixed Nightwave challenges from not saving mid-mission, sometimes resulting in losing progress on Mission extraction.
- Fixed two places in the HUD that weren’t properly capitalizing.
- Fixed cases of Roman numerals not capitalizing.
- Fixed animation breaking in the War Within during the Mountain Pass if pressing sprint after dying.
- Removed potential rare specific scenarios where Status Effects could potentially do unintended critical damage.
- Fixed crash that would occur from a missing transmission during the second Spy Mission in the Stolen Dreams quest.
- Updated Mars Grineer face materials.
- Fixed slight green tinge that appeared on some Grineer faces.
- Fixed default energy colors on Gara’s being displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed script error that occurred when damaging a Coildrive in the Orb Vallis.
- Fixed animation in The New War quest during unmasking in Cetus.
- Fixed the FX on some Amp beams not triggering on impact.
- Fixed beam rotation FX depending on end point.
- Fixed an obscure bug with matchmaking between Host and Client.
- Fixed the Corpus Proxima Crewship’s shield drone explosion FX having color issues.
- Fixed Garuda’s Ability description appearing outside text box when viewing in German.
- Fixed Nightwave Challenge Rise of the Machine visually resetting itself on Necramech death after completion.
- Removed unnecessary in-game text.
- Fixed localization tag on the Lotus Helmet.
- Fixed Yareli not getting XP for ability casts when riding Merulina.
- Fixed inventory not updating quickly when playing Warframe on the Epic Games Launcher.
- Fixed inconsistent use of capitalization for Disruption Void Fissure missions.
- Fixed slight orange FX and irregularities on the Health pick-up orb.
- Fixed scale button in Orbiter Decorating menu being misaligned when using Spanish.
- Fixed script error related to Gauss’ Thermal Sunder on Extraction.
- Fixed lighting in Dojo to fix brightness issue when decorating.
- Fixed areas in the Orokin Tower Chamber Dojo Room that make it too difficult to place decorations.
- Fixed a very rare case that might make the Player unable to move.
- Fixed Enemy pathing in Post-New War Plains of Eidolon to avoid enemies wading through water instead of walking around the water.
- Fixed script error related to using the Archwing launcher.
- Fixed flickering on warp tunnel in The New War Quest.
- Fixed standing not being rewarded on completion for the Venus Bounty Hunter Nightwave challenge.
- Updated custom Dojo lighting to affect reflections.
- Fixed localization mentioning Landing Craft instead of Orbiter.
- Fixed flickering effect in the Spoiler Camp on the teleporter while in the Orbiter.
- Fixed some issues with minimap navigation on Lua.
- Fixed lower level Drone bounties from spawning tons of reinforcements in The Plains of Eidolon.
- Fixed script error related to Glaive FX.
- Made some adjustments to the Kuva Fortress tileset.
- Fixed issue of Client having no functionality when loading into Captura if the Host is in Free Roam.
- Fixed crashing that may occur if using an older version of Steam.
- Fixed rare crash related to Wisps’ Reservoirs.
- Fixed black walls appearing on rocks in the Mars Settlement tileset.
- Fixed a certain spoiler character’s face appearing distorted while replaying The Sacrifice quest.
- Fixed being able to clip through the wall and get out of bounds in the Orokin tileset spawn room.
- Fixed stalactites and other stone protrusions in the Silver Grove Captura scene not being properly lit.
- Fixed being able to interact with intractable Dojo decorations before they are built.
- Fixed buttons for contributing/rushing to donated personal decorations appearing in the Dojo menus. This also fixed a script error as you cannot contribute/rush to a personal decoration.
- Fixed camera at times facing the wrong way when transferring in and out from Warframe to Operator.
- Fixed the Crimson Nose Pattern’s nose being far too bright – Rudolf didn’t appreciate the competition.
- Fixed script error in the Mariana Exterminate node on Earth related to enemy spawns.
- Fixed script error when spawning enemies that have shockwave abilities in the Simulacrum.
- Fixed an issue where your Warframe could get stuck kneeling if you transferred back to Operator while playing being knocked back or performing a kneel emote animation.
- Fixed Titania appearing invisible in a cinematic during a key moment in The Second Dream quest.
- Fixed being unable to transfer back to your Warframe after transferring while riding K-Drive. Also fixed becoming invulnerable after dying as Operator afterwards.
- Fixed being unable to chat link the Caliban Helmet.
- Fixed being unable to chat link Glyphs you just recently purchased.
- Fixed a hard line in the water in a certain spoiler Camp.
- Fixed teleporting issues when attempting to enter the gates to Cetus on a K-Drive.
- Fixed an issue where the camera was too zoomed in when using a certain spoiler character in Cetus, Fortuna, and Necralisk.
- Fixed script error related to spawning Specters.
- Fixed Warframe clipping through the Arsenal when installing it during the Awakening quest.
- Fixed Titania in Razorwing causing issues in the Second Dream quest cinematic sequences.
- Fixed script error related to Convergence Orbs.
- Fixed a hole in the Grineer Forest tileset.
- Fixed material issues on Ballas and Lotus. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1293380-skin-color-ballas-and-lotus/?ct=1650924413
- Fixed Saryn’s Molt not taking damage from melee attacks.
- Fixed being able to create copies of your Warframe in Railjack missions using transference.
- Fixed being unable to ‘switch’ (spoiler) when editing Focus in Cetus, Fortuna, or Necralisk.
- Fixed black triangle appearing on the star chart.
- Fixed bug with Operator footstep sounds not playing while running on textile materials.
- Fixed loading indefinitely when loading the table stage in The New War quest.
- Fixed being stuck on the loading screen when logging into the table stage in The New War quest.
- Fixed camera pointing away from Leverian items in the Codex dioramas.
- Fixed world state window pointing to Mars automatically during the Archon hunt in The New War, even after defeating Amar.
- Fixed the ‘New’ screen in the in-game Market kicking players out of The New War quest.
- Fixed Odonata’s Ability icons being hard to read.
- The thickness has been increased to improve visibility of the icons.
- Fixed script error related to an FX.
- Fixed Anomaly Shards still being rewarded after Railjack mission fails.
- Fixed hair shaders not respecting dissolves while Deferred Rendering is enabled.
- Fixed script error related to Garuda’s Seeking Talons.
- Fixed script error related to Infested Pods.
- Fixed being able to get out of the map in the Strata Relay.
- Fixed Operator being unable to open a door causing a progstop while replaying The War Within quest.
- Fixed the Torid and Pox missing their ‘Embed Damage Radius’ and ‘Embed Time’ stats.
- Fixed the Orokin Tower Chamber Dojo Room preview icon not being accurate to what’s actually seen in the room.
- Fixed Orbiter Stencils being too bright.
- Fixed the Sari Syandana overlapping on top of menus making it hard to read.
- Fixed Warframe being invisible in one of the end cutscenes in the Second Dream quest.
- Fixed the opening cinematic in The War Within quest showing the snow path FX going in front of the Operator instead of behind as they walk.
- Fixed the Imperator Vandal preview not showing up in the Codex if you do not own it.
- Fixed script error related to Sevagoth’s Shadow attempting to attack a decoration.
- Fixed not receiving Duplicate Protection after earning the Chitoid sentinel bundle in Nightwave if you already own it.
- Fixed transferring to Operator as Excalibur Umbra counting towards the exterminate enemy counter in the Mastery Rank 30 test.
That’s it for this major patch for Warframe update 2.10. Stay tuned here at MP1st for more patch notes in the future!
Source: Warframe forums