Digital Extremes has released the first Warframe patch of 2020 for consoles and it’s live now! Called the Warframe Empyrean Railjack + Kuva Lich 27.1.0 patch, console gamers will see this as Warframe update 1.82, and there’s a TON of new stuff as well as gameplay changes! Read up on the full Warframe update 1.82 patch notes below.
Warframe update 1.82 patch notes (Warframe 27.1.0):
- Fixed the Quellor being unable to use Ammo Mutation Mods.
- Fixed the Quellor’s clip rendering behind the gun if reloading while aiming.
- Fixed an issue with Quellor energy colour.
- Fixed the Quellor Alt Fire being silent when it’s meant to be Alarming (as indicated in the Arsenal).
- Fixed the Shedu using the wrong weapon mesh when disarmed.
- Fixed the Shedu being unable to use Projectile-based Mods (Speed, etc).
- Fixed an issue where the Shedu would get stuck after regenerating ammo.
- Fixed controller rumble persisting after you have stopped firing the Phage.
- Fixed Grineer Dregs having broken firing mechanics.
- Fixed Operator footsteps not being heard if Wisp is the equipped Warframe.
- Fixed Korrudo having inherited the Hirudo’s Health on Critical Hits mechanic.
- Fixed the Redeemer weapon series appearing to deal 10x Damage than it actually was.
- This affected Arsenal stats only, in missions it did the correct damage.
- Fixed Chroma’s Electric Elemental Ward not responding to Ability Duration Mods.
- Fixed Frost’s Snowglobe missing the invulnerability period on cast.
- Fixed toggle sprint carrying over into Wukong’s Cloud Walker (normal hold sprint did not).
- Fixed Wisp’s Agile animation not idling properly when the Shedu is equipped.
- Fixed Blade and Whip weapons clipping into Wisp when she runs.
- Fixed Nezha’s Blazing Chakram not working correctly for Clients when charged.
- Fixed enemies being immune to Vauban’s Bastille if they were ragdolled out of it previously.
- Fixed Inaros getting stuck in his Devour animation if Devour is cast on an enemy that dies at the exact same time.
- Fixed Tactical Reload, Lock and Load, and Eject Magazine Mods not functioning for Clients.
- Fixed Ivara’s Navigator cast animation not being replicated between Host/Client, resulting in no sound or movement.
- Fixed an issue with camera zoom being too close to Grendel after using transference + Pulverize.
- Fixed ability to yeet the Jordas Golem with Itzal’s Arch Line ability, thus breaking the mission.
- Fixed Garuda charging her Dread Heart at full strength from any amount of Energy regen.
- This ability now charges at a reduced rate if you are at 0 Energy and incoming regeneration isn’t enough to keep with how much Energy the ability wants to drain.
- Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones not shooting the last round in your magazine.
- Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones not animating properly for double/wall jumps.
- Fixed Index enemies not attacking Gara’s Mass Vitrify wall.
- Fixed Glaive lifespan timers not functioning correctly for the Host.
- Fixed Ivara Navigator not pausing some lifespan timers for projectiles, allowing the projectile to die of old age while you’re still controlling it.
- Fixed Follow-Through stat changing when the Sigma & Octantis and Cobra & Crane are equipped with a Stance Mod.
- Fixed the Sanctuary Sentinel Mod and Companion Shelter Mod leaving an invulnerable shield lingering forever for the Host if used in a No-Shield Nightmare mission.
- Fixed projectile explosion & embed damage not properly using Status Chance upgrades.
- Fixed Fulmin (only when reduced to below 10 rounds on Semi-Auto firing mode), Flux Rifle, Kitguns with the ‘Gaze’ Chamber type and Pax Charge Arcane, Imperator/Vandal, Cycron, and Larkspur not recharging correctly.
- Fixed Aksomati Prime and Baza Prime having the same Riven Disposition as their normal variants despite the UI displaying their correct Disposition of 1.
- Fixed cases of Warframe stats appearing unranked when viewed in the Arsenal.
- Fixed the UI breaking when selecting the ‘Select All’ button in Vendor screens (Fisher Hai-Luk, etc).
- Fixed the Primary and Secondary weapons Upgrade > Actions screen including the Umbra Forma in the UI count of how many Forma you have.
- Fixed a UI error when selecting certain enemies in the Simulacrum that you don’t have fully scanned.
- Fixed Power Menu UI remaining open when entering a Data-Conduit in Sanctuary Onslaught.
- Fixed having to select Market items that only require one step to purchase (Relic Packs, etc), instead of displaying the quantity confirmation UI right away.
- Fixed inability to invite people to a squad if your Matchmaking was set to Solo before joining a Public squad via Invite.
- Fixes towards Drahk Masters making the stolen weapon for Clients disappear whenever the Masters Halikar is returned through nonstandard means.
- Fixed numerous weapon hand positions, walking animations, and t-posing in regards to Wisp.
- Fixed missing ‘Hide Owned’ option and inability to purchase multiple of the same item after going to purchase Debt Bonds then going to another vendor in Fortuna.
- Fixed an issue where Chroma’s Elemental Ward in the ‘Fire’ mode would subtract health if Operators strayed too far from Warframes.
- Fixed Jackal and Razorback not correctly turning to face players sometimes when you get behind them.
- Fixed Eidolon Lures disappearing at certain camera angles.
- Fixes towards the camera not following you when going back and forth from Submersible areas in Uranus tilesets.
- Fixed MOA and Kavat Companion Emblems being equipped on the wrong side.
- Fixed overlapping environmental issues in Grineer Galleons.
- Fixed misplaced meshes in the Corpus Ship Exterminate tileset.
- Fixed being able to revive in the ceiling in part of the Grineer Fortress.
- Fixed being able to get behind the first Data-Conduit in Sanctuary Onslaught.
- Fixed ability to escape the Grineer Settlement tileset level bounds via Nezha’s Blazing Chakram.
- Fixed missing door frames in the Grineer Settlement Sabotage Tileset.
- Fixed being able to see outside the level from the gate in Cetus.
- Fixed Fast Traveling to Fisher Hai-luk teleporting the player midair.
- Fixed missing minimap in part of the Grineer Shipyard.
- Fixed a teleport volume in part of the Grineer Sealab that was larger than it should be.
- Fixed a hole in part of the Grineer Sealab.
- Fixed a rock that was missing collision in the Plains of Eidolon.
- Fixed a rock clipping into a vent on the Corpus outpost.
- Fixed an issue with the Behemoth Juggernaut boil not being opaque.
- Fixed a distressed pipe appearing as white instead of red in Jupiter.
- Fixed lightmaps on pressure plates in old Corpus ship Sabotage core.
- Fixed a crate that was spawning within walls on the Grineer Shipyard.
- Fixed a minimap that was missing from a section of the Grineer Shipyard.
- Fixed Mercy icon appearing on floor for Larvlings.
- Fixed an issue with Ciphers that was causing fails not to count properly in fails stat.
- Fixed Distortion Overrides not working on objects whose base materials themselves didn’t have a distortion shader.
- Fixed some cases of the ‘Deploy Resource Extractor’ button losing functionality.
- Fixed cases of invulnerable Corpus Turrets.
- Fixed K-Drives spawning ridiculously far away after being left on top of water in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon objective markers moving around when in Archwing.
- Fixed Companion Weapon Riven Mods not displaying under the ‘Mods’ tab in Cephalon Simaris’ Offerings.
- Fixed Nightwave multi-rank up past 30 displaying incorrect tier numbers and prestige status on the rank up popups.
- Fixed performance issues with Kela De Thaym’s Rollers.
- Fixed performance issues with the Ballistica projectile trail FX over long distances.
- Fixed maggots potentially being created out of bounds when spawned by the death of a Brood Mother.
- Fixed animation issues with the Grineer Flameblade causing its second and third attacks in its attack combo to miss its target.
- Fixed Lephantis sometimes not immediately dying after all three heads have been destroyed.
- Fixed Pet Companions struggling to path ziplines.
- Fixed characters in certain languages such as Simplified Chinese not showing correctly in input fields.
- Fixed clients sometimes not getting Relic reward selection screen.
- Fixed Frame display showing when backing out of controller customization while in mission.
- Fixed single emissive colors not showing properly on Equinox and Khora.
- Fixed miniature Boiler pods that could get stuck lingering in mid-air.
- Fixed violent flickering in Helminth room.
- Fixed the too-thick dust in the middle of the Orbiter.
- Fixed Imperator GPU particles moving towards the camera.
- Fixed inability to equip the Astrea Skin/Helmet on Ivara Prime.
- Fixed incorrect textures on Ivara Prime using the Astrea TennoGen.
- Fixed Excalibur Zato’s visor appearing to jitter instead of being rigid.
- Fixed Trinity Prime having weird tail cloth physics.
- Fixed the Massif Prime Syandana getting stuck on Ivara Prime’s skirt cloth.
- Fixed the Cirrus Chest piece interacting poorly with Wisp.
- Fixed the Cirrus Leg Armor being incorrectly placed on several Warframes.
- Fixed Imugi Prime Shoulder pieces always glowing blue when Mirage is using Eclipse.
- Fixed Ivara Prime’s Artemis Bow Prime darkening when viewed in the Arsenal.
- Fixed the permanently black Prisma Koi Sentinel tail.
- Fixed an issue with some TennoCon Glyphs appearing the same.
- Fixed the Heartwood Armor set clipping with Rhino.
- Fixed incorrect Energy color for the Vengeful Shockwave Ephemera.
- Fixes towards Ivara Prime’s helmet cloth clipping through her forehead.
- Fixed Ivara Prime’s Quiver ability not using her Artemis Bow Prime mesh.
- Fixed Sigma Series Sugatra not being positioned correctly on Glaives.
- Fixed the Paris Prime arrow using incorrect textures.
- Fixed incorrect Energy color on the Hema muzzle flash light.
- Fixed overly metallic reflections on the Kopesh Longsword Skin.
- Fixed incorrect lightning textures on Volts.
- Fixed Volt visually missing his arm rings in his Codex/Market diorama.
- Fixed missing Channeling particle FX on the Targis Prime Armor (appears with x2 Combo Counter).
- Fixed seeing a distorted flat circle on the Staticor explosion (and radiation areas).
- Fixed incorrect Kubrow eye glow color when using the Metus Fur Pattern.
- Fixed Wuush and Meteor whip skins not sitting properly in the hands when used with some whips.
- Fixed offsets for Equinox night form leg armor so it sits better on the leg.
- Fixed Nezha’s FX not properly working on ragdolled enemies.
- More fixes towards Elemental FX being misaligned on Zaw Skins.
- Fixed Elemental FX not working properly on Excalibur Deluxe Nikana.
- Fixed Elemental FX not working properly on Wukong Deluxe Whip.
- Fixed Daikyu FX issue.
- Fixed incorrect Electricity FX on Volt Proto Skin footsteps.
- Fixed incorrect Electricity FX above Volt’s Electric Shield when Shock is cast through it.
- Fixed permanent Water FX on players using Itzal’s Arch Line to escape water.
- Fixed FX issues with the Simaris Ship / Dojo Decoration no properly adjusting when moving around.
- Fixed some attachments not showing combo multiplier FX.
- Fixed the Tonfa Hades Skin flame FX always appearing orange despite changing the Energy color.
- Fixed Saryn Prime appearing covered in a flickering triangle FX when casting Molt or Toxic Lash.
- Fixed Excalibur’s Chromatic Blade elemental FX and statistics on Exalted Blade not updating after you change your Energy colour. Instead, they are stuck on the default Electricity element.
- Fixes towards the Octavia’s Anthem music note FX trail disappearing when you locate and collect the first or second Mandachord part.
- Fixed some distortion FX on the Ice Planet’s heat generators and improved their performance by removing a bunch of scripts to animate them.
- Fixed Ivara’s Artemis Bow arrows not reflecting chosen colors when stuck into objects/enemies.
- Fixed fully default Look Links not applying to your Warframe.
- Fixes toward Look Link colors not applying properly to Kubrows/Kavats/Venari.
- Fixed Look Link diomara for Venari appearing squashed and having a normal Kavat tail.
- Fixed overwhelming Elemental FX on Titania when she is given an Elemental buff.
- Fixed missing Melee sounds on Zaws equipped with a Scythe or Nikana Skin.
- Fixed the Arit Longsword Skin being invisible and having no sounds if used on a Zaw.
- Fixed missing Venka Melee sounds.
- Fixed Terra Manker’s weapon sound playing non-positionally.
- Fixed magnetic proc sound playing repeatedly on Shock Eximus Auras.
- Fixed broken warp sounds in the Sentient tileset.
- Fixed in-game voice chat not functioning properly (would not play back any audio).
- Fixed Simulacrum Ammo pickup playing the ‘Shield recharge’ sound.
- Fixes towards missing subtitles/dialogue during the Apostasy Prologue quest.
- Fixed some items in the Market having overlapping text (Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment, etc).
- Potential fix towards Resource Crate names lingering after being destroyed.
- Fixed Mission Time carrying over from time spent in Dojos or Relays.
- Fixed Mission Time including the time spent in your Orbiter after aborting a mission prior.
- Fixed Coildrives in Orb Vallis never despawning if the player doesn’t move and the Coildrive has passengers still inside.
- Fixed dispatched Drop Pod NPCs being confused at their own existence by standing stationary and staring into the sky contemplating life as ‘just another clone’.
- Fixed cases of Warframe stats appearing unranked when viewed in the Arsenal.
- Fixes towards odd pathing behaviors with the Jordas Golem.
- Fixed distortions being offset with Dynamic Resolution enabled.
- Fixed a script error when selecting an unnecessary Replicate button on Researched Dojo Pigments.
- Fixed a script error related to Tusk Mortar Bombards crouching.
- Fixed a script error if the Host selects a mission while the Client is still loading into the squad.
- Fixed a script error in the Focus Arsenal screen.
- Fixed a script error and loss of functionality when viewing Archwing weapons without having the Archwing Quest complete.
- Fixed a script error that could break various Drone escort missions (including Plague Star).
- Fixed a script error when changing loadouts while in Fortuna.
- Fixed a script error for Clients when changing Arch-Guns in the Arsenal in Simulacrum while another Arch-Gun is already equipped.
- Fixed a script error that could break an bounty stage if the objective was destroyed right at the last moment.
- Fixed script error that could occur if you joined a mission while the host was running a K-Drive race.
- Fixed a script error when your Sentinel activates the Revenge Precept.
- Fixed a script error when your Kubrow activates the Stalk Precept.
- Fixed a script error related to a ragdolled enemy in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed several script crashes caused by Warframe and Archwing abilities.
- Fixed a potential crash in the Weapon Upgrade screen.
- Fixed possible script error that could occur if you aborted a mission right as a missile locked onto your archwing.
- Fixed some inaccurate LOC text.
PS4 Specific Notes:
- We have done some remastering for this update and have reduced the overall size of Warframe on PS4 by a whopping 3 GB! Unlike other remasters we’ve done in the past, you will not be required to re-download Warframe to accept the remastered version.
Console Specific Notes:
- A 7- Day Resource Booster will be delivered via Inbox message on login after you’ve downloaded the update as a thanks for your incredible patience while waiting for this update. Log in anytime now until Tuesday, February 11th @ 2 PM to claim your 7-Day Resource Booster.
- We mentioned in our PSA that we were investigating some well-needed performance optimizations – here they are! We aren’t stopping here though, we will continue to work on performance for the next major update to improve other notoriously choppy areas in the game.
- Optimizations for the Kuva Fortress tileset. This includes cleaning up wasteful materials, abusive lighting, volumetrics, overdrawn meshes and much more. More optimizations to come!
- Optimized Imperator Vandal projectiles when used in Railjack to improve performance.
- Improved performance when shooting with the Apoc.
- Improved performance of the Railjack cannons.
- Optimizations towards performance when Piloting the Railjack.
- Optimized the Omni tool to fix a hitch when equipping it.
- Optimized camera placements overall when customizing Railjack / viewing aspects.
- Made some micro-optimizations to HUD marker performance, especially on Railjack.
- Made a micro-optimization to a common function used by Railjack game-code.
- Made a micro-optimization to numerous Railjack missions.
- Made a micro-optimization to Railjack lighting.
- Made some micro-optimizations to HUD performance, especially on Railjack.
- Made a micro-optimization to UI performance, including while piloting the Railjack.
- Made a micro-optimization Railjack POI once sub-objectives have been completed.
- Made a micro-optimization to a script that handles fire breaking out on a Railjack.
- Optimized Vauban’s Flechette Orb projectile FX to improve performance.
- Optimized enemy Enemy class hierarchy slightly.
- Optimized Imperator projectiles to improve performance.
- Optimized performance in a section of the Kuva Fortress.
- Optimized the Index Gas Works map – should run a lot smoother now!
- Optimized Host-Migration speeds for Clients to be significantly faster.
- Optimized collision on Orokin Derelict Tentacles to better match current player movement skills.
- Optimized runtime lighting in an Earth cave tile.
- Optimized real time lighting in the Jupiter Gas City Index tileset.
- Optimized muzzle flash FX on the Zundi Pistol Skin.
- Made some micro-optimizations to the mini-map code.
- Made some systemic optimizations to the script runtime.
- Made some micro-optimizations to the UI system.
- Made micro-optimizations to a script used in Survival missions.
- Made micro-optimizations to a script used for controlling doors.
- Made a micro-optimization to Chroma’s Effigy ability.
- Made a micro-optimization to a script used to animate the Dual Kamas.
- Optimizations for the Kuva Fortress tileset. This includes cleaning up wasteful materials, abusive lighting, volumetrics, overdrawn meshes and much more. More optimizations to come!
- In case you missed the news – The Fae Step Ephemera is now a permanent Baro Offering. More info here.
- Fixes towards Crewships spawning out of bounds in Raijack missions as reported here.
- Railjack Controller Changes/Fixes:
- Refining in the Forge Bay will require you to press and hold Square for 1 second instead of simply tapping it.
- This addresses accidental Refining due to mashing the button to open the Forge window.
- The ‘start’ button now closes the tactical menu instead of opening the top menu.
- Fixed inability to use any Piloting maneuvers due to binding conflicts, effectively ignoring callouts in Intrinsic details screen.
- Fixed the Upgrade screen for Avionics in the Dry Dock missing button callouts for Upgrading.
- Fixed L3 to bring up Search box working even when the picker wasn’t visible in the Avionics screen.
- Fixed the R1/L1 bumpers not functioning in the Avionics Upgrade Screen.
- Fixed the Sort menu not working in any of the Avionics screens.
- Fixed becoming stuck in the Avionics screen and having to restart the game.
- Fixed inability to exit the Avionic Grid Upgrade screen if you place your cursor over a Grid.
- Fixed inability to interact with Chat when viewing the Railjack Research screen.
- Fixed issues with selecting Veil/Saturn Proxima nodes as reported here.
- Refining in the Forge Bay will require you to press and hold Square for 1 second instead of simply tapping it.
- Missed note from first console Hotfix of the year: Fixed Blink not being properly binded upon downloading the Empyrean update.
TennoGen Bundle XLIV
Our first TennoGen bundle of 2020 is here! It features Round 17 items from our talented creators. Find the Bundle in the in-game Market!
- Jotunheim Syandana by Mz-3
- Ivara Kuvael Huntress Skin + Helmet by Erneix
- Loki Jotunheim Skin + Helmet by Mz-3
- Saryn Ion Skin + Helmet by Yatus
- Please note that it is the designers intention for the Saryn Ion Skin to not have an accent channel tint.
- Frost Hisame Skin + Helmet + Arm Armour by Malaya and AMO_17
- Jotunheim’s Spirit Oculus by Mz-3
For every Sentient Anomaly POI that you complete you’ll earn a new Anomaly Shard; a shard ripped from a Sentient Anomaly in the Veil Proxima!
- As mentioned in a previous hotfix, we wanted to implement a more token based system to obtain the Tenebrous Ephemera that we removed from the drop table. An Anomaly Shard is 100% guaranteed at the end of every Sentient Anomaly POI you complete.
Little Duck + Exotic Goods
Little Duck is no stranger to Exotic goods – an Amp assembler and Toroid master, the strong and the strange are what she makes her business on. Her interest in Anomaly shards allows you to access new Exotic Goods:
- Tenebrous Ephemera
- ALL Sentient Captura Scenes
- Sentient Captura Scenes have also been removed from the drop table and will be purchasable from Little Duck exclusively.
The Great Reactor Buffings:
Introducing global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be adjusted for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III’s range has been compressed significantly from a 30 -100 range to the new 90 -100 range, but we will not give you lower adjustments if you had a Vidar III Reactor with Avionics capacity values in the 90 -100 range before this change).
Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)
With these changes, it’s important to note how we got from Point A to B. When initially setting up the Avionics values of these rewards, we did not forsee the depth of the frustration the ranges caused, but in hindsight we should have. Thanks to your feedback, we are able to confidently make broad and major buffs across the board.
Halved Fighter Armor:
Enemy Fighters in Railjack have too much armor – meaning your Railjack weapons just don’t feel great in the time it takes to kill an enemy. All Fighter Armor values have been halved, with a slight boost in health for non-elites to compensate.
Armor value changes:
- Flak: 300 to 150
- Elite Flak: 350 to 175
- Taktis: 250 to 125
- Elite Taktis: 350 to 175
- Cutter: 250 to 125
- Elite Cutter: 300 to 150
- Outrider: 800 to 300
- Elite Outrider: 800 to 400
Health value changes:
- Flak health: 250 to 375
- Taktis health: 200 to 300
- Cutter health: 200 to 300
Our intent is to make Railjack weapons more effective on their own. As such, Rhino’s Roar and Saryn’s Toxic Lash no longer unintentionally affect Railjack weapons and Avionics. Warframe abilities are not intended to increase the performance of the Railjack.
Battle Avionics Changes
All Battle Avionics are now potential drops from Elite fighters in Deep Space. Also, with new permanent markers on Avionics, you’ll now ensure none go unclaimed, because you’ll see them!
Battle Avionics rarity was exacerbated by the units they dropped on – adding drops to Elite fighters should increase your chances of acquiring one. We want to see the effects of these new drops before making additional changes.
- Elite Exo Taktis
- Elite Gyre Taktis
- Elite Exo Taktis
- Elite Kosma Cutter
- Elite Gyre Cutter
- Elite Exo Taktis
- Elite Exo Flak
- Elite Exo Cutter
- Elite Exo Flak
- Elite Exo Cutter
- Elite Exo Flak
- Adding Void Hole to Elite Exo Flaks should make it significantly easier to acquire due to their spawn rates, but we will continue to watch all the drops in case they need further changes.
- Elite Exo Cutter
Weapon & Proc Adjustments:
The idea of ‘one damage type to rule them all’ is one we want to avoid in Railjack’s early days. We are rebalancing aspects of certain Damage types to ensure there’s balanced choices. The Armor changes in conjunction with this means this is a combined effort of finding the right place for all damage types, not just one leader. Please bear with us as we navigate this particular space – with your help, hopefully everyone will get to put their favourites from their Arsenal to use!
- Decreased the effectiveness of the Particle proc but increased its Duration
- Reduced to 7.5% damage bonus per hit, still stacks, and lasts 20 seconds. The exponential growth and short duration meant this was far more beneficial to rapid-fire guns than anything else.
- Increased the effectiveness of the Incendiary proc but decreased its Duration
- Double the damage per tick but half the duration; same total damage but in less time to feel more relevant.
- Pulsar series
- Increased base damage
- Increased fall off range
- These extremely precise weapons were having trouble competing with the other options available. Increased damage by about 10% and increased effective range should help give them a more viable role.
- Photor series
- Increased fall off range
- Extra range and these also benefit indirectly from the improvement to Incendiary status.
- Increased fall off range
- Cryophon series
- Reduced damage and increased fall off range
- Reducing the armor values of enemies made these capable of killing every enemy in a single hit, this brings them back in line with the intended time to kill. Please bear in mind we are actively watching player stats and collecting feedback, and are willing to iterate on balance.
- Reduced damage and increased fall off range
- Zetki House
- Reduced Heat Accretion for all Zetki weapon variants apart from Cryophon
- This house trades more heat for more damage, but it felt like they were TOO hot for the amount of extra damage you got. Compared to the baseline weapons, Zetki now offers 50% more damage for double heat instead of quadruple heat.
- Reduced Heat Accretion for all Zetki weapon variants apart from Cryophon
Rush Repair Drone Removed from Market:
We are removing the option to buy the Rush Repair Drone and leaving it only as a reward earned at the end of mission (no longer an in-world drop due to security concerns). We are doing this based on feedback that as a purchasing option it feels too unfair of an advantage. While it technically abides by our rule of ‘Pay for Time’, it bypasses a huge segment of the Railjack resource value. You can still pay to rush Repairs once you’ve contributed resources, but you can no longer outright bypass the entire experience by purchasing the item from the market. We will continue to use Rush Repair Drones as a reward – just not as a Market item.
You may wonder why we didn’t reduce the costs of certain items and instead increased the drop chance of resources. The fact is that there is no graceful way to change the resource costs of items in progress, or these specific items that have been put into production. In the end it boils down to changing a whole host of individualized database entries vs. making the resources needed to build those items easier to acquire. In the end, the decision was made to go for the latter, although the end goal is to be effectively the same. Further balancing will occur as people continue to play the update, so make sure you continue to leave your feedback.
General Railjack Changes:
- Sharing is caring! Loot gathered when on-foot in a Point of Interest, Crewship, and from killing a Boarding Party are now shared between the whole squad, so you don’t individually need to go collect the loot if you’re busy Piloting, Engineering, etc!
- Pennant and Quellor Blueprints are now shared pickups; no longer required for all players to manually collect the pickup! Thanks for your patience as we work toward the rest of the on-foot items being picked up.
- You can now trade Avionics in your Dojo or Maroo’s Bazaar!
- Increased maximum power for Zekti Predator Avionic to 80%, from 72%
- This Avionic was slightly under-performing its cheaper Vidar equivalent.
- Increased chance to get common and uncommon Resources from associated crates onboard Crewships and other Points of Interest to aid in your Forging and overall Resource required crafting needs. This increase in commons and uncommons was achieved by directing Rare resources to be space-combat only drops, and having common and uncommon more dominant on-foot.
- Significantly increased the amount of Common Resources awarded by the End of Mission Rewards. This touches on our plans for Economy balancing within Railjack, and should lend a hand to furthering your Wreckage and Payload crafting projects!
- Asteroids now drop multiple Resources! Alongside other Resources, this significantly increase Titanium gains; a prominent feedback request!
- Asterite Resource pickups now reward 2x as much Asterite.
- Asterite costs for Wreckage were going a bit too slowly, so now you will earn it at twice the rate.
- Doubled the chance of obtaining Wreckage from End of Mission Rewards
- This increase will help you acquire more pieces so you can pick and choose which you want to keep. However, we needed to reduce the chance of obtaining Relics to accommodate the Wreckage increase.
- Wreckage limit has been changed to match the existing Riven method in terms of how the limit behaves to the player. Instead of Wreckage being auto-scrapped when over the limit, a prompt will appear upon returning to the Dry Dock that indicates the over limit Wreckage must be dealt with before you can start another Railjack mission.
- Increased the refund from Scrapping repaired Wreckage to 80% from 50%.
- A welcomed increase from feedback that still maintains the risk vs reward of repairing Wreckage, hence why is it not a 100% return.
- Wreckage Repairs that are partially funded or waiting for completion (timer not expired yet) can now be cancelled! Resources funded will be returned and the Wreckage will remain in your Inventory to be Repaired or Scrapped later.
- Keep in mind this doesn’t change the 80% refund from Scrapping Repaired Wreckage.
- Omni tool is now available as a Gear item in your Inventory (Archwing Quest completion required)! This allows you to place the Omni tool in your preferred Gear spot for quick access!
- If you forget to equip the Omni tool in your Gear upon entering a Railjack mission it will still be given to you for the mission.
- Affinity gained from all Omni tool Repairs and Forge actions aboard the Railjack is now shared with the squad!
- Previously, only the player who performed the Repair with the Omni tool/Forge action gained Affinity. Now, when any individual completes tasks with the Omni tool or Forge, the Affinity will be shared across all members. This is not restricted to those onboard the Railjack – those flying around in your Archwing or taking out Crewships will also benefit. The goal here is to have the efforts of one benefit all and ultimately help each other earn Intrinsics for shared activities that keep the Railjack afloat.
- Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost.
- Added tips to the “Configure Railjack” screen in the Dojo. Simply hover over the “i” icon in the bottom right corner to learn more about each category!
- Permanent in-world markers have been added to Avionics and Wreckage in Railjack when they drop.
- This will allow you to always know what remains on the field of battle, and how to navigate accordingly. Adding awareness to the important loot has been a huge request, and this visibility increase should make sure no loot is left behind. The distance marker will appear when the Avionic or Wreckage is near the center of the screen, regardless of how far it is!Aside, we are reviewing ‘vacuum’ range.
- Updated the ‘Components and Armaments Slots’ description to clarify that they do not apply to Wreckage, only Repaired Wreckage.
- Players will now have ~3 seconds of invulnerability when exiting the Railjack or a Point of Interest!
- This window allows for a moment to escape from the incoming damage aimed close to your location so you don’t fall victim to a one-shot death.
- Crewship projectiles no longer seek after Archwings! They’ll still attempt to fire at you but they will no longer seek and one-hit-KO your Archwing.
- Hijacked Crewships now start the reactor meltdown sequence when they reach zero health.
- Wreckage capacity and count now appears in the equip screen for Components and Armaments, allowing you to see how many you currently own while Scrapping.
- Your Squad Overlay is now visible when in various Railjack modes (Pilot, Weapon, etc).
- There’s been consistent expression that ‘seeing my Squad’s status’ is important. We have now ensured it’s visible when piloting / gunning / etc, and we have added some new iconography to show player states.
- Added ‘Squad Status’ for Railjack Missions in the Squad Overlay.
- Points of Interest and Crewships that launch Ramsleds will now only do so 4 times. This fixes Crewships launching an infinite amount of Ramsleds to knock at your door.
- Ramsleds have been given an upgrade the farther you progress into the Railjack Star Chart! Be on the lookout for shielded variants that will require precise aim and firepower!
- Changed base Avionics so they all have at least one rank to address difficulty knowing which ones you can scrap and which ones you can’t, due to the ‘no ranks’ Avionics stacking with all other unrankeds:
- Lavan Ablative Shell
- Lavan Heat Sink
- Lavan Last Stand
- Lavan Thermatic
- Lavan Phasic Weave
- Lavan Predator
- Lavan Winged Force
- Lavan Winged Steel
- Vidar Last Stand
- To accomodate for the base Avionic change above, other Avionics have been changed:
- Vidar Predator: Higher base stat and higher drain
- Vidar Winged Steel: Lower drain
- Vidar Winged Force: Lower drain
- Numerous UI changes in the name of organization and clarity have been made to the Railjack Research and Configure screens:
- Added MK category tabs to the Railjack Research screen to better sort and display your growing Inventory of Research.
- Added Categories, Search Bar, and Sort options to the Railjack Components and Armaments screens.
- Added a ‘Show Equipped’ and ‘Show Ranked’ option in the Avionics Scrap screen.
- ‘Show Equipped’ will also show ranked Avionics that are equipped even when ‘Show Ranked’ is disabled.
- Changed Railjack Engine Component rating stats from Kilometers Per Hour to Meters Per Second to be consistent in the equipped stats.
- Battle and Tactical Avionic Grids now have Grid category icons to mark which is which.
- In addition, when picking a Battle Grid, we now reinforce which Grid you are selecting/viewing Avionics for by showing the category name and icon.
- Hull Breach that are active when the mission succeeds will be fixed automatically.
- This addresses missions failing after having already succeeded the mission due to players unable to fix the Hull Breach in time.
- Increased the Range of Winged Cyclone, Winged Force, Winged Steel, and Winged Storm to 1000m.
- This also fixes these Archwing based Avionics for Railjack also affecting the Railjack itself.
- Increased the mount animation speed for the Archwing Slingshot and Wing Turrets.
- Toned down the FX for both the Particle Ram and Fiery Phoenix Battle Avionic when aboard the Railjack.
- This change is being made due to plenty of feedback requesting less visibility-inhibiting FX.
- We’ve added improved visuals towards the Forge Stations in Railjack to better illustrate when a Station is busy. The floor ring located at the base of each Station will now appear lit when the Station is ready for Forging, and will appear unlit when the Station is busy. This also fixes missing progress circle UI for the Forge Stations to indicate when a Station is busy.
- To further increase the visibility when a Forge is available for use in the Railjack, the two screens and orange circle above, and activation button will glow when it’s ready and appear off then it’s busy.
- Reduced the brightness of the Crewship healing bubble burst FX.
- Changed the Railjack entrance UI marker to use the same blue as the Railjack marker in-mission.
- The ‘Open Squads’ line now appears at the bottom of the Star Chart Railjack node mission info popup for consistency.
- Depending on the node, it was previously buried in between the Requirements or Rewards lines.
- Distance values on Railjack enemies will now be displayed once their name is visible.
- Upgraded art quality for certain Grineer Installations in Railjack missions.
- Off-screen space enemy markers in Archwing now show awareness state fill.
- Increased brightness and thickness of enemy markers in Railjack.
- Ordnance weapon icons now become translucent while in cooldown, and will reflect a timer icon to better indicate it’s current cooldown state.
- Removed HUD markers from missiles launched by Seeker Volley battle avionic, which also fixed enemy HUD markers disappearing.
- Enemy Crewship UI markers will now always be displayed no matter what the range is to fix tedious scouring to find that poor last victim. We are also working on improving flow overall.
- Changed the pips of Avionic Ranks vs Grid Ranks to better illustrate between the two.
- Railjack minimap is now always fully visible.
- Slightly zoomed out the tactical map when on the railjack, increased visibility of minimap features.
- Better centered the Railjack Pilot HUD diamond.
- Added new force feedback to all Weapons and Missile Launchers.
- Set the maximum length for Railjack Names to 50 characters – in practice, this is almost an increase. The limit before was set by width along the available real estate. Now we have properly conforming names.
- Updated the Railjack name placement on all Skins to be better visible.
- Railjack name shows in ‘edit name’ input box.
- Railjack name shows in HUD instead of generic ‘Railjack’.
- The Railjack name text now has its own separate color slot in the ‘Primary Text Color’.
- The ‘Toggle Interior’ button now has a checkbox to indicate active state.
- Railjack Health and Shield now show when they are invulnerable (i.e after a Catastrophic Failure Breach).
- The player’s view of a Cloaked Railjack (using Void Cloak) is now a more obvious effect.
- Sorting for Drain will now sort higher Drain to the top.
- Added House icons to Avionic names for clarity.
- Removed scannable lore items from the ‘Investigate Anomaly’ objective nodes. They shall return when ready!
- Added visual variety to the asteroids in Saturn Proxima and Veil Proxima.
- Revised description for error message about unable to find an open squad:
- “Could not find an Open Squad. Please try again, or launch a new session from your personal Railjack stationed in a Dojo’s Dry Dock.”
- Fixed Pennant not using all attacks/features of Wise Razor Stance.
- Fixed not gaining Intrinsics after mission completion.
- An example of this situation would be if the mission succeeded while a Boarding Party was still aboard, but not fully dealt with until after the mission success popup.
- Fixes towards cases where the End of Mission screen displays more Intrinsic earned than you actually did.
- Fixed bug where Intrinsics could be kept on mission abort, which was never intended.
- Fixed Clients being stuck in a permanent streaming tunnel if they were in Dojo and Host in Liset.
- Fixed cases of exiting the Archwing Slingshot resulting in a black screen.
- Fixed Flux Energy that was in the capacity provided by Hyperflux Avionic being lost between Railjack sessions.
- Fixed the stat value of Flux Capacity on Reactors showing higher than actual stats.
- We’re using Round To value of 10 instead of 1, so some values were showing higher than they should be (37.x would show as 40).
- Fixed Railjack Speed stat showing a higher number than your in-game movement speed.
- This fix needs some explanation. First of all, a bit of trivia, Railjack operates at a different scale than the rest of Warframe. Perhaps some of you have seen space-time breaking down in the form of truly enormous cats… The Speed that was being shown in the drydock in your ship Stats was in the wrong scale and gave numbers that were inaccurate. This also caused the bonus given by your engine, displayed in kilometers-per-hour, to be wrong: an engine might say that it gave an extra 30km per hour, but give far far more than that in the Stats if you did the math to convert. This has been fixed so that: 1) your Stats now show the correct Speed for Railjack’s world scale, and, 2) your engines are rated in meters per second which matches up to the Stats. While it may look like your ship’s Speed stat in the drydock has gone down significantly, please try flying around in missions and see how your ship handles. This only fixes how the UI reports the numbers in your Stats. No change to how fast your ship actually moves is intended, and if your ship doesn’t fly at the meters-per-second shown in the Stats then it should be carefully measured and reported as a bug.
- Fixed the Shatter Burst Battle Avionic not displaying damage numbers when it affects enemies.
- Fixed pressing the ‘Reset Defaults’ button in the Railjack Customization screen punting you back to the Railjack Components screen.
- Fixed Scrap button for Repaired Wreckage having the same text as for unrepaired Wreckage.
- Fixed Last Stand Avionics descriptions showing incorrect upgrade numbers.
- Fixed Wing Turrets on the Railjack sometimes disappearing in AR mode.
- Fixed swapping around Battle Avionics in the Dry Dock sometimes resulting in misordered Battle Avionics in your Railjack mission.
- Fixed placeholder text in the Tactical Menu when viewed while in a Missile Platform.
- Fixed overzealous particle sizes on the Naberus, Corposant Prime, and Spore Ephemeras when in Archwing.
- Fixed Kuva Lich transmissions playing while in the Railjack Star Chart.
- Fixed inability to destroy enemy Crewships that have been hijacked.
- Fixed the Railjack Forward Artillery not damaging Crewships past their engines. You should find that the Forward Artillery hits harder and your shot isn’t wasted on just destroying the Crewship engines!
- Fixed Crewships not recovering after becoming disabled by your Railjack guns.
- Fixed being placed outside of the Railjack level when loading into a Railjack mission from your Orbiter as the Operator.
- Fixed cases of Armament Wreckage unique stats not showing. This was due to the physical Armament not being equipped on the side of the Railjack, which then considered it not equipped.
- Fixed Carcinnox Armaments displaying incorrect Falloff ranges in the Dry Dock stats.
- Fixed the Munition Ammo count UI in the Railjack displaying 1 more capacity than you actually have (ie 30/31).
- Fixed Railjack Forge not applying yield multipliers (Engineer Intrinsic bonus) to displayed craft amounts.
- Fixes towards Ram Sleds occurring during a transition to the Dojo after completing a Railjack mission.
- Fixed cases of Turrets being inoperable if a Host migrates while they were operating it.
- Fixed Railjack Host being able to use Navigation before the mission is complete and Clients inability to use Navigation at all when launched from the Dry Dock.
- For clarification, the correct functionality is Host and Client can use Railjack Navigation after mission complete and neither can use Navigation before mission complete.
- Fixed Battle Avionics remaining disabled for Clients after Railjack is repaired from Critical Breach.
- Fixed Dome Charges being consumed when a Client enters the Forward Artillery, regardless of actually firing the BFG.
- Fixed issue where Clients would see Forward Artillery reload multiple times while waiting for Host to put Dome Charges in the weapon.
- Fixed Clients not seeing Shatter Burst Battle Avionic explosion FX.
- Fixed Clients not seeing the missile created by Shatter Burst/Void Hole.
- Fixed enemy Captains spawning in the “Asteroid Base Commander” POI and Commanders spawning in the “Kill the Galleon Captain” POI.
- Fixed Galvarc Missile Launcher not functioning for Clients.
- Fixed being left out in space if you were aboard a Crewship when it despawns due to mission completion.
- Fixed cases of losing the Railjack Forge UI if you attempted to activate it while sliding.
- Fixed Railjack Ammunition and supplies that were spent during a mission not saving at the end of mission.
- Fixed cooldown bar on Railjack Ordnance burst-fire weapons emptying and not start filling until after the laser’s done firing, instead of when you initially fire.
- Fixed Railjack Tactical Avionics cooldown tooltip information not applying Intrinsic cooldown reductions from Tactical Response and Swift Tactics.
- Fixed Void Cloak cooldown timer not updating when viewing in the Tactical Menu.
- Fixed Upgraded Avionics not showing their proper description and stats, such as being Ranked vs Unranked.
- Fixed the camera breaking when Warping to another player while in the Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed Tactical Menu Chase Camera to better reflect the view of the player’s camera.
- Fixed Dry Dock creating a blocking volume in a room that is built below it.
- Fixed Fiery Phoenix not becoming disabled when Flux Energy reaches 0.
- Fixed full ranked Flow Burn not being upgraded further when placed into a max rank Grid.
- Fixes toward Railjack Fast Travel not working properly while operating a Turret.
- Fixed Railjack Engines and Reactors displaying as equipped on the wrong part of the Railjack (Engines on Wing Turrets, etc).
- Fixed exiting the Railjack with Hildryn’s Balefire active defaulting you to Unarmed with no Arch-Gun.
- Fixed weird camera rotations after launching out of the Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed the Quick Progress screen not being usable after the first node transition in Railjack.
- Fixed Lavan Elemental Reduction Avionics gain nothing from being Upgraded to Rank 1 unless on an Upgraded Grid.
- Fixed Sentient Cores displaying the wrong marker after being picked up.
- Possible fix for a crash that could occur when joining a mission right as someone picked up some loot in a Crewship.
- Fixed Crewships having no behavioural defense against leaving the Railjack level bounds and disappearing completely (now they will scoot back into the combat zone).
- Fixed Arch-Gun reload sounds not working when in Railjack POIs.
- Fixed activating the Omni gear recall twice in succession resulting in breaking the UI timer, not teleporting you, and inability to use it again.
- Fixed Omni tool equip animation causing loss of functionality when mounting emplacements/piloting.
- Fixed Omni Tool having an ammo type (which didn’t actually interact with anything).
- Fixed Omni Tool showing level ‘0’.
- Fixed max ranked Battle Forge Railjack Avionic trying to subtract 3.4E+38 seconds (more than the age of the universe) from remaining Forge cooldown time.
- Fixed an unhackable console in a Grineer Galleon Railjack base.
- Fixed End of Mission screen popping up and 2nd mission not starting when you fail a mission in Railjack, return to Dry Dock, and then try to start another mission.
- Fixed players being blocked from returning to Dry Dock after new Update/Hotfix/Host migration. You’ll now see a nice message telling you to return to the Dry Dock to get your goodies!
- Fixed some Railjack interior textures appearing more ‘Wear & Tear’ than others.
- Fixed incorrect droptable for all enemies in nodes that give you the ‘Investigate Anomaly’ objective.
- Fixed infinite spawn exploit from the Assassinate target, Blite in Galleon Points of Interest. The cooldown for him to spawn new minions now ramps up over time.
- Fixed being in all types of broken states if the Crewship you’re piloting blows up.
- Fixed the Hyperflux Flux Capacity buff not properly applying to the Railjack.
- Potential fix for the Asteroid Hanger Crewship being stuck, resulting in an inability to complete the mission.
- Fixed inability to progress past certain doors in the Railjack Missile Platform interior.
- Fixed for certain weapons still damaging the Elite Kosma Flak through its shield ability.
- Fixed Rhino’s Iron Skin FX applying to the Nose/Wing Turrets.
- Fixed seeing tiny asteroids back in your Orbiter/Dry Dock.
- Fixed screen turning completely black when inside a Blackhole, forever searching for that guy from that space movie with the books.
- Fixed players becoming stuck in an infinite loading tunnel when launching from the Orbiter.
- Fixed Non-Elite Exo Fighters unable to spawn in Veil Proxima.
- Fixed Gyre Elites not dropping Avionics.
- Fixed some color and alpha settings on off-screen markers in Archwing for better visibility.
- Fixed Engines Colour customization not working properly.
- Fixed missing sounds on a certain Archwing fly-in cinematic.
- Fixed erroneous ‘Stealth’ component from Railjack gun Huds.
- Fixed Arrows for Railjack markers pointing the wrong way when you have a scaled HUD.
- Fixed Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead spawning enemy ships inside Railjacks (lol).
- Fixed an issue where using the Archwing Slingshot with Melee equipped causes issues.
- Fixed an issue where you could use menus while in Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed the ‘Hijacked’ Grineer Crewship spawning inside geometry.
- Fixed multiple [HC] tags appearing.
- Fixed an issue where players entering Grineer Ramsleds could travel unknown places.
- Fixed Ivara’s Zipline persisting when in Railjack Emplacements.
- Fixed Railjack audio looping when in Landing Craft.
- Fixed the Reliquary Void Branches not persisting.
- Fixed Ballistic and Particle damage icons being swapped in-game.
- Fixed Railjack Slingshot FX colour not updating properly.
- Fixed Tactical views of players on Railjack Weaponry not working correctly.
- Fixed overlapping music on mission complete.
- Fixed being able to acquire Revolite by methods other than crafting / preparing Payloads.
- Fixed Archwing death causing players to respawn at the beginning of the mission.
- Fixed being able to exit an emplacement without animations instantly by spamming button to exit multiple times.
- Fixed railjack mission complete popup rendering behind the railjack HUD.
- Fixed grineer Crewship console disabling the shield when exiting the hack without completing.
- Fixed Sigma Engines displaying incorrect stats.
- Fixed some weapons showing incorrect icons.
- Fixed the repair drones not disappearing if someone else repairs the malfunction before the drones finish it.
- Fixed drifting sound stopping properly when pilot leaves pilot seat during drifting.
- Fixed the wide door in the Pulse Turbine not opening for Clients.
- Fixed the shortcut path not opening up for Clients when destroying the Core in the Missile Platform.
- Fixed Railjack Weaponry appearing at odd angles for Clients when dismounting.
- Fixed Clients being permanently dead in Railjacks if they return to a Dojo in the ‘Revive’ screen.
- Fixed Crewship healing bubble not being seen or affected by clients.
- Fixed railjack engineering 10 intrinsic not working for clients.
- Fixed Archwing bug that would cause Clients to be stuck with normal weapons if they slingshot into a non-Crewship enemy.
- Fixed Client bodies disappearing, Railjack turning into just black walls, and more bad states if they were operating a Turret when the Host migrates.
- Fixed Clients dying and being Revived when operating a Turret resulting in the Railjack disappearing.
- Fixed Clients crashing if the Host migrated during a Critical Breach.
- Fixed a couple issues of hangar doors on the Missile Platform not opening for Clients.
- Fixed Wing Turrets moving their positions each time a Client mounts them.
- Fixed hazard markers (Fire, Electricity, Fast Travel) inside the Railjack appearing in the wrong locations when viewed in the Tactical Menu while on the Pilot seat or side Turrets.
- Fixed missing Railjack enemy UI after exiting/returning/exiting the Railjack.
- Fixed incorrect minimap overlay when failing a Railjack mission and returning to the Dojo.
- Fixed Railjack enemies displaying a Rank of 00.
- Fixed some Mods displaying under the Items section on the End of Mission screen.
- Fixed Reliquary Drive appearing to have the ‘vacant’ text even after completing the Key quest.
- Fixed unlocalized Railjack recall text.
- Fixed super bright lighting during the exit cinematic of some Point of Interests.
- Fixed Host migration after exposing a radiator in a Point of Interest (Pulse Turbine, Shipkiller Platform, etc) resulting in an inability to complete the mission.
- Potential fix towards losing Railjack objective markers after a Host migration.
- Fixed a script error if Client is going from Dry Dock to a session hosted from the Orbiter.
- Fixed a script error if an encounter triggered during a Host migration.
- Fixed a script error in the Tactical Map.
- Fixed a script error when using the Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed a script error when using the Forward Artillery.
- Fixed a script error when transitioning to and from the Dry Dock.
- Fixed a script error when boarding a Crewship.
- Fixed a script error when an enemy Crewship deploys their healing bubble.
- Fixed a script error in the Railjack UI.
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when loading into a mission as a client in a Landing Craft.
- Fixed common crash that could occur when a Crewship was destroyed while someone was aboard.
- Fixed a crash when trying to access the Payload screen during Host migration, or at the start of the mission before it’s done loading.
- Fixed a crash while transitioning levels in the Railjack.
- Fixed a crash when the Host aborted from a completed Railjack mission.
- Fixed a rare crash if you were connecting to a squad while another player was dealing damage with a Railjack weapon.
- Fixed a crash when fighting Sentients in the Sentient Anomaly POI.
The birth of the very first Kuva Lich on PS4 came just 3 months ago on (November 19th, 2019)! A copious amount of Additions, Changes, and Fixes have been made since; each one of them touching the surface of feedback, but not fully reaching all the way into the depths. Today, that changes!
If you watched Devstream #136, the 2019 Player Survey showed us that out of the 27,000+ responses, the Kuva Lich system was the 2019 addition that was enjoyed the least. Many players voiced that the Kuva Lich system got progressively less fun the more time and energy was devoted to it. While finding the line between repetition and progress is one Warframe has struggled with since it’s first day, Liches highlighted some issues we aim to address while walking that line.
Let’s get to the meaty changes shall we?
1. The Kuva Larvling Who Lived
Starting from the very beginning of Kuva Lich conception brings us to Kuva Larvlings. Kuva Larvlings will now play a key role in determining your future relationship with your Kuva Lich.
- A downed Kuva Larvling will now display an icon of the Kuva weapon that it’s birthed Kuva Lich will possess!
- This allows players to decide upfront if they want to pursue that weapon by finishing the downed Kuva Larvling, or to ignore and attempt another Lich. The Kuva Larvling will be in this downed state for a max of 30 seconds before it perishes.
As an added benefit to completing the mission even if you choose NOT to kill the Kuva Larvling, a downed Kuva Larvling will grant 100 Kuva on End of Mission.
2. Breaking Your Back for Knowledge
The first time my Kuva Lich cracked my back like celery I knew I’d have to settle the score. But, over time- and 100 back-cracks and deaths later- Parazon Requiem Attempts started to feel overly negative. To alleviate some of that back pain, we’ve prioritized knowledge over chiropractic methods:
- Your Kuva Lich will no longer kill you when you fail a Requiem guess, nor will they attempt to break your back. The Parazon stabbing animation will play but the UI will show whether it was a success or failure. Upon receiving a Requiem fail, your Kuva Lich will laugh at you and leave, leaving your back and dignity intact!
3. Valence FUSION
This was first introduced in 26.0.6 on PC as Valence Transfer, which was an update that was not included in the original launch of Empyrean on PS4. With that in mind, here is a bit of history behind it! It has now been retitled Valence Fusion, and was designed to address owning duplicate Kuva weapons with different unique innate damage bonuses. Giving you the ability to replace a Kuva weapons innate damage bonus (plus investments like Forma, Focus Lens etc) with one from another Kuva weapon was a good start, but we can push this even further so now our PS4 Tenno are being introduced to this system in its updated version!
- Valence Fusion now also boosts your Kuva weapons innate damage bonus. Examples:
- Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be fed into your 40% weapon, to make it 44%
- Your Kuva Kohm with 40% damage can be fed into your 25% weapon, to make it 44%
- Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be fed into your 44% weapon, to make it 48.4%
Your Kuva weapon duplicates now offer a gradual progression towards a “perfect” Kuva weapon, which would reflect a 60% damage value, if you choose to pursue this path.
We’re also looking at other places we could potentially use this mechanic (Railjack, etc)!
As you can see, we’ve cracked a few eggs to make this omelette! We look forward to your feedback on these Kuva Lich changes!
*Clarification on ‘Abandoning Liches’: We have removed the prototype for this for now, because rather than not fixing the core loop and just letting a Lich be banished, we intend to focus on the core loop first.
*Comment on Murmur hunting – There are some questions about Murmur hunting that are outside the scope of this hotfix, but we will be reviewing in the coming weeks once the above changes are settled in.
NEW KUVA WEAPONS
KUVA HIND (variant)
This powerful Grineer burst rifle has been retrofitted to add semi-automatic and automatic fire modes.
KUVA NUKOR (variant)
A highly-optimized Nukor that allows for the weapon’s microwave field to hit up to four additional targets.
KUVA BRAMMA (new)
This Grineer bow delivers vengeance in the form of cluster bomb-tipped arrows that can be detonated mid-air or on impact.
Converted Kuva Lich Changes
Converted Liches have been criticized for their lack of endurance and firepower. They don’t use their abilities, and leave a weak impression.
- Increased Converted Kuva Lich minimum time to 2 minutes.
- Increased Converted Kuva Lich Damage Per Second with damage bonus upgrade 3x.
- Fixed Converted Kuva Liches not using their abilities.
General Kuva Lich Changes & Fixes:
- Doubled the chance of a Kuva Lich to have a Vengeful Ephemera from 10% to 20%!
- Known Requiem/attempts now also appear in your Parazon Upgrade screen!
- Kuva Thralls now have a unique marker to differentiate them from the Lich!
- Changed all Kuva Thrall markers to consistently reflect the new icon. This includes the minimap and when waypointing a Kuva Thrall.
- Kuva pickup/rewards are now displayed as the fancy banner UI, similar to Argon.
- Kuva Liches can no longer be Parazon stabbed as they are escaping. This resulted in invisible animations, and the UI unveiling if your Requiem Mod guess was correct but not registering it, thus not ranking up your Kuva Lich.
- Cleaned up visual metal chunks from the Kuva Liches Carapace (Iron Skin) ability.
- You can now search the Kuva Lich History Codex section by name, Kuva weapon, and Ephemera.
- Fixed Lich ‘Ruse’ clones displaying the default Excalibur Helmet on their shoulder instead of the same Warframe Helmet as their owner.
- Fixed Nidus Helmet Armor not appearing grayscale on Kuva Liches.
- Fixed your Kuva Lich having the default Excalibur Helmet on their shoulder if you killed the Kuva Larvling as a Client.
- Fixed certain enemy types being allowed to be spawned as Kuva Thralls that shouldn’t be.
- Fixed cases of the Kuva Lich ping-ponging between locations when engaging its target.
- Fixed script error when changing resolution while in the Kuva Lich screen.
- Fixed Nox enemies being turned into Thralls by Liches.
- Fixed Demolishers being turned into Thralls by Liches.
- Fixed Kuva Liches stealing Conclave Rewards.
- Fixed the Vengeful Charge Ephemera providing constant light source for Mirage’s Eclipse, resulting in a cosmetic granting the light buff to remain 99% of the time.
- Fixed Kuva Tolon Chest Armor having an incorrect icon.
- Fixed Kuva Thrall Mercies not counting towards the Executioner Nightwave Challenge.
- Fixed various issues with the Kuva Ayangya, including not firing sometimes in space.
- Fixed Kuva Ayanga no longer having its Area Of Effect properties.
IVARA SKATHI SKIN
From the darkest forest, a striking new huntress takes aim. Also includes an alternative appearance for the Artemis Bow.
IVARA SKATHI COLLECTION
Take aim with this striking collection of Ivara Skathi items. Includes the Ivara Skathi Skin, Dali Ballistica Skin and the Thiazi Syandana.
*Drusus has a tale to tell! Visit the new Ivara Leverian to learn more and find her Prex card! You can find the Leverian in the Market or Codex when viewing Ivara!
New Warframe Augments (at max rank)
Garuda – Bloodletting Augment: Bloodforge
Garuda’s equipped weapon is reloaded up to 100%.
Baruuk – Lull Augment: Endless Lullaby
Performing a finisher on a sleeping enemy will retrigger Lull for 100% of the remaining duration. Passive: +50% Lull Duration.
Baruuk – Serene Storm Augment: Reactive Storm
Desert Wind is granted +35% Status Chance and changes its damage type to match enemy weaknesses.
Shape intricate melodies with this geometric Shawzin.
- A note from our Sound Team: “We recorded many different real guitars to make this electric guitar Shawzin sound heavy. The sounds are a result of blending these different guitar tones together. Each of the notes has a couple of different variations so when you play it, it will sound like a realistic electric guitar.”
- Melee Heavy Attacks are no longer able to be triggered by holding ‘Square’, they again live exclusively on Alt-Fire.
- The loss of Melee Combo Counter feedback due to spamming Melee drove the vast amounts of requests for Melee Heavy Attack to not be holding ‘Square’. A toggle for Melee Heavy Attacks is not in the cards, thus Melee Heavy Attacks are now essentially brought back to its original mechanic of having to use Alt-Fire.
- A fully charged throw of the Orvius will now activate its unique enemy suspension mechanic.
- The Shedu Blueprint has been added to Cephalon Simaris’ Lost & Found Offerings (only after acquisition Quest completion).
- All Gas City, Sanctuary Onslaught, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught Captura Scenes can now be sold for 3500 Credits for those that have duplicates!
- NPCs now have about a second of delay before being able to perceive other players or NPCs that come out of invisibility, regardless of alert state. Previously, combat-state enemies would near instantly retarget in such cases.
- Defense Waves will now complete if NPCs are downed (but not dead), except for the final Wave, where all NPCs must be taken care of.
- Removed Riven Mods from the Codex Mod section.
- There were a few issues present here: 1) the Codex Mod section not display all of your Rivens Mods, and, 2) the Riven Mods that it did show would point their acquisition to Cephalon Simaris, which only applies to Companion Weapon Rivens. Considering the extensive amount of Rivens possible, this option in the Codex does not function properly, as it would need to look up unique information.
- Fixed an issue where the Defense target’s head would float above the cryopod in Defense missions, exposing it to the many dangers of the environment and also the dangers of not having your head connected to your body.
- Removed the hit-scan tracers from Imperator Vandal as it’s now a projectile weapon.
- Improved robustness of a script interface to try to avoid scripts breaking if you switched to your Operator at the wrong time.
- Updated the “Boss Kills” section of the Profile stats to include the many years of game updates (untouched since Update 14!).
- Not only does this stat include the updated boss types it now includes special bosses like the Hemocyte and Razorback. There are a few known issues for some bosses that remain.
- Hydroid, Limbo, Mesa, and Mirage ability videos have been added to their respective Arsenals!
- Restored the original default Energy colors of the Limbo Limina Skin and Nekros Irkalla Skin to match its original artist intentions.
- Grendel Specters can now use all of his Abilities!
- Increased range that the Mine Osprey drops mines from. This combined with their behaviour bringing them close to the player meant the Ospreys would only usually get about one mine dropped before hovering harmlessly near the player.
- Increased the scan projector FX when Conserving on the Orb Vallis to address colorblind difficulty.
- Removed decimals in the Arsenal stats if damage Falloff range is 1000 or greater to fix numbers overlapping and appearing messy.
- Pressing ‘enter’ (while using a keyboard) in the Loadout selection while using the search box will now equip the first Loadout in the resulting grid.
- The Pennant has been removed from Conclave.
- Added decos around Simaris targets so they are less likely to be mistaken for Thralls.
- Shedu now uses its clip mesh when disarmed (the whole gun is too big!)
- Removed the slight red tint that was always displayed on the Shedu glow, no matter your Energy color choices.
- Added pickup text to Shedu and Euphona Prime.
- Warframe/weapon tooltip in the Inventory will now display an Exilus icon if said item/Warframe has one installed.
- Disabled the new boss Health bar on Razorback because it was causing an issue. Razorback will now have it’s original Health bar.
- Tweaked Ivara Prime prowl effect to be less prominent while moving to reduce eye-strain based on feedback.
- Removed redundant ‘Damage Blocked’ stat from Saryn’s Toxic Lash.
- Removed a crate from extraction zone in Grineer Shipyard so it will stop taunting solo players who couldn’t get it.
- Cleaned up Sonicor light FX.
- Updated the background for Glyph dioramas in the market.
- Prime Smite Infested and the Zylok are now tradeable.
Yep, it’s a big patch alright. Once we get wind of new content and events, we’ll let our readers know.
Source: Warframe forums