Warframe update today brings in new skins, and lots of tweaks!
Digital Extrremes has released a new Warframe update out on consoles, and it’s live! Warframe update 1.33 clocks in at 1.43GB, and brings with it, a lot of new weapon skins, tweaks and more.
For those wondering, this update is also called Plains of Eidolon update 22.10.1, so don’t be confused by the numbering
Before we dive into the new weapon skins and whatnot, first, the changes to the base game.
- The Day 800 Tribute Milestone is here! For those Tenno who have been with Warframe since the beginning of its release on consoles, you may be fast approaching the Day 800 Login Reward! Upon reaching Day 800, dedicated Tenno will receive the Lodestar Syandana!
- The War Within Choice Scene has been added to Captura! Completing The War Within for the first time will reward this in your Inbox. For those that have already completed The War Within quest, it has been retroactively added to your Captura Scene selection right on login.
- Added “Replay Quest” option for the following Quests in your Codex:
- Apostasy Prologue
- A Man of Few Words
- Stolen Dreams
- Melee weapons will now display a ‘Block Damage’ reduction stat in the Arsenal! This stat varies mostly between weapon categories, and while there are only select Mods that enhance the effects of blocking, the stat is still valuable to expose the mechanic. If you favor a melee playstyle, we hope you find this information valuable!
- Added a bit more variety to the dynamic weather in the Plains: Wind will become stronger if it is pouring. Currently, rain and wind are independent of each other and cycle in a predictable pattern that we want to avoid.
- Added a reusable Blueprint for converting Intact Sentient Cores to Exceptional Sentient Cores. This Blueprint is available from Onkko in Cetus. This is an addition to help provide an alternative, but still invested, way for players to progress in the Quills.
- Added back long lost functionality of showing ‘Inspect Player’ help text when looking at other Players in Relays/Cetus.
- The Teralyst has a new purple shield bar that will appear overtop its health bar until depleted. This is to give players a better indication of how much shields it has left.
- We now present players with the option to buy a Forma Bundle when using the Upgrade screen to install Forma.
- Added filters to the Fish inventory screen at Fisher Hai-Luk’s shop (Small, Medium, Large).
- Added distinct icons for Elevator controls going up or down and increased the speed of some Elevators.
- You can now decide to only allow friend invites from certain groups (All, Friends of Friends, etc).
- You can now see how many of a given Mod you own if you click it through Chat Linking!
- Added Time of Day text to the Free Roam node for the Plains of Eidolon!
- Added separate category for Sentient and Eidolon kills in Profile stats.
- Added each type of fish from the Plains in the Codex.
- Added a small delay when transitioning to jog from run after firing a weapon so you have time to play your fire animation. Before depending on the weapons refire wait time, you wouldn’t have enough time to raise your arms so bullets sort of just shot out of your body.
- Added ‘Defend’ icons to Eidolon Lures in the Plains. This icon will change to blue (0, 219, 255 to be exact) when the Lure is fully charged.
- Added options to Flip Horizontal and Vertical for artwork within the Display customization window.
- Added 4 new Grineer Asteroid Capture/loot rooms, and a new Capture objective room.
- Added a Settings options for enabling/disabling hit sounds. This will be a toggle that disables the function entirely (instead of just muting the mixer) to save performance when disabled.
- Added a Kuva count label under the ‘confirm’ button when attempting to reroll a Riven to inform you of how much Kuva you currently have.
- Bounties are now Mastery Rank tiered! In the current system, a player of any Mastery Rank could queue up and join any Bounty, even the highest level ones! In order to avoid a mismatch in experience, we’ve simply set each Bounty to have a default Mastery Rank. It looks a little something like this:
- You can now properly waypoint dropped weapon parts/Blueprints.
- More than doubled the size of the Cetus Wisp pickup radius. This will allow you to obtain the Cetus Wisp from further away instead of needing to be right on top of it.
- Reduced Vay Hek’s zap Magnetic Status to not drain Energy completely.
- Items claimed while in the foundry’s “In Progress” tab will now stay in the tab until the tab is changed so you can choose to build it again right after.
- Warframe Specters are now much smarter! If you don’t recall, Specters are craftable gear you can equip to summon an AI companion in battle. We’ve done a general intelligence pass on their proficiency with Weapons, and we’ve also updated their power-casting logic. Virtually every power is now castable with only a few exceptions! Specters CANNOTcast the following Abilities: Vauban’s Minelayer, Ivara’s Zipline, Titania’s Razorwing, Nekros’ Desecrate and Shadows of the Dead, Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, Valkyr’s Hysteria, Wukong’s Primal Fury, Cloud Walker, and Defy, Atlas’ Petrify and Tectonics, Limbo’s entire kit (save for the damage aspect of Banish), and finally Zephyr’s Dive Bomb.
- Zaw strike Plague Kripath now uses the default Rapier holster position when used with a one-handed Zaw Grip.
- The Plague Kripath now uses Rapier melee style instead of Sword melee style.
- Itzal Penumbra now turns off sprint toggle so you don’t immediately cancel out of the cloak when using it.
- Plains of Eidolon Sorties are now a string of 3 encounters that must be completed in order to finish the mission.
- Made improvements towards the dynamic sky in the Plains to reduce sun lens flare popping.
- Increased the drop chance of Intact Sentient Cores from Vomvalysts to 100%.
- Improvements towards enemy navigation throughout the Corpus Ice Planet Defense tileset.
- Replaced the Jupiter-Saturn Junction requirement of ‘defeat the Raptor on Europa’ with ‘complete Baal on Europa’. This is due to the Raptor’s boss fight getting increasingly difficult after his re-work, which created frustration for newer players attempting to unlock the Junction.
- Tweaked wording/order in the Landing Craft menu:
- Renamed ‘PLACE DECORATIONS’ to ‘DECORATE’
- Renamed ‘CUSTOMIZE INTERIOR’ to ‘INTERIOR COLORS’
- Flipped the order of those two options
- Tweaked the brightness/visibility of Frost’s Snow Globe in the Plains at night.
- When browsing Warframes/weapons to equip, you will now see the equipped Skin displayed on the Warframe/weapon icon instead of the default icon.
- Optimized away about 250KB of code spread throughout the whole game (over 1% savings!)
- Optimized memory related to the Star Chart.
- Increased Stubba’s ammo pool from 285 to 399.
- Removed the Mastery Rank 2 requirement from the MK1-Furis.
- Sarpa and Redeemer trace distance reduced to 300m to match the rest of the non-sniper weapons.
- Headshots from the Arca Plasmor will no longer give a headshot multiplier. The Arca Plasmor was designed to hit multiple targets with a high-status chance, but with wide wave projectiles and inherent punch-through, a single shot could result in multiple headshots. With it being a shotgun, it was never intended to behave as a precision weapon, and the bonus pushed it too far out of that mold.
- Updated description of Kwath (Grip) to properly inform of its stats:
- “Light weight” now reads “Heavy weight”
- “increase in speed” now reads “increase in damage”
- “cost of damage” now reads “cost of speed”.
- Updated the description on Zaw balances to say “link” instead of “counterweight”.
- Updated all mentions of “anti-matter” to read “antimatter”.
- Update description of Nova’s Null Star to reflect the damage reduction it gives per particle:
- Each active particle gives +5% damage reduction to Nova’s Health, stacking up to 90%.
- Equinox’s Night-Form ‘Mend’ now regenerates Shields of Allies as enemies are killed within range.
- Replace a vaulted Relic (Meso V2) with a current Relic (Meso H1) in the Daily Tribute rewards.
- Spearfishing spears can now kill Condrocs and Kuakas if you wish to do that.
- Removed the equip sound from the Fishing Spear.
- Updated the Design Council tips that appear in the loading screen and removed some that don’t apply anymore.
- When the Acolytes are live, players will only see them in the World State panel once they’ve completed Vor’s Prize.
- Sabotage missions on Settlement, Shipyards, and Gas City tilesets now have 2 stages.
- Eidolon Lures now follow both Warframe or Operator rather than just the Warframe. The Lure will also now teleport to the player it’s following if/when it gets too far away/stuck.
- Security cameras now trigger more intelligently, the Corpus have upgraded their software.
- Improved the UI on Defection missions by having instruction text, aligning objectives, and better colour coding for defector icons.
- Increased duration of Duality Augment to be 10 seconds at Max Rank (affected by Duration Mods).
- Second Dream now has two vaults instead of three during the first Spy mission.
- Disabled Stalker, Arc traps, and random transmissions during some quest missions.
- Updated some doors which still had red non-interactive locked materials to new off versions.
- Instead of redundantly showing both Fire Rate and Charge Rate on bows, they now hide Fire Rate unless comparing to a non-bow weapon.
- Changed the background on selected Tenno customizations to be the same white as when selecting customizations from the Arsenal.
- Improved Sprint/Toggle Sprint so that sprinting stops less often.
- Standing in place with sprint key down no longer causes the sprint posture (for the purposes of Prowl and such).
- When a player tries to sell their last Sentinel, a more informative message will appear to explain why it cannot be sold.
- Somachord now continues playing where you left off when you return to your Orbiter.
- Somachord Tones now have their own marker icon when waypointing/finding one in a mission.
- Removed the “kill unalerted enemies” or “hack 1 terminal” Challenges from The Law of Retribution and The Jordas Verdict.
- Increased the Health of the Loki Specter in the Neptune Junction on Uranus.
- Changed the ‘disable sniper scopes’ HUD option to be ‘use sniper scopes’ instead to fit with the positive style of other option wordings.
- Increased follow radius of Drone in the Drone Hijack Incursion from 30m to 50m.
- Lowered health of Grineer Auto Turrets from 1250 to 1100.
- Lowered health from 650 to 550 and armor from 100 to 75 of the big Dropship Turret.
- Nox enemies will now react when being damaged by a Stealth attack. Before they would remain not alerted after taking some stealthy damage.
- Operators will now automatically go back into Void Mode after a Void Blast if crouch is still being held (and they have enough Energy).
- Replaced old damaged Liset ship in Vor’s Prize cinematic with new damaged version.
Vay Hek Changes:
- You can now damage Vay Hek up to 25% of his total Health (was 10% previously) while his Propaganda Drone is active before it shuts off. This will result in less waiting around, and will make Vay Hek in Terra Frame easier to deal with.
- Reduced base Armor of Vay Hek in his Terra Frame from 225 to 200.
Ghoul Bounty Changes:
The Ghouls have burrowed back deep into the ground with the coming of this update. Konzu no longer seeks your aid (for now) as the Ghoul Bounties have been removed from his board. However, the Ghouls can and will reappear, and when they do, the following changes will be active on their next visit:
- Ghoul Lore Fragments are simply way more likely to drop within Bounties now.
- Ghoul enemies themselves can now also drop the Lore Fragments (and Ghouls always have a chance to appear outside of Ghoul Bounties!).
- Ghoul Bounty tables have received new items including Nitain, Cetus Wisps, and Breath of the Eidolon!
The following Market changes have been made to be more user-friendly and easier to browse:
- The top left HOME tab has been renamed to CATEGORIES
- The Drop Down Icon has changed to an Arrow
- Renamed the first category in the drop-down menu (currently called HOME) to FEATURED
- Updated Icons for CATEGORIES and FEATURED
- The TennoGen tab in the Market now has individual categories to better organize and sort the amazing growing collection of TennoGen items.
- Warframes and Weapons that you have fully ranked up will now display a ‘Mastered’ label in the items panel when viewing them in the Market diorama.
- Converted the Quartakk to a burst fire that fires all 4 rounds at the same time instead of a semi-auto that fires 4 bullets per shot.
- Increased fire rate from 6.32 to 12.67.
- Increased Accuracy from 58.8 to 90.9.
- Reduced damage from 51 to 27.
Objective Text Changes:
- Changed Vault timer UI text in Spy missions to flash red instead of grey and added /!\ warning icon like in Interception missions.
- Tweaked Plains Bounty objective text to make hierarchy and relatedness clearer by enlarging, bolding, and aligning with other objective text on the screen.
Boss Reward Location Changes:
In an effort to balance the acquisition of Warframes, we’ve shifted some boss drop locations.
- Excalibur from Pluto to Mars – meaning Lieutenant Lech Kril now possess Excalibur parts
- Frost from Mars to Ceres – meaning Lieutenant Lech Kril/Captain Vor now possess Frost parts
- Trinity from Ceres to Pluto – meaning Ambulas now possess Trinity parts
- Viper Wraith damage reduced in Conclave.
- Reduced the projectile width of the Arca Plasmor.
- Reduced dash distance of Conclave stance Fateful Truth’s Leaping Blade.
- Conclave Mod Skull Shots can no longer refresh while it’s effect is active.
- The Conclave Mod Overcharged description now correctly states that 100% of 50 Energy converted to Energy on respawn.
- Conclave Stance Fateful Truth Leading Blade combo now only hits once during the dash.
- Conclave Stance Fateful Truth Sudden Spring combo damage reduced.
For the new skins and Augments, check them out here.
Source: Warframe forums